PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney RNC to Unveil Debt Clock in Convention Hall

Origanalist
08-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Today when RNC Chairman Reince Priebus gavels in the 2012 RNC convention at 2 p.m., a huge U.S. debt clock, currently ticking toward $16 trillion, will be unveiled as a reminder to voters that Obama's policies aren't working.

"This clock reminds every delegate and every American why we are here in Tampa - because America can and must do better," said Priebus. "Every American's share of the national debt has increased by approximately $16,000 during the current administration.

"Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are the right leaders at the right time for America. They will turn this fiscal mess around, get people back to work and set our country on a strong foundation for generations to come," Priebus added.

----------------------------------
After all, they say they will balance the budget in forty years.

Chester Copperpot
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
They are full of shit.

The only way to turn back the debt clock is to get RID OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE

TheGrinch
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Cool, they should put a sign under it that says "Just give us 28 years and we'll get right on it".

I don't know how planning to not balance the budget for 28 years (Ryan's budget plan) can be touted as a solution, or even worse, is actually being called "radical", when it's not even fiscally conservative in the least. The only radical part about it is cutting entitlements while not touching "defense" spending :rolleyes:

Seriously, a total joke that we're jsut going to acrue debt and interest for 28 years before they can even balance, let alone to have a surplus to even cover the interest. What a freaking joke political discourse has become in this country.

CaptUSA
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
"Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are the right leaders at the right time for America. They will turn this fiscal mess around, get people back to work and set our country on a strong foundation for generations to come," Priebus added.

LOL!!!

Do you think he even believes that? "We will turn this fiscal mess around! (30 years from now)" "We will get people back to work! (Unless they'd rather not)" "We'll set this country on a strong foundation! (by further inflating bubbles that make us rich!)"

Origanalist
08-27-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL!!!

Do you think he even believes that? "We will turn this fiscal mess around! (30 years from now)" "We will get people back to work! (Unless they'd rather not)" "We'll set this country on a strong foundation! (by further inflating bubbles that make us rich!)"

RNC= Comedy Central

Origanalist
08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
"Cool, they should put a sign under it that says "Just give us 28 years and we'll get right on it".

Lol, one more thing to file under "the way it should be".

CaptUSA
08-27-2012, 11:14 AM
You know, the more I think about it, I think Reince had something to do with the Ryan pick. If, by some miracle, Romney would win, Reince would be a shoo-in for Ryan's congressional seat.

Lucille
08-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm sure there will be no mention of how much TEAM RED contributed to it.

bunklocoempire
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Why not a debt clock with pictures of Kagan on each side of it?

The RNC bringing their "B" game to the fear/false pride spectacular.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
They should hang a big picture of W, with a big grin right next to it. Anyone who buys into their bullshit have to be the most gullible sad sacks in the world.

CaptainAmerica
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
GOP is guilty for most of the debt

georgiaboy
08-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Wonder what side by side debt clocks would look like if geared for Obama's plan, Romney's plan, and Ron's plan?

Lucille
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
They should hang a big picture of W, with a big grin right next to it. Anyone who buys into their bullshit have to be the most gullible sad sacks in the world.

This.

buck000
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Mr. Ryan should point to the debt clock and say, "I helped build that debt." ;)

John of Des Moines
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Mr. Ryan should point to the debt clock and say, "I helped build that debt." ;)

A chant like "Ryan helped build that debt should be heard during his speech.

angelatc
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Today when RNC Chairman Reince Priebus gavels in the 2012 RNC convention at 2 p.m., a huge U.S. debt clock, currently ticking toward $16 trillion, will be unveiled as a reminder to voters that Obama's policies aren't working.

"This clock reminds every delegate and every American why we are here in Tampa - because America can and must do better," said Priebus. "Every American's share of the national debt has increased by approximately $16,000 during the current administration.

----------------------------------
After all, they say they will balance the budget in forty years.

They have 2 - one is counting the debt, and one counting the debt that is accumulating as the convention is running. I think they need a third, that shows the cost-per-minute of the convention to the taxpayer.

brandon
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Cool, they should put a sign under it that says "Just give us 28 years and we'll get right on it".

LOL

Lucille
08-27-2012, 04:03 PM
They have 2 - one is counting the debt, and one counting the debt that is accumulating as the convention is running. I think they need a third, that shows the cost-per-minute of the convention to the taxpayer.

+rep

NaturalMystic
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Ummmmmmmm? Doesn't the House of Reps (republican) control the check book?