PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous endorsed Ron Paul - are they about to strike in Tampa?

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 02:22 AM
I've heard absolutely nothing about the protesters in Tampa. Has anyone?

Anonymous has put out some messages. Some indicate non-violent demonstrations. Some suggest they are going to riot. Personally, I think they may have been holding back to see what happened with Paul and to not distract attention from our fight. Today could be really interesting (it's 4am as a write this). Blowback mittens/RNC?

Here is their endorsement of Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPkVPOh1UqM&feature=related

Here is a Press Release saying they are going to be non-violent:

http://www.indybay.org/uploads/2012/08/26/resistrnc-press_release-120825.pdf_600_.jpg

Here are some things indicating they may riot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwAf9DGrJLs&feature=player_detailpage

To download application that will allow real time viewing of RNC camera locations go to

http://rncctv.com/

To view corporate locations around tampa go to.

http://resistrnc.org/maps/

As some of you may know there are cameras all around the city designed to watch protesters and gather evidence to put activists in jail. A programmer by the name of Jon Gales has created an application that maps out the locations of these cameras for you in real time. You can get this application for your smartphone at r n c c t v dot com. At the RNC protest these cameras should be disabled by any means necessary whether it be by hacking or other means.

Police at RNC will be relying on their radio communications to perform tactical strategies to stop us. It would be wise to jam up Police radio communications with the use of a Radio Frequency Jamming Devices. Those of you with the knowledge to create an RF Jammer should create one and those of you with the financial ability to purchase one should do so and bring it to the RNC. It is also recommended that anyone with a smart phone download a police scanner application that will allow you to listen in on police communications.

After mayor bob buckhorns creation of the RNC clean zones there most likely will be walls up somewhere in RNC to prevent us from going places where we should not be. These walls are usually made up of light weight fencing and can be pulled down to allow activists further passage into the city. Try to concentrate on knocking the wall down where police are less concentrated. Taking down these walls is an important objective.

All over the city of tampa there are corrupt corporate headquarters. A map of the locations to where these corporate places can be found at resist rnc dot org slash maps. These corporate places should be dealt with. But the small businesses should be left alone, unless of coarse there is a Mitt Romney sticker in their window. Ha ha ha.

We advise anyone who is going to RNC to bring some kind of respiration device to protect their lungs. This could be a gas mask or a respirator for painting that is equipped with a filter. To protect yourself from rubber bullets one should have some kind of helmet, shin guards, knee pads and a protest sign made of hard material that can double as a protective shield. Chest protection can also be useful such as a life vest or some kind of small chest guard such as the ones dirt bikers use. If you are a nurse or have any kind of medical skill please wear something that tells others you are a medic. Such as a white t shirt with a red cross on it would be fine. And carry a backpack full of medical supplies.

It is important to avoid clashing with police while completing these objectives to avoid jail or injury unless you are left no other choice. He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Pay close attention to the movements of police very often they will try to trap activists by surrounding them. Do not allow yourself to be caught in this situation for you surely will be doomed. If you are a soldier or belong to a militia form a barrier between police and protestors. If you are a journalist or photographer be sure to get footage of police brutality that will occur. Tampa is our city the peoples city. Lets take it back. Lets make this the beginning of our long awaited revolution. It is time for the peoples uprising. We are anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/81292

The 2012 Republican National Convention is being held in Tampa, Florida, with a slightly revised schedule due to the tropical storm. All of downtown Tampa is within the RNC security perimeter. There are about 90 high-definition cameras connected via a wireless network, according to Indybay. 31 surveillance cameras are fixed-point and about 63 surveillance cameras have pan/tilt/zoom capabilities that can be remotely aimed and zoomed in to 20x optical. All videos will be stored for four years. There have been 1,700 beds set aside at the local jail, a video court system setup for first hearings, "extra shifts of public defenders on call to quickly process 'troublemakers'," 575 portable toilets, two misting stations, bottled water and city workers to provide emergency medical care. Otherwise, there seems to be mass confusion regarding demonstrations; can you separate fact from fiction?
Indybay reported on the numerous items recently banned by new laws in Tampa, including:

