PDA

View Full Version : I Will Not Vote for Mitt Romney. Pledge.

1stAmendguy
08-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Regardless of who you decide to vote for in November or not vote at all, how many public pledges can we get to NOT vote for the GOP nominee Mitt Romney?

Sign your name here.

(Discuss)

08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Johnson for me as long as Romney's lawyers don't get Johnson removed from the PA ballot.

acptulsa
When it snows in Oklahoma in August, I might vote for Mitt Romney. I just might.

But I doubt it. Until then, no @#$%ing way.

jkr
Jason Rupert

Cshelton21
I here by Pledge my Vote for Gary Johnson

DGambler
How many public pledges can we get not to vote for the GOP nominee Mitt Romney in November?

Add your name here.

Signed, writing in Ron

jonhowe
Pledged.

Gary Johnson, but I'll clearly be saying "Ron Paul".

VBRonPaulFan
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
i'll never vote for that slimeball, i promised myself as soon as i found out he was running this year i'd never vote for him. he's even worse than Obama is.

Mini-Me
08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney if he promised me his entire estate upon his death...unless he also promised to croak before January, that is, and I had some way of verifying his promises.

Mister Grieves
08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Aye

jointhefightforfreedom
08-28-2012, 04:41 PM
How many public pledges can we get not to vote for the GOP nominee Mitt Romney in November?

Add your name here.

Should Change Not to NEVER!!!!!

Romney is an elitist Prick would will do nothing but Pander and promote Big Business and fascism at the expense of EVERY AMERICAN !

Read MY LIPS

FUCK YOU ROMNEY !!!!!!!!

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I voted for undecided because what if Ron ends up being the mystery speaker on Thursday and things change drastically? I'll wait until Friday...

Warmon
08-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Romney can kiss my ass. F@#k him and everybody that looks like him.

DrHendricks
I pledge to not vote for the petty tyrant Mitt Romney. A vote for the status quo will not suffice this election.

cajuncocoa
I hereby pledge that I will not vote for Mitt Romney.
I hereby pledge that I will not vote for Barack Obama.

Ron Paul or no one.

devil21
Rather the results weren't public but whatever.

No1butPaul
NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!

randpaul2016
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
NO1BUTPAUL

LibertyEagle
No way will I vote for that lying, cheating, treasonous scumbait Romney.

Writing in "Ron Paul"

QuickZ06
////

Tyler_Durden
A lot of tom fuckerys happening today. I like how the poll results show NoOneButPaul voted as "undecided"

mport1
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I will be writing in "1st choice - Abolish the office, 2nd choice - Ron Paul" like I did in 2008.

No1butPaul
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I voted for undecided because what if Ron ends up being the mystery speaker on Thursday and things change drastically? I'll wait until Friday...

LOL - he won't be the mystery speaker. Even so, and even if he called me personally, there would be NO WAY IN HELL I would vote for that cheating crook and his cheating party. The best part, besides Nevada, is when Minnesota prided themselves on FAIR elections - the rest has been a complete scam.

seyferjm
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Not a chance.

Carlybee
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Never planned to in the first place

phill4paul
08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Won't vote for Rmoney or Obamney. Each are losing the median.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
LOL - he won't be the mystery speaker. Even so, and even if he called me personally, there would be NO WAY IN HELL I would vote for that cheating crook and his cheating party. The best part, besides Nevada, is when Minnesota prided themselves on FAIR elections - the rest has been a complete scam.

What if Ron comes out on Thursday and tells us he's going to be the next Secretary of the Treasury or the next Fed Chairman and that he'll work towards restoring a gold standard?

I'm just saying i'll wait until they've officially stuck the knife into his back before I say never.

There's nothing wrong with taking the week to think about it, Ron COULD be that mystery speaker and the entire game could be changed in ways not imagined.

Then all of the sudden i'm not the only one thinking about it, guaranteed.

Liberty74
08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm voting for real change...

Gary Johnson 2012!

NoPants
08-28-2012, 04:51 PM
I may have considered Romney before all the convention shenanigans but now, absolutely not. I'm choosing not to vote for Romney, but I'm also saying that I'm not voting for a Republican party that treats their members with such disrespect. Complete disregard for their own rules, cheating, lying and every dirty trick to disenfranchise loyal supporters of their ability to choose who to support. I'm still going to try and change the Republican party from the inside, but won't vote for any of their insider "chosen" candidates including Romney. My vote will go to Gary Johnson.

ronpaulfollower999
What if Ron comes out on Thursday and tells us he's going to be the next Secretary of the Treasury or the next Fed Chairman and that he'll work towards restoring a gold standard?

I'm just saying i'll wait until they've officially stuck the knife into his back before I say never.

