PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Delegates!

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I just want to say thank you to the Ron Paul delegates there in Tampa today. My brother and I were watching the roll call and cheering you on. There were so many of you that didn't sell out or cave in! I was impressed. Even when you were the only one in your state's delegation, and we all know there must have been tremendous pressure and arm-twisting and threats and everything else thrown at you.

You stood strong.

You made us proud.

Nevada, way to stand up and use your time to tell the story of how Ron Paul was, in fact, nominated. No fear at all. Right on. I was almost expecting you to then make a motion of some kind such as "in the spirit of liberty, Madame Chairman, we move that you acknowledge the existence of this nomination and allow Congressman Paul to speak!", but that's OK, they would have just ignored it, pretend nothing had happened, and continued on. "Nevada: 5 for Romney. Next..." Terrific, terrific job.

And thank you, Maine, for not caving in, for not making a back room deal. We're all behind you. Your integrity allowed the whole world to see a light shone on the corruption of the RNC.

Thank you, Hawaii, for the lei and for respectfully calling him "Congressman Ron Paul" in the roll call.

Thank you, Virgin Islands, for signing the nominating petition out of respect for the opinions of your one Ron Paul-supporting delegate. Even though all but one of you were for Romney, you still were willing to stand up for that one and his rights, and also for the idea that there should at least be a choice, and that those of us supporting Ron Paul should not be completely disenfranchised and disrespected. Thanks.

And there were so many states that I had no idea we'd get any delegates from. North Carolina? Where did that come from? And Wisconsin! How did you sneak in there, Paul supporter?

There was one state where we did have a lot of supporters and you all caved. Every one of you! Sorry, but in my opinion: BOO! Shame on you. You know who you are. To me, that's a betrayal of all the good people (like speciallyblend) who worked hard to send you there. They did not send you there to "abstain" like cowards, but to vote for Ron Paul like men! So Colorado delegates, sorry, but you caved in (it appears one of you even out-and-out voted for Romney) and so you get no thanks, only ashes.

Massachusetts, I might be disappointed in you guys too, but I don't know the whole story there, so if you signed a pledge or whatever I understand keeping your word. Or maybe you were all kicked out like they were trying to do.

In any case, if Colorado had not wimped out, there would have been a majority of states, 26, giving Ron Paul at least one delegate. As it is, we got exactly half, 25, plus the Virgin Islands which for their heroism should be considered an honorary state for the day anyway. So a very impressive showing, guys. We loved the cheers, we loved the chants, you did us proud.

Thanks.

Here's the Hall of Fame (and remember there were many alternates, too):

Alaska (9)
Arizona (3)
Georgia (3)
Hawaii (3)
Iowa (22)
Louisiana (12)
Maine (10)
Michigan (4)
Minnesota (33)
Missouri (4)
Nevada (17)
New Hampshire (3)
North Carolina (7)
North Dakota (5)
Oklahoma (6)
Oregon (4)
Pennsylvania (5)
Rhode Island (4)
South Carolina (1)
Texas (20)
Vermont (4)
Virginia (3)
Virgin Islands (1)
Washington (5)
Wisconsin (1)
Wyoming (1)

A round of applause for you all.

MozoVote
08-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Colorado's delegates were back stabbed by their chairman. I'm sure they voted RP and their votes were simply not announced. That is what Senator Burr did to the North Carolina RP delegation in 2008.

phill4paul
08-28-2012, 07:28 PM
http://cdn.chud.com/a/aa/aa669c35_reverse-1233928590_citizen20kane20clapping.gif

sailingaway
08-28-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.myexpression.com/ProdImages/IHMEDIUM/22685.jpg

You were great.

I only wish we had more of you - each of you were like 10 of them!

sailingaway
08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Why did we only get 12 from LA, not 17?

nobody's_hero
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes. You all fought. Delegates should be proud.

