PDA

View Full Version : The Oakland County GOP Royally Screwed Me (Contact MIGOP if Delegate!)

EBounding
08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Well, despite being properly elected and nominated by incumbent delegates at the County Convention, I am not a delegate to the State Convention because the County party is grossly incompetent. If you're a delegate/alternate, CONTACT THE STATE PARTY TO CONFIRM YOUR SPOT!:

State GOP: 517-487-5413 gkoutsoubos@migop.org (Gary Koutsoubos)

I contacted the MI-GOP to confirm (again) that I was a delegate to the state convention. He said he didn't see my name. So I contacted the Oakland County party. They said I was not on the list they sent to the state party. They said I probably didn't verify my credentials. I told them I absolutely did and if they have the list that was certified. Sure enough, my name was on that list. However, it's apparently too late to make any changes since it was already sent to the state party. They mentioned that they noticed they were missing a delegate (me!), but instead of finding the name, they just elevated the first name on the alternate list.

I'm furious. I spent a lot of time knocking on doors and talking to people just to get elected. I compiled a pretty good list of voters by doing this too. I was also there until 11:30pm just to verify my name was on their official list. Apparently that list doesn't matter. It's what they key into Excel that matters and nothing can be changed supposedly once they send that list to the party.

The guy I was talking to was giving excuses that they were pressed for time since it was due before 5pm the next day. That's plenty of time to make sure your list of 51 people in Excel is correct! And why doesn't the state party want to see the originals as back-up? It makes no sense. The Republican Party really does need to be audited from top to bottom!

I'm really really mad. I'm hoping something can be done and I'm going to call the county again tomorrow to see if anything changed (doubtful). If not, I want to know who's responsible. I'm hoping I can have a hand in getting heads to roll when the county's executive committee is elected in November. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going to this one, but I might since I already booked a room ( :mad: ).

But anyway, make sure to verify with the state party!

Thanks for reading my vent.