That would NEVER happen. I'd bet my mom's left boob on that.

michaelwise
After snubbing Ron Paul at the Republican Clusterfuck National Convention by not reading Ron Paul's votes at the podium, I am definitely directly voting for Barack Obama in November.

Good luck on your next 4 years President Obama, you'll need it.

thatpeculiarcat
Undecided - 1 - "NoOneButPaul"

That is fucking ironic.

phill4paul
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Undecided - 1 - "NoOneButPaul"

That is fucking ironic.

No shit. LOL.

sluggo
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Romney?

Why would I throw away my vote on a candidate who isn't going to win the general?

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
That would NEVER happen. I'd bet my mom's left boob on that.

What's going on here is everyone is rightfully pissed off based on how we got screwed today but if Ron is speaking Thursday and if there is some sort of plan for him to have an intrical role in the Presidency, like restoring the gold standard, then yes I could consider voting for Romney still.

I'm just saying that until the convention is over NONE OF YOU know what you're actually voting for when you vote for Romney. He's just one guy, and if Ron Paul is going to have a prominent role in his Presidency then i'm sure everyone here would still give it a second thought.

Everyone is understandably being reactionary right now but who knows if Ron's actually out of this picture yet.

ChristianAnarchist
08-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Simplest pledge I've ever made... HELL NO !!!

mport1
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm just saying that until the convention is over NONE OF YOU know what you're actually voting for when you vote for Romney. He's just one guy, and if Ron Paul is going to have a prominent role in his Presidency then i'm sure everyone here would still give it a second thought.

No, everyone here would not give Romney a second thought. I would never vote for Romney, even if he chose Ron Paul as his VP.

Carlybee
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
You forgot to put the Will vote for Romney option. I would like to see it in comparison to the last poll done where quite a few here said they would vote for him.

muzzled dogg
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
will not vote for mitt

DRFilms1
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
No way in hell would I vote for Mitt & Paul R.

Carlybee
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
What's going on here is everyone is rightfully pissed off based on how we got screwed today but if Ron is speaking Thursday and if there is some sort of plan for him to have an intrical role in the Presidency, like restoring the gold standard, then yes I could consider voting for Romney still.

Everyone is understandably being reactionary right now but who knows if Ron's actually out of this picture yet.

He's not going to have a prominent role in a Romney presidency. Good Lord..wake up. They have done everything but throw sand in his face.

kathy88
Will not vote for Mitt.

NoOneButPaul
No, everyone here would not give Romney a second thought. I would never vote for Romney, even if he chose Ron Paul as his VP.

But if Ron Paul was his VP some people would have given it some thought. Maybe not you, but enough people would have at least thought about it.

I'm going to wait and see if Ron isn't the mystery speaker and there's not more to this yet before I swear i'd NEVER do something.

I'm about 99% sure i'm going to write Ron in, but if the game changes this Thursday and Ron's now apart of Romney's ticket in a significant way then of course i'm going to think about it.

What rational person wouldn't want Ron at the top of the Treasury or Fed?

Anti Federalist
It's a shame the RNC seems to be so hard of hearing...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvjo24RVj61qcpgr3o1_500.gif

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!

seyferjm
08-28-2012, 04:58 PM

This seems almost impossible to believe given the fact that Romney's economic advisors are Keynesians/neo-kenesians that are pro-fed

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 04:58 PM
He's not going to have a prominent role in a Romney presidency. Good Lord..wake up. They have done everything but throw sand in his face.

Never said it's likely, but to declare here on Monday that i'll never vote for Romney, only to find out Thursday they did give Ron a speaking slot AND he's going to have a prominent role in the presidency then i'd certainly feel stupid dealing in absolutes today.

Cshelton21
08-28-2012, 04:59 PM

You have got to be kidding. You know better than that.

They have done everything.

everything!!!!!!

to keep us out. to hide our idea's and claim the popular ones as their own. they hide us out of view of the camera, shut the door on our delegations, steal cheat and abuse at state conventions.

AFTER ALL OF THE SHIT, how can you in your right mind be undecided.

LibertyEagle
08-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Dude. There really is no way. The surprise speech is probably by someone like Bush.

If they were going to let Ron Paul speak, there would have been no reason to throw out so many of our delegates and deny his nomination, even though we ended up with 6 states.

Give it up.

opal
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM

this

Sematary
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Nobp

phill4paul
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Waazup?

Unless it is someone other than Paul. Bwahahaha!

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Dude. There really is no way. The surprise speech is probably by someone like Bush.

If they were going to let Ron Paul speak, there would have been no reason to throw out so many of our delegates and deny his nomination, even though we ended up with 6 states.

Give it up.