I recall at state convention a veteran and delegate who stormed out of the building in Columbus, Georgia, nearly to tears in his eyes, after the statist-slate passed.

I was standing outside smoking a cigarette (because there wasn't much else to do as an alternate after the votes were counted) and I stopped him to shake his hand. I looked him in the eyes and told him, "I'm not letting you leave here without shaking your hand. You weren't just fighting for yourself in there."

I'd be shocked if he sticks with politics, though, I'd be honored to fight by his side if he does. No one who served overseas should have to come back home to a 'free country' and be expected to deal with this BULLSHIT.

twomp
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
HERE HERE!!! Thank you delegates!!

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/audience.gif

rockandrollsouls
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Good thread.

muzzled dogg
08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
and for the delegates voted for romney?

deadfish
08-28-2012, 07:40 PM
These brave souls have secured the beachhead for reinforcements.

Thank you delegates and everyone that worked so hard!

AdamT
08-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I just want to say thank you to the Ron Paul delegates there in Tampa today. My brother and I were watching the roll call and cheering you on. There were so many of you that didn't sell out or cave in! I was impressed. Even when you were the only one in your state's delegation, and we all know there must have been tremendous pressure and arm-twisting and threats and everything else thrown at you.

You stood strong.

You made us proud.

Nevada, way to stand up and use your time to tell the story of how Ron Paul was, in fact, nominated. No fear at all. Right on. I was almost expecting you to then make a motion of some kind such as "in the spirit of liberty, Madame Chairman, we move that you acknowledge the existence of this nomination and allow Congressman Paul to speak!", but that's OK, they would have just ignored it, pretend nothing had happened, and continued on. "Nevada: 5 for Romney. Next..." Terrific, terrific job.

And thank you, Maine, for not caving in, for not making a back room deal. We're all behind you. Your integrity allowed the whole world to see a light shone on the corruption of the RNC.

Thank you, Hawaii, for the lei and for respectfully calling him "Congressman Ron Paul" in the roll call.

Thank you, Virgin Islands, for signing the nominating petition out of respect for the opinions of your one Ron Paul-supporting delegate. Even though all but one of you were for Romney, you still were willing to stand up for that one and his rights, and also for the idea that there should at least be a choice, and that those of us supporting Ron Paul should not be completely disenfranchised and disrespected. Thanks.

And there were so many states that I had no idea we'd get any delegates from. North Carolina? Where did that come from? And Wisconsin! How did you sneak in there, Paul supporter?

There was one state where we did have a lot of supporters and you all caved. Every one of you! Sorry, but in my opinion: BOO! Shame on you. You know who you are. To me, that's a betrayal of all the good people (like speciallyblend) who worked hard to send you there. They did not send you there to "abstain" like cowards, but to vote for Ron Paul like men! So Colorado delegates, sorry, but you caved in (it appears one of you even out-and-out voted for Romney) and so you get no thanks, only ashes.

Massachusetts, I might be disappointed in you guys too, but I don't know the whole story there, so if you signed a pledge or whatever I understand keeping your word. Or maybe you were all kicked out like they were trying to do.

In any case, if Colorado had not wimped out, there would have been a majority of states, 26, giving Ron Paul at least one delegate. As it is, we got exactly half, 25, plus the Virgin Islands which for their heroism should be considered an honorary state for the day anyway. So a very impressive showing, guys. We loved the cheers, we loved the chants, you did us proud.

Thanks.

Alaska (9)
Arizona (3)
Georgia (3)
Hawaii (3)
Iowa (22)
Louisiana (12)
Maine (10)
Michigan (4)
Minnesota (33)
Missouri (4)
Nevada (17)
New Hampshire (3)
North Carolina (7)
North Dakota (5)
Oklahoma (6)
Oregon (4)
Pennsylvania (5)
Rhode Island (4)
South Carolina (1)
Texas (20)
Vermont (4)
Virginia (3)
Virgin Islands (1)
Washington (5)
Wisconsin (1)
Wyoming (1)

Fuk yeah.

mad cow
08-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Here Here,Thank all of you very much for all of your efforts and sacrifices,they are much appreciated.

nobody's_hero
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM
and for the delegates voted for romney?