gas masks or similar devices designed to filter all air breathed by the wearer in an attempt to protect the respiratory tract and/or face against irritating or noxious gasses or other materials; water guns, super-soakers, and water cannons; air rifles, air pistols, paintball rifles, explosives, blasting caps, switchblades, hatchets, axes, slingshots, BB guns, pellet guns, sling shots, blackjacks, metal knuckles, nun chucks, mace, ax handles, crowbars, hammers, shovels or any club or bludgeon; rope, chain, string, strapping wire, cable, string, line, tape, or any other material of a similar nature, having tensile strength greater than 30 pounds and length greater than 6 feet; containers filled with urine, fecal matter, blood or any other bodily fluid; and much more. Flagpole and protest signs will be banned unless they are less than less than 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Large puppets would be prohibited if their parts fit into several of the prohibited item categories. Guns, however, are allowed, if you have a carry permit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CcMZN3k9b4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w4HeCJ2gesg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudnoZrgA_E&feature=related

So what do you think Anonymous is going to do at the RNC?

-t

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Tons of info, thanks.
Do you think Anonymous can be trusted?

So what do you think Anonymous is going to do at the RNC?

Since they are Anonymous, how will we know they did it, and not OWS, or someone else?

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Tons of info, thanks.
Do you think Anonymous can be trusted?

What do you mean by "trusted"? They certainly sympathize with our movement, and based on the use of vocabulary specific to their movement and images showing up here on a regular basis - I can guarantee that there is a good degree of overlap between our organizations as to "membership".

Since they are Anonymous, how will we know they did it, and not OWS, or someone else?

Again, anyone can join Anonymous by simply deciding to be a member and saying they represent the organization. I can guarantee there is overlap between Anonymous and OWS - so what's the difference?

-t

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 03:30 AM
What do you mean by "trusted"?

1) Hacking is illegal and (usually) unethical. They are criminals even if they are allies.
2) Possibly a bogus operation (or partially controlled by the Feds) to make people think we need new laws to "protect the web".
3) They claim to be peaceful, but just might knock out security cameras and riot.

I'm not anti-Anonymous, just saying they might not smell right.*
*What is that Anonymous odor? :o

alucard13mmfmj
08-29-2012, 03:34 AM
*puts on tin foil hat*

anonymous is part of the CIA.. like al qaida.

WhistlinDave
08-29-2012, 03:53 AM
I don't really care if they do anything in Tampa (protests of any kind are not likely to get any honest coverage anyway, will just be made to look like bad guys) but I do hope if there are any unidentified people with computer skills out there who support Ron Paul and who are inclined to do things on computers you're maybe technically not really supposed to do, then I hope they make themselves a thorn in the side of a certain multi-millionaire for a prolonged period of time. And while they're doing it I hope they manage to obtain some sensitive information that can be used to put him and several of his cronies in jail.

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 04:00 AM
^^^
If my memory is correct Romney is not a "billionaire" (he is a several hundred millionaire),
...but you are referring to an Anonymous Billionaire. :p

WhistlinDave
08-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Thanks, just corrected that... I don't know why, must've heard it too many times and it stuck.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 04:31 AM
What do you mean by "trusted"?

1) Hacking is illegal and (usually) unethical. They are criminals even if they are allies.

Hackers come in many flavors:
Black hats - break into computers illegally. Sometimes for personal gain, often for recreation.

Hacktivists - generally politically motivated and certainly not illegal in some circumstances - say against foreign national targets - particularly against countries we are at war with. Some stuff that shows up on WikiLeaks.

White hats: some do basic research to discover security vulnerabilities and and inform the OS/program vendor before releasing to the public. This is not illegal, so long as the hardware is yours or you are testing against a site where you have permission. There is also the "computer security analyst hat" - which I used to wear, where someone is hired to break into a companies systems - say a bank, and write up a report telling them where they are vulnerable. This usually leads to a follow up contract to patch and put wrappers around everything and install security software. This is not illegal.

Most members of Anonymous couldn't hack their way out of a paper bag. On the other hand, some are very good and they do have access to bot-nets. You might have a ton of teenagers participating in a DDOS attack to get back at "the man" or "the banksters" or whatever by installing a piece of software that stress tests a systems ability to handle high traffic loads and being given a IP to connect to at the same time. I would consider them a step lower than "script kiddies". But they think they are 3l33t haxterz... :rolleyes:

Oh - and there is the original definition of hacker - a nerd that likes to tinker with this. They wrote the applications that made the Internet possible. This isn't illegal either.

2) Possibly a bogus operation (or partially controlled by the Feds) to make people think we need new laws to "protect the web".

