PDA

View Full Version : Sending a message to the RNC/GOP

tangent4ronpaul
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Any of our people in Tampa want to track down some camera crew and burn your REPUBLICAN voter registration cards on national TV?

I think that would get our displeasure across.

-t

LibertyEagle
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Any of our people in Tampa want to track down some camera crew and burn your REPUBLICAN voter registration cards on national TV?

-t

That is what they want, Tangent.

acptulsa
08-28-2012, 04:47 PM
That is what they want, Tangent.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

There comes a time when you just have to say that the few people they have left in their camp aren't numerous enough to pander to. And the G.O.P. is getting to that point. Fast.

Tyler_Durden
I'd rather see several 4 Star Generals initiate a coup d' etat.....

Richie
I have to agree with LibertyEagle. The last thing they want is for us to stay in the Republican Party. Therefore, that is exactly what we must do.

MelissaCato
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd rather see several 4 Star Generals initiate a coup d' etat..... I agree - turn up the heat in hell !!!

tangent4ronpaul
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I have to agree with LibertyEagle. The last thing they want is for us to stay in the Republican Party. Therefore, that is exactly what we must do.

I didn't say anything about leaving the Republican party. This is purely symbolic.

-t

Smitty
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
They don't want the liberty movement to leave the GOP.

That's ridiculous.

They want us to submit to the mainstream.

Rand Paul will be encouraging us to submit to the mainstream in his convention speech.

mport1
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM

-t

Man, that would be awesome.

1836er
08-28-2012, 04:58 PM

Absolutely, as futile as it must seem...we must continue to take over the beast from the inside out. As disappointing as today was look how much of the party as voting delegates INSIDE the convention center was us compared to last time. We take over the party from the bottom up just as we've begun doing in States like Iowa... and we become much, much harder to stop.

kathy88
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
If we're after symbolism how about 20 guys standing around a Romney banner pissing on it?

jointhefightforfreedom
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM

-t

The Delegates need to do this for sure ! along with anyone who wants to join in!!!

WE NEED TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO THE WORLD

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2012, 07:13 AM
// This and there was a thread about chanting and a very public walk out that got moved to HT...

-t

TruckinMike
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Appearance is everything --- Burning a voter registration card is akin to burning draft cards (not that I agree with forced servitude) but its the image that is portrayed. A better solution would be creating something that a constitutionalist/tea party type could sink their teeth into. Something that portrays the RNC as communist/dictators promoting "Soviet Rule" would be much better. Especially since the "Tea Party Nation" as already gone there (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387888-Tea-Party-Leader-Compares-GOP-To-Old-Communist-Party-of-Soviet-Union).

anewvoice
08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
My message to the GOP - Good luck with that.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
I think that's a bad idea. No need to burn bridges, the GOP is one of the ways our people will be pushing liberty going forward. Burning cards is too inflamatory to the GOP who DON'T know what happened, we will be spun as poor losers, to those who have no clue how blatantly the RNC cheated.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Appearance is everything --- Burning a voter registration card is akin to burning draft cards (not that I agree with forced servitude) but its the image that is portrayed. A better solution would be creating something that a constitutionalist/tea party type could sink their teeth into. Something that portrays the RNC as communist/dictators promoting "Soviet Rule" would be much better. Especially since the "Tea Party Nation" as already gone there (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387888-Tea-Party-Leader-Compares-GOP-To-Old-Communist-Party-of-Soviet-Union).

I would really not want to get caught up with those behind Tea Party Nation. That having been said I agree this is very Soviet and that that might be the better analogy to draw.

FriedChicken
08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Its good for us to keep in mind that we're probably only 1% of gop voters who even know what happened.