PDA

View Full Version : Over 10,000 supporters brave Tropical Storm Isaac to see Ron Paul speak at USF - PICTURES

AngelClark
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
A crowd of almost 10,000 of Ron Paul supporters gathered Sunday afternoon at the University of South Florida Sun Dome in Tampa. Despite Tropical Storm Isaac heading towards Florida, the USF stadium held over 7,000 fans of Ron Paul, many thanking him for his contribution to their lives. A quick glance at the crowd might make one think they were at a rock concert, but a closer look reveals people wearing shirts with phrases like "Ron Paul won't tread on you" and "I'm crazy like Ron Paul". Supporters of the 12-term Congressman from Texas claim they are the future. "I hereby declare that for the next four hours, under this dome, liberty will reign!" Doug Wead, a senior advisor to Paul's presidential campaign, said near the beginning of the rally.

Reports began circulating Sunday that Ron Paul had been offered a chance to speak at the Republican National Convention as long as his speech was approved by the Romney campaign and as long as Ron Paul gave Mitt Romney his full-fledged endorsement. Rep. Paul declined the offer. “It wouldn’t be my speech,” Dr. Paul said. “That would undo everything I’ve done in the last 30 years. I don’t fully endorse him for president.” Republicans plan to show a tribute to Ron Paul on Tuesday.

Continue Reading: http://exm.nr/PgVNoM

Direct link to the slideshow: http://exm.nr/PgY7Mt

mczerone
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Nice write-up, thanks for the cross post.

samforpaul
08-26-2012, 04:10 PM
And his speech will be rebroadcast on C-SPAN at 9:00 P.M. Eastern time Sunday night.

Aratus
08-26-2012, 08:14 PM
it was on C-SPAN! cooooooooooool!

sailingaway
08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
A crowd of almost 10,000 of Ron Paul supporters gathered Sunday afternoon at the University of South Florida Sun Dome in Tampa. Despite Tropical Storm Isaac heading towards Florida, the USF stadium held over 7,000 fans of Ron Paul, many thanking him for his contribution to their lives. A quick glance at the crowd might make one think they were at a rock concert, but a closer look reveals people wearing shirts with phrases like "Ron Paul won't tread on you" and "I'm crazy like Ron Paul". Supporters of the 12-term Congressman from Texas claim they are the future. "I hereby declare that for the next four hours, under this dome, liberty will reign!" Doug Wead, a senior advisor to Paul's presidential campaign, said near the beginning of the rally.

Reports began circulating Sunday that Ron Paul had been offered a chance to speak at the Republican National Convention as long as his speech was approved by the Romney campaign and as long as Ron Paul gave Mitt Romney his full-fledged endorsement. Rep. Paul declined the offer. “It wouldn’t be my speech,” Dr. Paul said. “That would undo everything I’ve done in the last 30 years. I don’t fully endorse him for president.” Republicans plan to show a tribute to Ron Paul on Tuesday.

Continue Reading: http://exm.nr/PgVNoM

Direct link to the slideshow: http://exm.nr/PgY7Mt

thank you, Angel!

Carson
08-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Long time No-See, AngelClark.

Nice write up.

"C-SPAN began live coverage of the sold-out rally an hour before Ron Paul was scheduled to speak. When Aimee Allen performed the "Ron Paul Anthem", thousands of people stood up and sang along, many crying."

I thought it was just dusty where I was.

Carson

AngelClark
08-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Nice write up.

"C-SPAN began live coverage of the sold-out rally an hour before Ron Paul was scheduled to speak. When Aimee Allen performed the "Ron Paul Anthem", thousands of people stood up and sang along, many crying."

Carson

You could have found me at any time :D I don't want to spam people, but every one of my articles has links to my website, my FB fan page, my radio show ;) If you haven't seen me, that's your fault!

That being said, wish I had been there.

NoOneButPaul
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Nice write up.

Carson

Kinda funny because from home I couldn't stand the music.

Although in large part I felt like that was because I thought CSPN was going to cut him off at 3:30.

About 45min into his speech they took out their "coming up next" because there was no way CSPAN was going to cut him off... he could have talked for hours.

Right as they saw the ratings jump I bet they backed off...