I guess the point i'm trying to make, in the spirit of Ron, is you shouldn't deal in absolutes like this when the convention isn't even over.

NewFederalist
08-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I just don't know what to do. Rand likes Romney.

Shane Harris
08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Definitely. Johnson will be my most likely choice. And if a gun was to my head for Obama or Romney, I choose Obama for pragmatic reasons listed all over this Forum.

Cshelton21
08-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I guess the point i'm trying to make, in the spirit of Ron, is you shouldn't deal in absolutes like this when the convention isn't even over.

This is not a matter of absolution's. Ron Paul doesn't just protest against bills that include increased spending, he see's that that they are wrong and pledges against them. This was the GOP's last opportunity to include us. We didn't ask for Ron to be handed the nomination on a silver platter. but at least include us in the process, they failed miserably.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 05:10 PM
And i'll gladly play Dr. No on this poll because you guys are doing exactly what the doctor wouldn't want you to and that's working in absolutes.

The convention isn't over, we have no idea what role Ron Paul could still play or if he is actually speaking on Thursday and what could come of that.

Do I find any of that likely? No, not at all.

But there's no reason not to hope, and there's no reason to give up just quite yet.

I've been dealing with you people for months telling me Ron could still win at the convention and i've been the pessimistic one, and now here we are with 3 days to go and you guys are going to work in this absolutism because the vote didn't go the way you wanted today? You guys are going to tell me to lose hope now? Are you kidding me? You guys are seriously going to lose hope now? Really? YOU GUYS NEVER LOST HOPE!

I'm going to hope Ron speaks Thursday and the game is changed, if that happens then maybe i'll vote for Romney because I'd be looking at it like I was voting for Paul for Treasury or Fed Chief or whatever COULD happen. Is it likely? No, but i'm not going to deal in the absolutes of today because of my emotions towards what happened.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 05:11 PM
This is not a matter of absolution's. Ron Paul doesn't just protest against bills that include increased spending, he see's that that they are wrong and pledges against them. This was the GOP's last opportunity to include us. We didn't ask for Ron to be handed the nomination on a silver platter. but at least include us in the process, they failed miserably.

No it wasn't and that's the entire point i'm trying to make.

satchelmcqueen
08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
ill vote for gary johnson as a tribute to ron paul.

Carlybee
08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Never said it's likely, but to declare here on Monday that i'll never vote for Romney, only to find out Thursday they did give Ron a speaking slot AND he's going to have a prominent role in the presidency then i'd certainly feel stupid dealing in absolutes today.

They sure didn't have any problem dealing in absolutes when they totally disenfranchised the delegates today, or when they turned their mics off, or when they made sure their buses were late, or when they changed the rules at the spur of the moment. Those are all the absolutes I need to know about.

Shane Harris
08-28-2012, 05:13 PM

That's the beauty of Rand's "endorsement". He can claim to have supported the party while all of his supporters have the luxury of voting their conscience and allowoing Romney to lose and then this creates the best case scenario for Rand in 2016. He had a very difficult decision as a potential Presidential Candidate in 2016. Whether it was the same decision we would make is for us to decide, but it was without a doubt a difficult political catch-22. He did what was probably the best for his chances in the future. It did not look like something he was enthusiastic about.

seyferjm
08-28-2012, 05:14 PM
And i'll gladly play Dr. No on this poll because you guys are doing exactly what the doctor wouldn't want you to and that's working in absolutes.

The convention isn't over, we have no idea what role Ron Paul could still play or if he is actually speaking on Thursday and what could come of that.

But there's no reason not to hope, and there's no reason to give up just quite yet.

I've been dealing with you people for months telling me Ron could still win at the convention and i've been the pessimistic one, and now here we are with 3 days to go and you guys are going to work in this absolutism because the vote didn't go the way you wanted today? You guys are going to tell me to lose hope now? Are you kidding me? You guys are seriously going to lose hope now? Really? YOU GUYS NEVER LOST HOPE!

I'm going to hope Ron speaks Thursday and the game is changed, if that happens then maybe i'll vote for Romney because I'd be looking at it like I was voting for Paul for Treasury or Fed Chief or whatever COULD happen. Is it likely? No, but i'm not going to deal in the absolutes of today because of my emotions towards what happened.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-greg-mankiw-2012-8

Cshelton21
08-28-2012, 05:15 PM

I've been dealing with you people for months telling me Ron could still win at the convention and i've been the pessimistic one, and now here we are with 3 days to go and you guys are going to work in this absolutism because the vote didn't go the way you wanted today? You guys are going to tell me to lose hope now? Are you kidding me? You guys are seriously going to lose hope now? Really?

You're no Ron Paul. and pretending to be a lone voice doesn't help.

it shows you're incapable of looking at clearly presented evidence and making a ration logical decisions.

