PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Second in Command

strategos
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I was thinking, who would be a good running mate?

I thought guiliani- no way, hes not interested in smaller government, tax reform, or american civil liberties.
Romney- Ehhh, good manager, maybe not so in line on foreign policy, none are really.
Fred- Boring and the campaign needs a younger guy.
Newt- Times up for him
Huckebee- Maybe, hes a fellow fairtaxer, little socially conservative though.
Colin Powell- Man of honor, unknowingly deceived the american people. Excellent military credentials, also a non white male, an issue that might be important for liberals who see in terms of color and sex.

Thoughts?

kylejack
11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Discussed extensively. Huckabee is a no-go, we do not want him on top of the Senate, and he is better known as Tax Hike Mike.

Sarah Palin is my choice. Walter Williams is acceptable. I'm sure there are some others.

Elijah
11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Kucinich has balls.

strategos
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Kucinich has balls.

Only problem is he is opposite of ron paul plus he'd look dumb with that insane man. Although both claim to serve the constitution :p

0zzy
11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Ron Paul isn't a fairtaxer, he's a zero taxer (when it comes to income tax at least :P).

Top 3 Ron Paul forums suggest:

1.) South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford
Mark Sanford served in the House with Ron Paul and they both often voted against a bill together, making it 433-2 mostly. He is also known for wanting small government and balanced budgets. In South Carolina he often vetoed bills that had pork in it. They overturned his vetoes a few too times so he decided to get some pigs and let them loose in the congress.

2.) Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
She is a young, beautiful, ambitious, charismatic women and is really respected in the Alaskan community. She is a good Republican and is often talked about being the VP of choice. She'd combat the "Hillary 'cause she's a girl!" vote. However, I don't know anyone who knows about her foreign policy. Though she is for drilling in Alaska, she doesn't seem to be a warhawk. I can see her with Paul, be a good couple.

3.) Judge Andrew Napolitano
The Judge is a self-described pro-life libertarian. He believes pretty much everything Ron Paul believes and has fully endorsed Ron Paul several times (even mentions him in his newest book, A Nation of Sheep). He has Italian & Catholic roots and is well respected even with the Fox News Channel (told a guy who believes war is a necessary evil for peace and we must be dicks in the world for the greater of man that the Judge supports Ron Paul and he said, "Reallly?"). However, people would rather seem to have him as the Attorney Journal or in the Supreme Court.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 07:51 PM
She is a young, beautiful, ambitious, charismatic women and is really respected in the Alaskan community.

Understatement of the decade! She's got like a 96% approval rating, which is just ridiculous. She came in after a really corrupt governor and reversed all the stuff he did, like 11th hour appointments, and she sold off the pricy jet he bought, listing it on eBay times until it sold. Her wikipedia page is such a great read.

Her son joined the military on 9/11/07, so I'm sure she's not keen on Iraq.

hawkeyenick
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Ron Paul isn't a fairtaxer, he's a zero taxer (when it comes to income tax at least :P).

Mark Sanford served in the House with Ron Paul and they both often voted against a bill together, making it 433-2 mostly. He is also known for wanting small government and balanced budgets. In South Carolina he often vetoed bills that had pork in it. They overturned his vetoes a few too times so he decided to get some pigs and let them loose in the congress.

She is a young, beautiful, ambitious, charismatic women and is really respected in the Alaskan community. She is a good Republican and is often talked about being the VP of choice. She'd combat the "Hillary 'cause she's a girl!" vote. However, I don't know anyone who knows about her foreign policy. Though she is for drilling in Alaska, she doesn't seem to be a warhawk. I can see her with Paul, be a good couple.

The Judge is a self-described pro-life libertarian. He believes pretty much everything Ron Paul believes and has fully endorsed Ron Paul several times (even mentions him in his newest book, A Nation of Sheep). He has Italian & Catholic roots and is well respected even with the Fox News Channel (told a guy who believes war is a necessary evil for peace and we must be dicks in the world for the greater of man that the Judge supports Ron Paul and he said, "Reallly?"). However, people would rather seem to have him as the Attorney Journal or in the Supreme Court.

We sorely need the female vote, this woman could do us a great favor by joining us. Top it off with the fact that she's a smoking hot milf!

Indy Vidual
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Yes, Judge Andrew Napolitano is one of my favorites.
Also, I had never heard of the hot Alaskan Gov.

cero
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
damn I never heard of her, Sarah Palin, man shes won me over!

kylejack
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1080852548179037441&q=sarah+palin&total=51&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

FF to 36:20 for Sarah Palin and Janet Napolitano interview from Charlie Rose.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
One last point about Palin: SHE KILLED THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE.

Marceline88
11-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Sarah Palin is the one. Man not only is she level headed and popular, but she is drop dead gorgeous. She is the sex appeal that would take RP's campaign to the moon. And in a run against Hillary she is the one we need to steal the female vote and help us win the general popularity contest with the apathetic masses.....a beautiful woman makes people sit up and take notice.....a SMART beautiful woman is motivational.

