PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul sees ‘war’ over the ‘heart and soul of America’

cajuncocoa
08-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Republican Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) launched a broad attack on President Obama’s economic policies, saying there was a “war going on for the heart and soul of America.”

“As the president campaigns against those who succeeded, as the president vilifies those who employ millions of workers, he condemns the very system that made America great,” said Paul in the GOP weekly address on Saturday. “Today there is a war going on for the heart and soul of America, a war between those who believe in the American dream and those who cannot grasp what makes America great. “

Paul characterized the president as uncomfortable with the free market principles he said had built the nation’s economy.

“There’s a war going on between those who would apologize for America’s success and those who would bow down and apologize for capitalism and profit and America’s exceptional history, and those who would defend America as the greatest experiment in freedom and prosperity ever known,” Paul said.“There’s a battle going on between those who would respect the constitution and those who would scrap it for the South African constitution,” he added.

Paul said the nation’s problems were larger than any one party or individual and that both Republicans and Democrats had ignored the constitution.

“The enemy is not Barack Obama or the Democrats. And though the media may not like this, the enemy is not gridlock,” he said. “The enemy is the looting of the Treasury and 20 years of deficit spending. The enemy is an out of control, unaccountable Federal Reserve and it's devaluation of our currency. The enemy is our lack of being bound by the restraints of the Constitution.”

Paul also urged Obama to work with Congressional Republicans to control government spending and reform entitlement programs, saying that the “President has failed to lead.”

“Together we could fix entitlements. Even in an election year, I've offered to work with the President. I've called and written. I've ridden with the President on Air Force One and offered to help him build bridges, to repair our nation's infrastructure. But I've received no answer,” Paul continued.

“The President is missing in action. While America flounders, the President campaigns. We deserve better,” he said.

Paul, a popular Tea Party senator, will be a headline speaker at next week’s GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.

His father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), who ran against Mitt Romney for the GOP nomination and will be leaving Congress after this term will be honored at the convention with a short film on Tuesday.

http://thehill.com/video/senate/245447-sen-rand-paul-sees-war-over-heart-and-soul-of-america

RickyJ
08-25-2012, 01:43 PM
“Together we could fix entitlements. Even in an election year, I've offered to work with the President. I've called and written. I've ridden with the President on Air Force One and offered to help him build bridges, to repair our nation's infrastructure. But I've received no answer,” Paul continued.

Kind of like the no answer you gave Luke when asking about why you endorsed Romney. What goes around comes around Rand.

July
08-25-2012, 02:11 PM
That we are moving in the direction of the South African constitution, is exactly right. I'm sure some in the media are going to demagogue that quote as being racist... I believe it's in reference to the statement made by Supreme Court Justice Gingsburg (appointed by Clinton) about Egypt, where she said that the South African constitution is what we might look to if we were to draft a new constitution for 2012 (implying ours is out dated and not a good example to follow). I read it, it's pretty much a purely positive rights document--not a natural rights/negative law document as ours. The state grants the right to pretty much everything you can think of, food, water, housing, healthcare, etc. Which all sounds good on the surface to most Americans. The people really need to be taught this distinction, and about natural rights philosophy. We've forgotten.

RickyJ
08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
We are moving toward a dictatorship not any constitution whatsoever. Freedom is America is really only an illusion.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Kind of like the no answer you gave Luke when asking about why you endorsed Romney. What goes around comes around Rand.

Rand is trying to save our country. Luke is just trying to line Luke's pockets. Huge difference.

Indy Vidual
08-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Decent article

Kotin
08-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Please I wish people would not refer to what Luke did as anything but ambush journalism at best and being a douchebag at worst.. I'd go with the latter.

Agorism
08-25-2012, 06:42 PM
who is luke

DerailingDaTrain
08-25-2012, 07:06 PM
who is luke

The thief/ambush "journalist" with a YT channel/former member of WAC/Alex Jones follower Luke Rudkowski

Southerner
08-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Luke = Brown 25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008BPUdQ1XA

Matt Collins
08-31-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMhecMQkU9M&feature=em-share_video_user

Southerner
08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
So, I'm thinkin' you REALLY want people to see this video eh Matt? ;-)