The question is not "If Ron speaks and Rand gets a cabinet position" will you vote Romney. The question is: after all the treasonous actions taken by the GOP to shut out any competition in the nominating process is their any doubt now in your mind as to what kind of presidency Romney will run.

Anti Federalist
08-28-2012, 05:15 PM

LOL - Wut?

Ron Paul is all about absolutes, black and white, words and policies have absolute meaning and ramifications.

I absolutely won't vote for that.

I absolutely won't support that.

Mini-Me
08-28-2012, 05:16 PM

Heh. If anyone thinks Rand Paul genuinely wants people to vote for Romney, they're not exactly good at reading people. ;)

Q11Q
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
I'll be writing in Ron Paul on the Principle that Liberty suffers under a Romney tyranny.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
You're no Ron Paul. and pretending to be a lone voice doesn't help.

it shows you're incapable of looking at clearly presented evidence and making a ration logical decisions.

The question is not "If Ron speaks and Rand gets a cabinet position" will you vote Romney. The question is: after all the treasonous actions taken by the GOP to shut out any competition in the nominating process is their any doubt now in your mind as to what kind of presidency Romney will run.

You mean like every person here was for the last 6 months thinking Ron could steal the nomination?

The point I keep trying to make is that a week ago I was the hopeless one and now all of the sudden you guys go from thinking Ron Paul will steal the nomination to not even wanting to hope that maybe he's speaking on Thursday?

It just seems nuts to me.

NoOneButPaul
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL - Wut?

Ron Paul is all about absolutes, black and white, words and policies have absolute meaning and ramifications.

So the 40+ times he said "I don't deal in absolutes" when he was asked about 3rd party runs was just him pandering or what?

Mini-Me
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL - Wut?

Ron does leave a bit of wiggle room and play the game in some areas, so I wouldn't necessarily phrase it as him being all about absolutes...in certain contexts, he has indeed said he doesn't deal in absolutes, but I do know one thing: He's not for sale, and neither am I. I don't care what bone Romney tries to throw us; I don't want a bone. I want to see him get destroyed in November. I also want him to continue wasting stamps sending ridiculous fundraising letters to me. ;)

ShaneEnochs
08-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd vote for Obama before Romney (no, I'm not voting for Obama. Calm the fuck down).

thehungarian
08-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I will either be voting for Gary Johnson or writing in Ron Paul. Can't decide which. Gary is great for the most part, but he has his own faults.

Do they tally write-in votes?

puppetmaster
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Nope

bkreigh
08-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Ill be voting for Gary Johnson. A write in vote wont be counted in my state.

jbauer
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I try not to call people out but you sir are FUCKING DELUTIONAL. Romney wouldn't even give him a speaking slot in the middle of some unwatched period at "the" republican convention. There is a negative infinity chance that Ron will have any spot other then janitor on Romney watch.

Please give your avatar name to someone else. You can't call yourself nobutpaul and be undecided.

There's nothing wrong with taking the week to think about it, Ron COULD be that mystery speaker and the entire game could be changed in ways not imagined.

Then all of the sudden i'm not the only one thinking about it, guaranteed.

jbauer
08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Ill be voting for Gary Johnson. A write in vote wont be counted in my state.

as with me, Gary Johnson is the biggest protest vote in town right now. I hope to persuade enough people to join me to make DAMN sure Rmoney doesn't get elected.

lasenorita
08-28-2012, 05:51 PM
If this is how Romney and "Big Tent" Republicans treat people in their own party, I want no part of whatever he and they have planned for "other" Americans.

I already disagree with Romney on several important issues. Now that I no longer respect or even like Romney, surely his supporters can't expect me to simply "quit whining" and vote for him?

As Ron Paul said, I am an independent, individual voter first and foremost. I have looked at my options and have decided on who I will vote for — and it's definitely not the the Republican ticket.

Furthermore, I will be making sure my friends, my family, and my neighbors will know just how Romney treats people who disagree with him. They will not be voting in ignorance if I can help it!

affa
08-28-2012, 05:51 PM
never, ever, will i vote for mitt romney and i will work my tail off to ensure every Republican I know abstains or otherwise doesn't vote, either.

eddie198
08-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Gary Johnson

affa
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Please give your avatar name to someone else. You can't call yourself nobutpaul and be undecided.

qft.
no one but Paul. period.

it will not only be gratifying to see Romney lose, it's in our best interest going forward.

WhistlinDave
08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I will vote Romney when someone lifts my hand and places my cold, dead finger on the button on the voting machine.

ape
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Pledged. Voting for Johnson.

RickyJ
Woha!

