PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness sets you free!

Indy Vidual
08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Forgiveness sets you free: Believe in yourself, learn, read good books, and stop fighting!

http://i.imgur.com/XQB2m.jpg

RickyJ
08-28-2012, 01:29 AM
How do you forgive someone that is not sorry and would do it again if given the chance?

fr33
08-28-2012, 01:41 AM
No I do not agree. It's a nonsensical phrase.

Endthefednow
08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I will never forgive the RNC for what is going on with our Ron Paul Delegates. It looks like I will have to be registered Independent from now on.

coffeewithchess
08-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Forgive, but not forget. 2008, 2012. Also, they haven't asked for forgiveness (not that it's a must), and keep touting things instead of apologizing for wasting time/money. It's like "forgiving" a drunk driver, that doesn't want to stop and continues to drink and keeps wrecking into other people repeatedly. At some point, forgiveness may come only after they show a legitimate change and are "clean" or "dry". Unfortunately, all I see is a campaign not willing to address legitimate issues, and that burned supporters in 2008 and 2012. Fool me once...

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I will forgive a man for sucker punching me in the face. Before i will forgive them selling my freedoms to others by way of the pen.

Eric39
08-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Forgiveness only sets you free in the one you're forgiving alters behavior.

If I forgive the federal government am I going to be free?

Ivash
08-28-2012, 02:58 AM
I think the forgiveness the OP was talking about was forgiving Rand Paul and the others who endorsed Romney..?

Anyways, I agree with the phrase, but forgiving doesn't mean forgetting.

Barrex
08-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Forgiveness must ber earned.... otherwise I would be idiot... bigger than I am now.

parocks
08-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I will never forgive the RNC for what is going on with our Ron Paul Delegates. It looks like I will have to be registered Independent from now on.

You stick with the Republican Party. You take control of the state organization. And then destroy. We are close to full control (well, close to half) of the Maine GOP. What are the things we can do from here? Focus like a laser on getting our people into state committee seats. There are elections for those seats on the county level. So, get our people out to vote for our candidates for state committee. Get a majority of state committee seats, get our guy in there for Chairman. And let the fun begin!

Could the Maine GOP send out a direct mail piece endorsing Gary Johnson for President? I don't know. But wouldn't it be fun to see? It could be quite interesting. Typically, people in state parties are asskissers who are not at all interested in open attacks on the National GOP. But we hate the National GOP. Take control of the State GOP, and attack the Republicans in Washington. Attack your own nominees. If someone says anything you don't like, do what Romney does, demand they resign from the race. Charlie Summers might think about, oh, supporting NDAA. I would think if he did that when we were in charge, why we'd be outraged. Call a special state committee meeting and official censure him. And then a week before the election, we send out an email about all the candidates on the ballot. Charlie Summers - censured by Maine GOP. FUN! Oh, we wouldn't get any money from the Nationals. But we'd get money. Someone, somewhere would likely benefit from our attacks. They'd pay to keep em going. FUN!

parocks
08-28-2012, 03:42 AM
I think the forgiveness the OP was talking about was forgiving Rand Paul and the others who endorsed Romney..?

Anyways, I agree with the phrase, but forgiving doesn't mean forgetting.

Do people still care about Rand endorse?

We are all so very very pissed at Romney and the RNC and we need to do damage. Might be talking about forgiving the R Party or Romney.

parocks
08-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Forgive, but not forget. 2008, 2012. Also, they haven't asked for forgiveness (not that it's a must), and keep touting things instead of apologizing for wasting time/money. It's like "forgiving" a drunk driver, that doesn't want to stop and continues to drink and keeps wrecking into other people repeatedly. At some point, forgiveness may come only after they show a legitimate change and are "clean" or "dry". Unfortunately, all I see is a campaign not willing to address legitimate issues, and that burned supporters in 2008 and 2012. Fool me once...

Wow, you think the campaign is somehow to blame? Did Ron Paul ever tell us he was 76 years old (or77, now)? Yes. You realize that's really old? Is it a shock to you that the guy who wants to end the fed is resisted by everyone with any power? When someone who is completely unacceptable to the global elites runs, it's not too likely that the guy is gonna win. I jumped on board as soon as he announced in 2007. Didn't think he could win. This time around, didn't think he could win. Ron Paul really needed an exceptionally good grassroots. And he didn't get it at all. In 2007, grassroots was up to it. Very weak this time. But, it is believed by many that they just wouldn't have let him win. And that wasn't something that they realized in 2012. They knew that in the spring of 2007. Didn't matter, you just push forward. You push forward and you get results. The benefits are the side effects of the run. Hey, we pretty much control the Maine GOP. We can really mess things up in the future if we keep things on the same track. And it would be FUN! The same basic people run both parties. We're in charge, we can really derail things.

nobody's_hero
08-28-2012, 05:38 AM
I thought whipping the ***es of tyrants sets you free. We forgave King George III, but we whipped his *** first.

Boss
08-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Agree with everything in the original post except for "Stop Fighting." You can keep fighting for what you believe in while having forgiven. In fact, the two ideas have nothing to do with each other.

For those struggling with the concept of forgiveness, please do yourself a favor and begin learning about the tremendous benefits to self that come from forgiveness. A great place to start is learning from people who have had a loved one murdered. Sister Helen Prejean wrote about it in a pretty compelling manner.

Sematary
08-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Forgiveness sets you free: Believe in yourself, learn, read good books, and stop fighting!

http://i.imgur.com/XQB2m.jpg

???
One word. "NO"

loveshiscountry
08-28-2012, 06:41 AM

Truth sets one free

luctor-et-emergo
08-28-2012, 07:08 AM
How do you forgive someone that is not sorry and would do it again if given the chance?

You simply do.
You felt you were let down or hurt, it is about your feelings.
Forgiveness is not something you do for the other person.
It is to increase your own well-being.

At least, that's my opinion about forgiving, based on personal experience.

acptulsa
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Anger, like fear, interferes with rational thought. So, if you forgive your enemy, it makes it easier to fight your enemy effectively.

In other words, 'forgive your enemies' is an important step on the way to 'don't get mad, get even.'

ShaneEnochs
08-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Grudges against people in your personal life will eat at you. However, I fully support holding grudges against groups (RNC) and people that are not a part of your personal life, but have wronged you or those you care about.