You mean our "Romney" delegates or the Romney-OMG-I-Srsly-Love-this-Neocon real Romney supporter delegates?

I wouldn't be too hard on any Paul delegates who had to vote for Romney under penalty of law. It's a rigged game, and that's the GOP's fault, not our delegates who know who should be the nominee.

So if you set out in this to vote for Ron Paul and you had to cast your vote for Romney, I'm not even going to pretend how disgusting that must have felt and you deserve *two* beers for your efforts.

If you're talking about the real Romney delegates who support Romney passionately, all I have to say is, 'may their chains rest lightly upon them.'

afwjam
08-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes! Thank you!

mport1
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd especially like to thank this guy who yelled "F**k you tyrants!" at the RNC chair - http://bit.ly/TrcoDa

Bruno
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
+ rep, OP! Great post

Drex
08-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Nebraska had TWO Ron Paul delegates.. they were not reported!

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/TwoAf Start at 3:40:05.. you have to watch a little of Montana,,, CLEARLY says 35 delegates.. only reports 33!

Indy Vidual
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I just want to say thank you to the Ron Paul delegates there in Tampa today...

..Nevada, way to stand up and use your time to tell the story of how Ron Paul was, in fact, nominated....

..A round of applause for you all.

Yes!

Dogsoldier
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I was a delegate for missouri.I'm thinking that next time around I honestly don't think that they will run anyone in the Republican party that I would support.This may be my first and last time as a delegate for the Rep party.Kinda sad...

TheTyke
08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
I had tears watching it. I've followed your efforts all along the way... and have a glimmer of an idea what you went through to get there. You represented US, and made your voices heard for the freedom of millions of individuals. I can't thank you all enough.

And God willing, I mean to see to it that Kentucky is there at your side next time.

devil21
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Thank you all!

I have no doubt some of ours were screwed over in various ways on the floor and I won't accuse anyone of caving since I don't know. This has been the most contested convention in a long time. Keep going. Next conventions will elect state chairs and committees.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
God bless all of these people. What they did was truly, truly, incredible.

Lucille
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, thank you!

http://thebonearchitect.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/applause2ul7.gif

A special shout-out to MN for the 33 votes for RP! And Marianne Stebbins' statement on how they value an honest process was so great.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy."
--Ron Paul

liberty2897
08-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Huge thanks to all those who served as delegates in the fight for liberty!!!!!!!

Special thanks to the delegate from from Nevada for telling it like it is today!

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/ron-paul-supporters-rebel-convention-floor-fuck-you-tyrants

TCE
08-28-2012, 08:12 PM
You guys all deserve pats on the back. Great job.

MarcusI
08-28-2012, 08:18 PM
And despite all of the shenanigans it was the worst result for a GOP nominee at a RNC since 1976 (Frontloading HQ said so)!!

jkr
08-28-2012, 08:20 PM
I thank you!

Badger Paul
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes indeed thank you for standing tall and not letting them push us around like they did in St. Paul. You've done your jobs, now you can head home.

JorgeStevenson
08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Big thank you to the delegates...seeing you guys stand up as voices of reason in a sea of idiocy lights a fire in all of us.

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I was a delegate for missouri.I'm thinking that next time around I honestly don't think that they will run anyone in the Republican party that I would support.This may be my first and last time as a delegate for the Rep party.Kinda sad... So you were one of the 4? Before Missouri, I was guessing we might not get any, having gotten bulldozed at the state convention, so it was a pleasant surprise. Dogsoldier, we salute you! Thank you for representing us!

