PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't we get the write in votes counted?

John F Kennedy III
08-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Why didn't we go through the process to get the write in votes counted in each state? I'm sure it's too late now, but I would like to see it done for 2016. I'm thinking they probably would have blocked us anyway because they would've known what we were up to. Knowing our write in vote would count, I don't think any Paul supporters would be considering voting for Romney, Obama, Johnson or anyone else. It would've sent a helluva message to see Paul get 25% of the vote as a write in :)

So I guess this thread might be best as a prep for 2016. How do we make sure all the write in votes get counted from each state?

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I hounded the Clerk until they counted them where I am.

John F Kennedy III
08-25-2012, 08:33 PM
I hounded the Clerk until they counted them where I am.

Awesome. In all areas where they are counted we need to write in Paul.

Also, poll added ^

aGameOfThrones
08-25-2012, 08:39 PM
I voted for kludge, it seemed the more logical choice. :D

RonPaulMall
08-26-2012, 01:34 AM
I'd suggest a "Because We Don't Care" choice. The most logical way to count the vote is to add up the total write ins, then compare it to the total votes for the winning candidate who had his name on the ballot, and if the write ins aren't enough to beat the winner, don't bother reading them. Just a waste of time and taxpayer money. The main focus of 2016 should be getting Rand (or some other Liberty candidate) the GOP nomination. Not worrying about whether or not write in votes are going to be counted in the event whatever liberty candidate runs loses the GOP nomination and have no candidate on the ballot. That's defeatist on the one hand and a silly thing to worry about even if presupposing defeat were an acceptable mentality.

Keith and stuff
08-26-2012, 01:37 AM
They were counted in The new Hampshire primary. Maybe get the law changed where you live? If you are talking about November, I have no idea what the state laws are. Could you tell us?