PDA

View Full Version : Maine Ron Paul supporters: We're not done fighting

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
UGUSTA, Maine — A day after losing half of the 20 delegates they elected to the Republican National Convention, Ron Paul supporters from Maine say they're not giving up their fight.

Brent Tweed, a Paul supporter in the delegation, said Saturday his side refuses to accept what he calls "backroom deals" and "we are not done fighting."

Paul supporters say they can take their case they were properly elected to the full national convention in Tampa. They also plan to fight a proposed party rule they say would require that delegates and alternates to the national convention be awarded on a winner-take-all basis.

The Republican National Committee ruled this week that that the Ron Paul delegates from Maine were awarded in a process that violated a number of rules.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/157847086ed143b6a5ce99d969e1fd16/ME--Ron-Paul-Maine

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Long live the Maine delegation!

Badger Paul
08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Remember the Maine!

ClydeCoulter
08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Maine: verb, to be forthright and honest in ones dealings without compromise :)
.......He was maine with the RNC during their corrupt proceedings.

RickyJ
08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
That's cool! It would be great if the governor joined them in Tampa in their fight against this injustice. Maybe he is, I don't know.

The fight the Maine delegates are waging now is making me seriously consider moving there.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
That's cool! It would be great if the governor joined them in Tampa in their fight against this injustice. Maybe he is, I don't know.

The fight the Maine delegates are waging now is making me seriously consider moving there.

the same thought crossed my mind. I doubt I'll really do it, but I absolutely thought it.

Working Poor
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Go Maine delegates for Ron Paul!

romacox
08-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Remember the Maine!
Ditto, and remember all the Ron Paul delegates...