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Colorado's delegates were back stabbed by their chairman. I'm sure they voted RP and their votes were simply not announced. That is what Senator Burr did to the North Carolina RP delegation in 2008. Well the thread was supposed to be predominantly about thanks anyway, not condemnation, I was just calling it how I felt, with no information other than what I saw on TV. So I would certainly be open to amending my views if it turns out they didn't really cave. And that would be great news.

Also, can we get any confirmation on Nebraska? I'd like to add them to the honor roll if they really were Nebraska Ron Paul Delegates who voted for Ron Paul and just happened to have a corrupt state chairman.

Carlybee
08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you. If I could throw you all a party I would. Our hearts are heavy, but you all carried the heaviest load.

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7pRH9_lb4

Freedom's Coming Home, men. It'll happen. Just never surrender. Even disgusted resignation is a form of consent. We will not give them any consent! And we didn't today!!

Oh, and Ron Paul got more votes in South Carolina than Newt Gingrich. Take that, Newt!

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 10:31 PM
I wish there was a video of "for those who just rocked out we salute you", but there isn't, so you'll just have to change the lyrics to this in your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trVcO02nwAE

For those who dared stand up: We salute you!
For those atop their chairs: We salute you!
For calling tyrants spades: We salute you!
For doing what was right: Weeeeeeeeee saluuuuuuuuute YOU!

Origanalist
08-28-2012, 10:34 PM

You stood strong.

You made us proud.

Thanks.

Alaska (9)
Arizona (3)
Georgia (3)
Hawaii (3)
Iowa (22)
Louisiana (12)
Maine (10)
Michigan (4)
Minnesota (33)
Missouri (4)
Nevada (17)
New Hampshire (3)
North Carolina (7)
North Dakota (5)
Oklahoma (6)
Oregon (4)
Pennsylvania (5)
Rhode Island (4)
South Carolina (1)
Texas (20)
Vermont (4)
Virginia (3)
Virgin Islands (1)
Washington (5)
Wisconsin (1)
Wyoming (1)

This bears repeating, and +rep to the OP for saying what needed to be said.

THANK YOU DELEGATES!

helmuth_hubener
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Ron Paul would like to say thank you, too:

Dear Friend,

I can't tell you how touched I've been by my supporters' generosity from day one of my Presidential campaign.

Your support has made an incredible impact that will continue on well into the future. In fact, as I look back at the past year, I'm literally amazed at how far we've come.

Today, we can catch a glimpse of our future - and it's a bright one.

Due to our Liberty Movement's youth, energy, and growing numbers, establishment Republicans are recognizing their days of controlling the national GOP are coming to an end. Even now, they are being forced to recognize that our issues - like finally auditing the Federal Reserve - are not going away.

My hope is, with your continued support, it will not end until free markets, sound money, constitutional principles, respect for individual liberty, and a common-sense foreign policy are all restored in America.

For your generosity and all that you'll continue to do in the name of liberty, thank you.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

ClydeCoulter
08-29-2012, 11:35 AM
:D THANK YOU :D

You made us proud

No1butPaul
08-29-2012, 11:37 AM
RON PAUL'S THANK-YOU LETTER (from Daily Paul):

Dear Friend,

I can't tell you how touched I've been by my supporters' generosity from day one of my Presidential campaign.

Your support has made an incredible impact that will continue on well into the future. In fact, as I look back at the past year, I'm literally amazed at how far we've come.

Today, we can catch a glimpse of our future - and it's a bright one.

Due to our Liberty Movement's youth, energy, and growing numbers, establishment Republicans are recognizing their days of controlling the national GOP are coming to an end. Even now, they are being forced to recognize that our issues - like finally auditing the Federal Reserve - are not going away.

My hope is, with your continued support, it will not end until free markets, sound money, constitutional principles, respect for individual liberty, and a common-sense foreign policy are all restored in America.

For your generosity and all that you'll continue to do in the name of liberty, thank you.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Appalachia
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Great job delegates, you guys are true patriots!

Aratus
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
TRUE GRIT IS TRUE GRIT