PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from NH members

Jimmy
11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Are the TV and radio ads running in NH very frequently? Are you seeing them all the time?...More than other canidates? Any feedback out there? Thanks.

margomaps
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't really watch TV much, but I've heard lots of the radio ads. Actually, I don't really listen to the radio much either...but it seems like I hear a Ron Paul radio ad just about every time I listen. So that's good.

The few times I have watched TV lately, there were a LOT of Obama commercials on -- he seems to have the most on TV up here by far. After that is Romney, who also has a lot of air time it seems. I've seen 1 Ron Paul TV commercial (the first "he's catching on" one). Don't really recall seeing any other political TV commercials...possibly an Edwards one, not sure.

As far as political signs, I rarely see Ron Paul signs here in southern NH. Yesterday I saw several Edwards Signs, a few for Dodd, one for Kucinich, one for Hillary, and one Rudy sticker. There are also a couple Mitt signs around. There's one or two houses in Dover with large/multiple Ron Paul signs in the yard, but I have yet to see a RP bumper sticker (other than my own) around here.

Jimmy
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for feedback...Wonder why not more...seems they have the money and this state would be a BIG win. Seems they would be BOMBING them with ads. :confused:

ItsTime
11-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I see the TV ones at least once a day. They play a lot of radio ads (good to get office people to know who he is)

Rudy has been playing A LOT of ads and Mitt ads have seem to have dwindled.

With all that said.. I do not watch a lot of local tv most of the ads I see are on the news channels.

For the dems, lots of Clinton and Obama ads and I saw my first Richardson ad today.

margomaps
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for feedback...Wonder why not more...seems they have the money and this state would be a BIG win. Seems they would be BOMBING them with ads. :confused:

Well, I think the campaign really is bombarding the radio airwaves. It's kind of uncanny that I hear a RP commercial just about every time I listen to the radio. And since I really don't watch TV much, I might just be missing his TV commercials. Most of them are probably on WMUR/9, and I've probably only watched that station a couple of times.

I'm more worried about the lack of RP signs and bumper stickers in southeast NH. I hear that he's much more popular in other parts of the state, but it's discouraging to not see his support around here. The only exception I can think of is Durham -- I always see a lot of bumper stickers and chalkings on UNH's campus.

ItsTime
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I saw the most bumper stickers I have ever seen on Thursday. It was a good day :) a few on cars with vets plates.

Well, I think the campaign really is bombarding the radio airwaves. It's kind of uncanny that I hear a RP commercial just about every time I listen to the radio. And since I really don't watch TV much, I might just be missing his TV commercials. Most of them are probably on WMUR/9, and I've probably only watched that station a couple of times.

I'm more worried about the lack of RP signs and bumper stickers in southeast NH. I hear that he's much more popular in other parts of the state, but it's discouraging to not see his support around here. The only exception I can think of is Durham -- I always see a lot of bumper stickers and chalkings on UNH's campus.

jgmaynard
11-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I've seen all three on TV, usually on during the news and until recently, always on WMUR. However, the other day I saw one (the 3rd/civil rights ad) on NBC Channel 7 out of Boston (also during the news).

In my neck of the woods (south central and sw NH), RP signs are still heavily prominent, but it looks like both Hill and Oprama got volunteers to get out lots of signs in the last week or so. As I understand, there's going to be several door-to-door RP campaigns happening in this state over the next couple weeks to counter the Hillary and Obama signs (Oops! Did I just enter general election mode? ;) ). The other Rs aren't doing much signwise around here compared to us.
Romney is running a trillion campaign ads an hour, though. I do hope that either the campaign or our PACs will run loads of cable ads that go for $25/spot though. Repitition counts, even if you are "limiting" your audience to the 30% (?) or so that have cable. All IMHO, of course. :) I've done a good deal of TV ads in NH, mostly on cable if anyone needs help making it happen.
Ciao!

JM