Yeah - a basic problem with these groups is that they are Anonymous. I've read about cops infiltrating these groups and immediately being able to get leadership positions just by selling themselves to the crowd - in this case OWS protests.

3) They claim to be peaceful, but just might knock out security Big Brother spy cameras and riot.

On the first part, and argument could be made that taking out camera's was self defense. Rioting - not so much. But many are peaceful. Others not so much. I posted something on this a while back where different groups using different tactics worked together using something called "St. Paul's Principles". They all work together, but are separate in what they do and their goals just so long as there is common ground on some things - which depends on the individual participant or group. Pacifists work with people wanting to riot and share some events, and are very separate on others. It's called building coalitions.

I'm not anti-Anonymous, just saying they might not smell right.*
*What is that Anonymous odor? :o

Must be those half dozen pissed off skunks that someone forgot to sneak into the Colosseum yesterday...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm amazed that I am the only vote for "riot". You simply don't do shit like this unless you want to start a major shit storm:

To download application that will allow real time viewing of RNC camera locations go to

http://rncctv.com/

To view corporate locations around tampa go to.

http://resistrnc.org/maps/

We are talking mega trashing here....

Are you guys in major denial? OK so most of them are leftists... still...

There is major per-planning here. I think this is going to get ugly.

seriously? Are we in denial?

Yeah - Anonymous is usually peaceful.... BUT! their members are not always so...

-t

papitosabe
08-29-2012, 06:17 AM
"what do you mean by trusted?"
3) They claim to be peaceful, but just might knock out security cameras and riot.

Sounds just like our gov't ..

Liberty74
08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Is this the same group that threatened the stock market back in October?

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Is this the same group that threatened the stock market back in October?

Attacked banks - stock market??? - not familiar... Details?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 07:15 AM
//

Cody1
08-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Crickets

Anon is a joke.

As a lefty group they are extremely confused, DDOSing government sites is not a way to try and preserve liberty. They are a joke, nothing but a joke and will always be a joke.
If you want to see how serious this group is just go hop over to 4chan and get your fill of hackers and Guy Fawkes masks. They contribute nothing. Every person I know that supports these people believe that right wingers are the problem and that we somehow need more government to serve the people. This shit is retarded.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Crickets

Anon is a joke.

As a lefty group they are extremely confused, DDOSing government sites is not a way to try and preserve liberty. They are a joke, nothing but a joke and will always be a joke.
If you want to see how serious this group is just go hop over to 4chan and get your fill of hackers and Guy Fawkes masks. They contribute nothing. Every person I know that supports these people believe that right wingers are the problem and that we somehow need more government to serve the people. This shit is retarded.

4chan is the tip of the iceberg. There are a ton of chan sites, and many that are not chan. I've never run across a post that says right wingers are the problem. I have seen posts - a lot of posts - that say we need less government. hmmm.... just noticed your join date and post count. Not horrible, but not great. I will be reviewing your posts.

-t

Cody1
08-29-2012, 09:04 AM
4chan is the tip of the iceberg. There are a ton of chan sites, and many that are not chan. I've never run across a post that says right wingers are the problem. I have seen posts - a lot of posts - that say we need less government. hmmm.... just noticed your join date and post count. Not horrible, but not great. I will be reviewing your posts.

-t

Go ahead and review my shit, I don't owe anything to you. I've followed what they have done over the last 10 years and they're a joke! They do nothing but blow smoke up the ass's of teenagers that think they know anything about fighting the man because they watched V for vendetta. How about this. If they incite some riot then i'll concede to your assumptions that they are some masterful group of hackers fighting for our liberty, until then they are a joke to me.

TruckinMike
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Anonymous is most likely a psy-op. Something bad eventually will happen, it will then be blamed on anonymous, thus the freedom movement. They have been setting the stage for the event for a while now - that event will eventually come when they need it most. But there is no urgency at the moment.

Cody1
08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Anonymous is most likely a psy-op. Something bad eventually will happen, it will then be blamed on anonymous, thus the freedom movement. They have been setting the stage for the event for a while now - that event will eventually come when they need it most. But there is no urgency at the moment.

Maybe, personally I believe it's just a loose band hacktivists that feel empowered every time they watch a website go black from DDOS attack. Their numbers are fading though, they were big about 6-7 years ago but society is changing, people are growing up and their support is dropping. For some reason they gained a lot of heavy support recently form the OWS movement which made me LOL. Like I said, sorely confused.