NoOneButPaul, You might want to think about changing your screename to something more appropriate. Like, to NoOneButTheLesserOfTwoEvils.

Ivash
Haha, I love the whole 'other users can see your choices' thing. Don't you think that might bias the poll heavily?

rockandrollsouls
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
This.

Pledged.

Gary Johnson, but I'll clearly be saying "Ron Paul".

Razmear
08-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Will be voting for Gary Johnson here in SC, and spreading the word on what a cheating piece of shit Romney is to anyone who will listen.

pcosmar
it's in our best interest going forward.

It really does not matter who wins.. we are not going forward.
The US is coming to an end.
The last hope of salvaging something was rejected.

Gray State next.

ape
I C U Ivash

RonPaulFanInGA
08-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Woha!

NoOneButPaul, You might want to think about changing your screename to something more appropriate. Like, to NoOneButTheLesserOfTwoEvils.

Wonder what this poll might look like if it wasn't public. Public polls can intimidate people from voting or giving their true opinion.

Razmear
Not that I endorse this idea, but one local here said he's writing in Ron Paul, with a Sharpie on the voting machine. :D

CaseyJones
NOBP

sailingaway
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
42 states accept write in votes according to this that came across twitter:

http://www.anamericanvision.com/info/state_certifications.php

Murray N Rothbard
08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg

Don't give in to evil.

affa
08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
It really does not matter who wins.. we are not going forward.
The US is coming to an end.
The last hope of salvaging something was rejected.

Well, yea, I agree with this overall.

affa
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg

Don't give in to evil.

is this available anywhere as a poster?

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 06:07 PM
OK, I had to see who would possibly consider voting for R-Money. NoOneButPaul I have to assume just accidentally hit the wrong button.
Ivash, Jtorsell: what is your reasoning? Or to put it more honestly: what are you thinking!?!? :eek:

Dr.3D
08-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Rather the results weren't public but whatever.
Then it wouldn't be a public pledge. LOL

No way am I voting for Romney.

Anti Federalist
08-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Not that I endorse this idea, but one local here said he's writing in Ron Paul, with a Sharpie on the voting machine. :D

Sounds like great idea, why not endorse it?

brandon
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
If my state ends up being close I might even vote for Obama. Still thinking this through, but Romney certainly isn't getting my vote.

Murray N Rothbard
08-28-2012, 06:16 PM
is this available anywhere as a poster?

Yes, libertymaniacs.com I think.

Murray N Rothbard
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Undecided: 3
Ivash
Jtorsella
NoOneButPaul

...seriously?

extrmmxer
08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I hereby pledge that I will not vote for Mitt Romney.
I hereby pledge that I will not vote for Barack Obama.

Ron Paul or no one.

This

LibertyEagle
08-28-2012, 06:21 PM
42 states accept write in votes according to this that came across twitter:

http://www.anamericanvision.com/info/state_certifications.php

Yes, but I think the campaign would have to request it. It doesn't just happen.

The Gold Standard
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Mitt Romney is a despicable, piece of shit human being. I might vote for Johnson, but if polling in my state stays close, I might have to vote for Obama.

nicklthomas
08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
NO1BUTPAUL!!!

Dr.3D
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes, but I think the campaign would have to request it. It doesn't just happen.
Well the campaign better get cracking.

helmuth_hubener
08-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I personally will not vote for Mitt Romney in 2012. I probably won't vote at all in 2012. But definitely not for Mitt Romney.

RickyJ
08-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Well the campaign better get cracking.

I wouldn't count on that with Jesse Benton in charge. Everyone says Ron Paul approves and knows of everything he does, yet there are numerous examples where this is obviously not the case. When he was on the tonight show with Jay Leno he was shocked about all these reports that he might be open to a VP slot with Romney. He said he didn't know where that came from. Well, it came from his campaign chairman Jesse Benton!

Josalyn
08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Johnson for me as long as Romney's lawyers don't get Johnson removed from the PA ballot.
I'll either write in Ron Paul or vote Johnson.

Brett85
08-28-2012, 06:52 PM
It will be interesting to see whether one of CNN's exit polls this year will include the percentage Romney gets from Ron Paul primary voters.

V3n
08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Writing in Ron Paul. If it looks close that Romney has a chance, then I'm voting Obama for the way my party has treated us. F.U.G.O.P.

opal
08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
that's the rules for 2016,,, sigh

Razmear
08-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Sounds like great idea, why not endorse it?

Cuz I don't want to be labeled a terrorist :D
I never endorse criminal activity. Especially on a public forum.

Cleaner44
08-28-2012, 07:02 PM
The gop had one chance to earn my vote. Fuck romney.

Veteran Citizen
08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
It's either Romney or Johnson now.

If you are voting for Obama, you are unprincipled scum.

