PDA

View Full Version : State Sen. Tom Davis to attend GOP convention, address pre-gathering rally

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 10:48 PM
State Sen. Davis to attend GOP convention, address pre-gathering rally

As a delegate to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, state Sen. Tom Davis, R-Beaufort, will be present next week when Mitt Romney accepts the party's nomination for president.
But before the convention begins, Davis will address at least 10,000 people at a rally hosted Sunday by Texas congressman and two-time Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Davis, who is preparing a speech critical of the Federal Reserve and U.S. monetary policy, will share the stage at University of South Florida's Sun Dome with Paul; Paul's son, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.; and U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, R-Michigan, among others.

"The entire convention I am excited about, but I was honored to be asked to be one of about 10 people to speak at that rally," Davis said Friday. "I think Ron Paul has done a lot to shape the agenda this fall."

Davis and Paul, who share many libertarian policy views, have known each other for some time. Davis endorsed Paul for president in January, and earlier this month, Paul hosted a fundraiser for Davis in Columbia that drew about 400 people.

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/2012/08/25/2185746/state-sen-davis-to-attend-gop.html#storylink=cpy

seems to be a reprint or update, because later in the story it says Gingrich hadn't released delegates yet.