PDA

View Full Version : Ron's speech from yesterday is on CSPAN right now... Minutes before start of convention!

Monotaur
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Title says it all. Great timing!

sailingaway
08-27-2012, 12:01 PM
CSPAN and PBS are my favorites.

Monotaur
08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Also good news for us on the convention front. All they did was open and then immediately recess, no real business. They then want onto a rant about the debt (like Romney/Ryan are any better...). It was curious that there was a small audience though. I'm not sure who was allowed or determined to come, etc.

georgiaboy
08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Also good news for us on the convention front. All they did was open and then immediately recess, no real business. They then want onto a rant about the debt (like Romney/Ryan are any better...). It was curious that there was a small audience though. I'm not sure who was allowed or determined to come, etc.

Thanks! Was looking for that info.

tasteless
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
All I'm getting is a black screen on my TV... tsk tsk the blackout continues... Anywhere I can watch online?

Sematary
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I thought the convention began tomorrow (for real)

Monotaur
08-27-2012, 12:35 PM
All I'm getting is a black screen on my TV... tsk tsk the blackout continues... Anywhere I can watch online?

I'm on my phone right now so hard to copy and paste but stream CSPAN on line. It's over for today but picks back until the at 2 EST.

Monotaur
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I thought the convention began tomorrow (for real)

True but we were concerned that the RNC would pull some crap during the quick session today since they told delegates to stay away today. But they did not, just immediately recessed.

Aratus
08-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Sailingaway was cautiously asking all our delegates to be quietly vigilent & alert
and perhaps its just as well, because when good ole C-SPAN had live coverage
the powers that be decided to go by Robert's Rules of Order. tis tuesday at 2 p.m
that we will see things sorta being done in a big traditional way! today is symbolic.

wgadget
08-27-2012, 12:48 PM
How did the play Ron's hour-long speech minutes before the convention opened?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck.

Monotaur
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
How did the play Ron's hour-long speech minutes before the convention opened?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck.

It was on (repeated from last night) just before their coverage of the convention. They stopped the replay before the end though to begin coverage of the convention.