Nuff said.

Sentient Void
08-28-2012, 07:07 PM
INDEED.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?719-How-should-we-Vote-if-Ron-Paul-is-*NOT*-the-GOP-Nominee

We need to have a serious discussion about how we should vote if Ron Paul is not the nominee for the GOP. Between a likely outcome of either Obama or Romney, which is a more preferable outcome, and why?

Before I state who I'd rather have win - give me a second while I change my clothes...

/puts on flame retardant suit

Okay. That's better. Between Romney and Obama, I would rather have Obama win. Now, before I am labeled as a traitor and a hypocrite - hear me out.

There are at least five good reasons off the top of my head as to why we should all prefer this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?719-How-should-we-Vote-if-Ron-Paul-is-*NOT*-the-GOP-Nominee

The Gold Standard
08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
It's either Romney or Johnson now.

If you are voting for Obama, you are unprincipled scum.

Nuff said.

How could a principled person justify voting for Romney?

TCE
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
INDEED.

You are forgetting one important point that would glue your piece together. If every Ron Paul supporter votes for Johnson, guess what? There's a record kept of his votes. People will see that if everyone who voted for Johnson voted for Romney, he would have won. This was the big story in North Carolina, as Gunny can clearly recall, I'm sure. Bob Barr had more votes than the difference between McCain's and Obama's vote differential, thus, the big story everyone was talking about the next day was how Bob Barr stole the state for Obama. Now, the game has changed completely.

The GOP mainstream will be watching to see what we do. We have their attention now. If we all vote for Johnson and Johnson gets 2% or 3% of the vote, that would have swung the election for Romney since the popular votes are typically somewhat close. "They" will know we are a force to be reckoned with, and if the GOP doesn't start pandering to us, they could be in for an epic party split where they may never win again.

EDIT: Obviously I am not voting for Romney under any circumstance.

smithtg
08-28-2012, 07:23 PM
lmao no romney 97 to 3

affa
08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
//

Anti Federalist
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Cuz I don't want to be labeled a terrorist :D
I never endorse criminal activity. Especially on a public forum.

Post It note.

;)

simplyjacy
08-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Writing in Ron Paul and I'll feel good about voting.

Dublin4Paul
08-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Signed. I'll be voting for Gary Johnson, with Paul in my heart.

Mini-Me
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Haha, I love the whole 'other users can see your choices' thing. Don't you think that might bias the poll heavily?

You make a good point. The results do seem to be in line with similar anonymous polls on this site though, at least.

AlienLanes82
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

green73
08-28-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not undecided. I refuse to vote at all and legitimize a morally corrupt system

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Dear Flip Robamney,

I would like to very cordially invite you to perform, on webcam, in person, or on some nationally televised venue, an impossible sexual act upon your person; bonus points awarded if you can manage to integrate a 21" retractable baton into the aforementioned sex act.

You will not receive my vote, and you will not defeat Black Jesus. I even made you a nice picture for you to print out and hang on the wall in (one of) your mansion(s). I hope you like it, c0c#$uc#R.

http://s14.postimage.org/5klwhx0vl/all_your_republic.jpg

Indy Vidual
08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Mitt who?

The Dude
08-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Voting for Johnson, only liberty candidate on the ballot.

asurfaholic
08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I will vote for mitt. He won fair and square and treated us nicely in our loss. His willingness to have a fair and open nomination process speaks volumes of his integrity. Plus his lawyers are authentic people driven by the need to follow all established laws to ensure there is a truly fair election.

Lol not

WesSeid
08-28-2012, 09:07 PM
After they changed the floor nomination requirement from five states to eight and screwed over the Nevada-led petition, there is absolutely no way on this Earth I will vote for Romney.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/nevada-delegates-revolt-vote-for-paul-anyway-167752805.html

Cdawg45
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
I promised No One But Paul, but think I will have to vote Gary Johnson so that my vote will be acknowledged. It seems that everyone should be doing that if a Write In is treated the same as not going to the polls. Maybe I don't understand the process, but seems like we should all get on the same page about how to pool together and make our numbers show.

opinionatedfool
08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I'll vote for Romney when I'm out of my freaking mind. So much for voters having any say what so ever in who gets elected.

Cdawg45
08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Seems like a fitting video, given the events of the past 24hrs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6poyKNiX6QI

madengr
08-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Johnson, or write in Ron. I wrote him in last time.

RoyalShock
08-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Pledged.

Tally another for Gary Johnson.

Björn
08-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Gary Johnson is now the best way to legitimately vote for the majority of Ron Paul's principles, which is why I'm choosing him. It doesn't matter what letter is next to the candidate's name it's knowing that you're voting for what you believe in - the same thing that Ron Paul has done all these years.