ShaneEnochs
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Lulz at people thinking Anons are part of the government. Good shit.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Go ahead and review my shit, I don't owe anything to you. I've followed what they have done over the last 10 years and they're a joke! They do nothing but blow smoke up the ass's of teenagers that think they know anything about fighting the man because they watched V for vendetta. How about this. If they incite some riot then i'll concede to your assumptions that they are some masterful group of hackers fighting for our liberty, until then they are a joke to me.

Close, but no go!

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is a loosely associated hacktivist group. It originated in 2003 on the imageboard 4chan

So you have been monitoring a group for 10 years that has been in existence for 9 years... hmmm....

And I would have to imagine that 9 years ago, they were tiny. So how did you find them?

4chan: Launched on October 1, 2003

-t

Cody1
08-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Close, but no go!

So you have been monitoring a group for 10 years that has been in existence for 9 years... hmmm....

And I would have to imagine that 9 years ago, they were tiny. So how did you find them?

4chan: Launched on October 1, 2003

-t

Lol seriously? Go ahead and nit pick. I stand to my statement and you're entitled to your opinion.

I was a highschool sophmore in 2003, yes I went on 4chan, yes I heard about Anon. No i'm not a hacker nor do I claim to be. Yes I know script kiddies that follow this false illusion of power.

Bottom line is, I believe that they will not do anything. If they do I will concede to your notions but as of now they are a joke to me.

Besides, everyone here gets it. You made a post with a poll with only one correct answer in your mind and were prepared to fight to the very end defending that answer in the poll. The only thing we can do is wait and see.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Lol seriously? Go ahead and nit pick. I stand to my statement and you're entitled to your opinion.

I was a highschool sophmore in 2003, yes I went on 4chan, yes I heard about Anon. No i'm not a hacker nor do I claim to be. Yes I know script kiddies that follow this false illusion of power.

Bottom line is, I believe that they will not do anything. If they do I will concede to your notions but as of now they are a joke to me.

Besides, everyone here gets it. You made a post with a poll with only one correct answer in your mind and were prepared to fight to the very end defending that answer in the poll. The only thing we can do is wait and see.

The poll had no correct answer and peeps think they will be a no show. based on current results.

-t

Endthefednow
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
yup, I think Anonymous will be a no show.

presence
08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Maybe it would be cool if...

anon etal hacked the "13 giant LED screens" on stage at the RNC and played RP2012 ads!

...of course I don't think they should, I don't urge them to do so, Its probably illegal and I advise against it.

but maybe it would be cool.

:)

presence

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Maybe it would be cool if...

anon etal hacked the "13 giant LED screens" on stage at the RNC and played RP2012 ads!

...of course I don't think they should, I don't urge them to do so, Its probably illegal and I advise against it.

but maybe it would be cool.

:)

presence

Yeah - that would be pretty awesome to see! lol!

-t

Elwar
08-29-2012, 02:58 PM
News already showed a few anon folks on Monday and that was about it.

The police outnumber the protesters about 10 to 1 outside of the convention.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 03:07 PM
News already showed a few anon folks on Monday and that was about it.

The police outnumber the protesters about 10 to 1 outside of the convention.

ODD - considering that they showed up in mass last time.

Maybe they just renditioned most of um or dropped their bodies down a mine shaft...

:(

It's not like the administration is any stranger to genocide or domestic assassination.

-t

libertygrl
08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
What do you mean by "trusted"? They certainly sympathize with our movement, and based on the use of vocabulary specific to their movement and images showing up here on a regular basis - I can guarantee that there is a good degree of overlap between our organizations as to "membership".

Again, anyone can join Anonymous by simply deciding to be a member and saying they represent the organization. I can guarantee there is overlap between Anonymous and OWS - so what's the difference?

-t

I don't know about this.... if they are legit, why are they putting these illegal instructions on the internet for all to see? Is it possibly because they want some Paul supporters to buy into it and then get in trouble, thus bringing negative media on Ron Paul & the liberty movement??? Just asking...

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know about this.... if they are legit, why are they putting these illegal instructions on the internet for all to see? Is it possibly because they want some Paul supporters to buy into it and then get in trouble, thus bringing negative media on Ron Paul & the liberty movement??? Just asking...

Would not surprise me at all. But look at the last RNC convention - they showed up!

And some were indefinitely "detained" because of it! (before the event)

-t