PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in Amerika: CO-Cops shoots family dog chasing after suspect already in custody.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry to draw your attention away from all the bright shiny things in Tampa there, Boobus.

Police shoot, kill dog while chasing suspect

Posted on: 7:00 pm, August 28, 2012, by Tammy Vigil

http://kdvr.com/2012/08/28/police-shoot-kill-dog-while-chasing-suspect/

THORNTON, Colo. — A Thornton police officer shoots and kills a family’s dog he claims threatened him Sunday.

But the dog’s family and neighbors dispute that.

They say the American bulldog-mix never even left their front yard.

Police were in the neighborhood chasing after a man wanted on a misdemeanor drug charge.

The man, Phillip Armstrong-Bowen, was already under arrest when the officer shot the animal.

“He was on my screen saver,” says Vivian Girone, of 8-year-old Scar.

Girone like any proud grandma shows off photos of the dog–in the car, snuggling with dad and out-cold on the couch.

“He was almost human,” says Girone.

But her last memory of him brings her to tears.

“He was bleeding profusely. And he fell in. I dragged him in. I covered his head and I loved on him. He was so hurt,” says Girone.

A Thornton police officer shot scar once in the face.

The department says in a news release: “….a large pit bull started to run toward the officers from a nearby residence. The dog charged one of the officers and began to leap at one of the officers. To protect himself from the attack as the dog’s mouth was open while charging, the officer fired one round and struck the animal.”

“He wasn’t running, he wasn’t growling, he wasn’t barking. He was not lunging,” says a witness who saw the shooting.

But neighbors and family say the dog didn’t threaten anyone–didn’t even leave the front yard.

“He just saw that dog, didn’t even look twice, went boom,” says the witness who didn’t want to be identified.

“I had him since he was a puppy. I raised him. He was the most lovable dog you could ever imagine. He learned to play football. He made touchdowns. He just wouldn’t return the ball back,” says John Lara, the dog’s owner.

“I don’t know what we’re going to do without him. He was just one of us, you know,” says Girone.

But still they wonder why their buddy had to die on his home turf by a man they say is supposed to protect and serve.

“I really want justice just for him. He had no fault in that at all. None,” says Girone.

The family rushed Scar to the veterinarian and paid $1,000 to save his life. But he died anyway.

They say they would have been more understanding of the situation, if the officer had even apologized.

TheTexan
08-29-2012, 12:36 AM
No video didn't happen

susano
08-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Dog murder stories seem to be coming about two per week, now.

AF, do you have a file that you've kept these all in? I'd like to see you put up a Wordpress just listing all of these with the articles.

moostraks
08-29-2012, 06:26 AM
They say they would have been more understanding of the situation, if the officer had even apologized.

Why does every article have some pathetic response included like this? Oh thank you great overlords we will forgive your most heinous acts as long as you will but apologize. Screw that!

I am really growing disgusted with these alpha male society we live in....

kathy88
08-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Why don't people wake up to the nightmare that our country has become?

tod evans
08-29-2012, 06:46 AM

Until "they" are knocking down Joe Citizens door, Joe is content to ignore reality.

I've looked for years for a face to put on "them"...

A man can't fight "them".....

Early in our countries history "they" wore red-coats and were easy targets, now "they" hide in plain sight.

Most of us have desired results we'd like to see what we don't have is a face for the opposition.

Simple statement like"cops", "LEO", "banksters" or "establishment" are way to big to focus on effectively........By design I fear.:(

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 06:52 AM

That is just it kathy. People want to awaken from a nightmare not into one. Reality is a brutal and scary frame of mind.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Dog murder stories seem to be coming about two per week, now.

AF, do you have a file that you've kept these all in? I'd like to see you put up a Wordpress just listing all of these with the articles.

RPF member daviddee does a pretty good job at http://www.dogmurderers.com/

I know he posts a lot of the stories that I post here.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
That is just it kathy. People want to awaken from a nightmare not into one. Reality is a brutal and scary frame of mind.

You must spread some reputation...you know.

susano
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
RPF member daviddee does a pretty good job at http://www.dogmurderers.com/

I know he posts a lot of the stories that I post here.

Thank you. I was thinking that it might be a good idea for communities to call meetings with local LE, where this has not happened (yet) and head it off before it does.

jllundqu
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
My dog is a member of my family... if a police officer is coming onto my property and points a weapon at my family, he will be greeted accordingly in accordance with the 2nd amendment. They can take my a$$ to jail, but they aint taking my dog.

*Disclaimer to DHS - The aforementioned reference to the 2nd amendment is simply a metaphor, and I would never defend my family and shoot an unlawful police officer on my property who was attempting to murder my family pet, nor would I condone such acts by others. :D

youngbuck
08-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Why does every article have some pathetic response included like this? Oh thank you great overlords we will forgive your most heinous acts as long as you will but apologize. Screw that!

I've noticed the same thing, and it pisses me off. Like an apology is going to help at all after your dog gets shot in the face for no reason. Completely stupid.

susano
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Totally agree about these assholes who think an apology can fix MURDER.

pcosmar
08-29-2012, 01:55 PM

Excuse me,, but that is not an Alpha Male. That is a gelding with a gun.

Nirvikalpa
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
They say the American bulldog-mix never even left their front yard.

The department says in a news release: “….a large pit bull started to run toward the officers from a nearby residence. The dog charged one of the officers and began to leap at one of the officers. To protect himself from the attack as the dog’s mouth was open while charging, the officer fired one round and struck the animal.”

:rolleyes: Oh yeah, no bias according to MSM at all.

tod evans
08-29-2012, 02:02 PM

10 pts.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 02:04 PM

Quite right.

An "alpha male" society would in no way resemble what we have now.

In fact, it would be a polar opposite.

What we are suffering under now is the maternalistic "nanny state" with rules, regulations and laws hemming us in on all sides, all for our "safety".

That fact that wolves (or "geldings with guns") find us easy targets is just a symptom of how far down that road to compliance and subservience we have gone.

This is, in no way, a "man's world" anymore.

presence
08-29-2012, 02:18 PM

I had no idea castration was part of becoming a cop. That explains so much.