Aldanga
08-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I likely won't be voting. No need to risk dying on the way to the polls.

Björn
08-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I likely won't be voting. No need to risk dying on the way to the polls.

Heheh... you can always do a mail-in vote (I always do). Just check the box that you are "not available" on the day of the polls and that allows you to completely avoid the lines. I also love doing this because I can just sit down and Google every name I don't know.

Okie RP fan
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
NOBP

The antics that were shoved in our faces today are even more proof.

PursuePeace
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
You have already voted on this poll.

Darn. and here I was hoping I could cast multiple "I will NOT vote for Mitt Romney" votes.

......oOO {Typical Ron Paul supporter, spamming the polls.}
:rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney if he promised me his entire estate upon his death...unless he also promised to croak before January, that is, and I had some way of verifying his promises.I don't think Mitt Romney has the capability of even being honest to himself.

Sematary
08-28-2012, 10:43 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386105_10150997946797382_1509467321_n.jpg

Jordan Liberty
08-28-2012, 11:06 PM
TBH I'm thinking of voting Obama. Writing in Ron Paul or voting for Gary Johnson will mean nothing. Voting for Obama will ensure that Rand has a chance in 2016.

Dary
08-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Not in this universe or any of the infinite others.

TheTexan
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
With only that option and a gun to my head I'd say pull the trigger

WesSeid
08-29-2012, 12:41 AM
TBH I'm thinking of voting Obama. Writing in Ron Paul or voting for Gary Johnson will mean nothing. Voting for Obama will ensure that Rand has a chance in 2016.

If Gary Johnson can poll at 15%, he will be included in the debates. If the Libertarian Party can get 5% of the November vote, it will get 10s of millions in matching funds and be stronger next time. And that would force the current two-headed snake to be more receptive to stop sucking.

TonyMontana
08-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Fuck Mitt Romney, he can suck it. Republicans suck for not voting for Ron Paul.

XTreat
08-29-2012, 01:07 AM
/signed no brainer

susano
08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
in

playpianoking
08-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Gary Johnson. You know if he got 5%+ that could help wake people up for the next election.

1stAmendguy
08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
bump

Brett85
08-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Romney has the wrong stance on the two most important issues to me, defending the unborn and opposing pre-emptive war. So that pretty much means he won't be getting my vote.

wayzupusc
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I made a promise to myself when Ron Paul first awoke me from my apathy years ago that I would never again vote for the lesser of two evils but that I would instead vote for who I thought was the best man for the job, period.

I will be writing in Ron Paul.

Barrex
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Funny thing to me is that guy with nickname "NoOneButPaul" is undecided... not picking on anyone (except that "nofreebeer" guy) just interesting.

michael6186
08-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I wasn't ever going to, but yesterday's events really sealed the deal.

Endthefednow
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
All I can Pledged at this time is that I Will NOT VOTE for mitt:mad:

The Dude
08-29-2012, 01:35 PM
I really hope those of you considering voting for Obama reconsider. BE RON PAUL, VOTE YOUR PRINCIPLES. Don't vote for Robomney, it gives their candidacy credibility it doesn't deserve. Johnson is the only liberty candidate on the ballot and he needs this movement's full support.

ronpaulfollower999
08-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Gary Johnson. You know if he got 5%+ that could help wake people up for the next election.

This. It's more than Gary Johnson, it's getting people out of the 2 party system. If Rand can endorse Romney to further his political future, I can vote for Gary.

Cdawg45
08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
This. It's more than Gary Johnson, it's getting people out of the 2 party system. If Rand can endorse Romney to further his political future, I can vote for Gary.

Exactly!! People ask why I will waste my vote on Johnson, I answer: "To Prove to Americans that their is an alternative to the 2 party system"... If people start to consider that a 3rd party candidate actually has a chance, it could revolutionize voting in this country. The Problem with the 2 Party system is that the Left props up the Right and vise versa, get a 3rd party involved and things would start to get interesting again.

To those voting for Obama, that is truly a wasted vote. He is going to beat Mitt with or without your vote. Then you have to live with the fact you voted for that scumbag. I made that mistake in 2008 and still feel guilty that I feel for the "Lesser of 2 evils" line and picked Obama. The Deciding factor was that he would withdraw the troops...We all know how well that worked out!"

heavenlyboy34
08-29-2012, 02:31 PM
If I bother voting at all, I assure you it won't be for Romster. I plan on writing in an imaginary person like Mr Giggles or something.

blazeKing
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm holding my nose and voting Obama. I DO NOT want Romney representing conservatism for 8 years. And the way Republicans have treated Paul and Paul supporters...disgraceful, utterly horrible. They deserve to lose.