Revolution9
11-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Hmm. Sarah Palin and Judge Napolitano are my only two serious choices..

Best
Randy

BuddyRey
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Does his VP have to be a Republican? Not many of those who I trust, though party seems to mean less and less lately. I'd personally prefer someone who is socially liberal though.

Paul/Gravel would be my dream ticket.

0zzy
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Does his VP have to be a Republican? Not many of those who I trust, though party seems to mean less and less lately. I'd personally prefer someone who is socially liberal though.

Paul/Gravel would be my dream ticket.

That'd be as awkward as Roosevelt/Taft
:X

Sarah Palin all the way!

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Mark Sanford or Gary Johnson.

JDM
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Here is a blog dedicated to draft her as the VP. She definately sounds like a viable candidate.

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/

Shellshock1918
11-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Powell, I think, would be a good choice.

cindy25
11-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Colin won't work out; he's pro affirmative action, pro-choice and quite likely pro-draft (national service)

what about J C Watts or Bobby Jindal? I don't know their records at all.

noztnac
11-23-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm for Sarah Palin.

I'm from South Carolina by the way and know all about Mark Sanford.

Man from La Mancha
11-23-2007, 06:19 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1970/paulpalin2mg1.jpg

werdd
11-23-2007, 10:05 AM
The Judge is a self-described pro-life libertarian. He believes pretty much everything Ron Paul believes and has fully endorsed Ron Paul several times (even mentions him in his newest book, A Nation of Sheep). He has Italian & Catholic roots and is well respected even with the Fox News Channel (told a guy who believes war is a necessary evil for peace and we must be dicks in the world for the greater of man that the Judge supports Ron Paul and he said, "Reallly?"). However, people would rather seem to have him as the Attorney Journal or in the Supreme Court.[/QUOTE]

That or pat buchanan IMO.

ronpaulfollower999
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I like Mike Gravel. According to Mike Gravel's campaign website, he spoke publicly against the Iraq war in 2002 and he's still against it. He doesn't think military confrontation with Iran is necessary. He thinks the war on drugs is a failure and should end.

The Mike Gravel Booklet (http://www.gravel2008.us/Mike_Gravel_Booklet.pdf)

The only problem I see is that he is older than Ron Paul (77).

That or pat buchanan IMO.

Pat Buchanan is a good choice also.

noztnac
11-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Unlike Ron Paul, Buchanan is an isolationist.

hawkeyenick
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Palin would be an easy counter to Hillary...and MUCH better looking. No mater what people think, we need the female vote, and Palin brings it in spades as a strong woman. Palin would devour Hillary in a debate.

Original_Intent
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
You shouldn't say "She is for drilling in Alaska" like it is a bad thing.

First, that would do wonders to reduce our dependence on the Middle East.
Second, have you ever lived in an oilfiled? I have. People tend to think of oil spills, etc and all kinds of bad environmental impact. The fact is, at least where I grew up, oil wells are usually very scattered and connected with dirt access roads. They are surrounded by miles and miles of pristine wilderness. You could get dropped in the middle of the "oil field" and walk for many miles without crossing a road of any kind, and certainly without stumbling acrass an oil well or pipeline.

In such a huge and wide open area as Alaska, the impact would be even less.

Suzu
11-24-2007, 12:42 AM

#2 is my choice. Others have given good reasons and I agree with them all.

#1: Should have a position in the cabinet, not sure where.

#3: Attorney General is perfect.

What does Ron Paul say about #2?

pcosmar
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Bump

RedLightning
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I like all three, but #2 and #3 are my favorites.

Mesogen
11-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Karen Kwiatowski.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski-arch.html
I won't be happy with anyone else.

noztnac
11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
With regard to Kwitkowski as the VP.
I ran this by a friend of mine who is a Ron Paul supporter and a retired Navy Captain. His response was:

I have little respect for these officers who retire, then explain how they observed all sorts of wrong-doings while serving on active duty and drawing pay, but doing nothing to correct or report what they perceived as either mistakes or criminal acts.I see nothing in her resume that indicates abilities or performance that would make her an attractive candidate or competent vice-president. I guess the air force didn't either, or she would not be retiring as a lieutenant colonel in an era of pro-female competitive bias (especially in the air force). Ron Paul has sufficient (and less confrontational) anti-war credentials, and that is all this person brings to the table.

This one quote of hers from that article would cost Ron Paul millions of votes:

""If you join the United States military now, you are not defending the United States of America; you are helping certain policy-makers pursue an imperial agenda."

sharedvoice
11-25-2007, 03:42 PM

I've been hearing alot of talk about Sarah Palin. People respect her leadership.
Would be interesting if she was in fact Ron Paul's pick. Hillary would lose her "Gender Card" crutch pretty fast IMO.