WesSeid
08-29-2012, 04:25 PM
If people like us voted for a "Gary Johnson" candidate back in 1984, Ron Paul might have actually had a chance on the Libertarian ticket in 1988.

Suzu
08-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Easiest pledge ever.

1stAmendguy
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Bump

Wow, a nearly unanimous vote against Romney. The republican party and Mitt Romney will truly be hurt by us in November.

Ixzion
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I won't vote at all. NOBP!

Fredom101
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Just realize, Rand would go against all of you and not sign this and march with the neocon jackboots.

Fredom101
08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm holding my nose and voting Obama. I DO NOT want Romney representing conservatism for 8 years. And the way Republicans have treated Paul and Paul supporters...disgraceful, utterly horrible. They deserve to lose.

Don't support Obama. This is just encouraging the bastards. Instead, protest the whole damn chirade by staying home that day.

coastie
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
NOBP.

WesSeid
08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Just realize, Rand would go against all of you and not sign this and march with the neocon jackboots.
Maybe, but going by his voting record, he wouldn't actually vote for Romney.

liveandletlive
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
300th non Mitt vote

libertariantexas
08-31-2012, 06:06 AM
Hell no, I won't vote for an authoritarian thug like Romney.

I'm voting for Libertarian Gary Johnson.

mrsat_98
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
I would vote for Obama before I would vote for Mitt Romney and hell will freeze over before I vote for Obama.

ShowMeLiberty
08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Consent withdrawn. I will not vote. Period.

zeloc
08-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Consent withdrawn. I will not vote. Period.

ShowMeLiberty, please vote. A vote for anyone is a vote against Romney.

Easy decision, I will not vote for Romney. While I don't hold him responsible for the shenanigans in the RNC he should have stepped in and fixed things.

Occam's Banana
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
ShowMeLiberty, please vote. A vote for anyone is a vote against Romney.

A vote for anyone [else] may indeed be "a vote against Romney" - unfortunately, it is *also* a vote *for* "someone else."

As there is no "someone else" I care to vote for, I'm with SML. I will not vote at all.

1stAmendguy
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
bump

sailingaway
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I already wrote in Ron Paul.

devil21
11-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Nope. Not Mitt.

Tinnuhana
11-06-2012, 01:26 AM
wwrote in Ron Paul in NH. Hope he gets more than the roughly 1100 he got in 2008.

anaconda
11-06-2012, 01:50 AM
Do Ron Paul Forum members need to "pledge" to this? I find it a tad offensive, to be honest. I know the OP's intentions are good, however.

Kregisen
11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
I voted for Gary Johnson.

Liberty.

Jamesiv1
11-06-2012, 03:12 AM
A vote for Obama is a vote for Rand 2016

Kregisen
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
A vote for Obama is a vote for Rand 2016

I hate Obama, but this is why I'm rooting for Obama over Romney. (still voted Johnson though!)

The liberty movement CAN'T afford Romney to win. We would have to wait between 8-12 years to even get a 2nd try at a good president. Hell no. Rand will be ready in 2016.

Sam I am
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
It's probably no surprise to anyone that I don't think Romney is any better than Obama in the first place.

rich34
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
No Romney, or Obama here. The wife also, the ONE thing she follow's my lead on.:o:D

ChristianAnarchist
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Me and the wife also wrote-in Ron Paul. It makes me feel good to vote for someone like Dr. Paul.... I would feel like crap if I voted for Romney or Obama...

mello
11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Are there any statistics yet in the write-in States of how many people voted for Ron Paul?

frodus24
11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
In Virginia, I could not write in Ron Paul. Therefore, I did not vote. That is all at this moment.

ChristianAnarchist
11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
In Virginia, I could not write in Ron Paul. Therefore, I did not vote. That is all at this moment.

Actually, you "voted" by not voting. It's as valid as any vote...

WesSeid
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Actually, you "voted" by not voting. It's as valid as any vote...
A vote for Gary Johnson would have actually been counted in all those numbers that people are already using to figure out if the liberty crowd cost Romney the election or not to then shove the numbers in the GOP's face.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Are there any statistics yet in the write-in States of how many people voted for Ron Paul?

they won't be in for weeks, unfortunately. they should be in by the time Ron leaves Congress though, and we can include it with thank you messages and media coverage of that.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 10:29 AM
A vote for Gary Johnson would have actually been counted in all those numbers that people are already using to figure out if the liberty crowd cost Romney the election or not to then shove the numbers in the GOP's face.

we will shove what we have. Check out the front page.

Okie RP fan
11-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes, we'll need to tally up the Gary Johnson votes, Ron Paul write-ins, and should we count the Constitution party votes? Generally those are in the <10,000s range, aren't they?