PDA

View Full Version : John Sununu flees to avoid Minority Reports on Rules Change Power Grab

sunsense
08-25-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul-romney-sununu-republican-convention-delegates-fight-tampa-florida-2012-8?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics

So he failed in his duties by leaving before the hour was up so the rules they put in place are therefore 'null and void' as the correct procedures were NOT followed.

Plus he is inept, incompetent and grossly negligent and totally unfit to fill the position he has by not doing his job correctly.

He effectively resigned by leaving early.

Ron Paul, the lawyers and 'we the people' need to push this to the limit.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 09:55 AM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fadbb13ecad042637000005/ashley-ryan-ron-paul-delegate.jpg

TAMPA, FLA. — The GOP convention doesn't officially start until Monday, but trouble is already brewing between presumptive nominee Mitt Romney and Republicans who are concerned by his campaign' making an aggressive power play to control the party.

The drama Friday centered around a contentious meeting of the powerful Rules Committee, where Romney's campaign lieutenants, led by his legal counsel Ben Ginsberg, pushed through several changes that would give Romney broad authority over the Republican nominating process.

According to one source who was at the meeting, the saga ended with former New Hampshire Governor John Sununu, the committee chair, hightailing it out of the building before committee members could submit dissenting minority opinions, or "minority reports."

In an interview with Business Insider Friday night, Maine's newly-elected state committeewoman Ashley Ryan, said that committee members opposed to Romney's plan drafted two minority reports immediately after the meeting, stating their position against the changes. Republican Party rules stipulate that people have one hour to submit a minority report after a meeting of the Rules Committee, and that it must have the support of at least 25 percent of the committee.

"The rules say that you have an hour after the meeting, but within 15 minutes, we couldn't find him anywhere," Ryan, a Ron Paul supporter and member of Maine's delegation, said. "Finally, we asked an RNC offical if they had seen former New Hampshire Governor John Sununu? He said, 'John Sununu! Everyone's looking for him! But he left the building.'"

The details around Sununu's Friday dip are still foggy, and it's unclear if he ended up receiving the minority reports after all. Convention officials have not yet responded to our email asking for comment.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul-romney-sununu-republican-convention-delegates-fight-tampa-florida-2012-8#ixzz24Zf1geaQ

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2012, 10:01 AM
It's bastards like Sununu that bolster my resolve to achieve victory in relinquishing the party from them.

wgadget
08-25-2012, 10:04 AM
*Gets popcorn*

:)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
*Gets popcorn*

:)

Doubtful you'll beat Sununu to it.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 10:58 AM
So, when they break the rules when they change the rules, does that invalidate the rules change?

jkr
08-25-2012, 11:49 AM
scum!

they deserve to lose!!!!

ClydeCoulter
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
So, when they break the rules when they change the rules, does that invalidate the rules change?

hmmm, maybe they'll change the rule retroactively so that it is not a rule for him to stay an hour and collect the minority report?

edit: I mean, what's a rule for?

Badger Paul
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Governor Muffin-Head strikes again!

F3d
08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fadbb13ecad042637000005/ashley-ryan-ron-paul-delegate.jpg

Please tell me she's single.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 12:06 PM

Please tell me she's single.

Not sure, but she's only 21 so the chances are good. Liberty minded too.

Youngest elected National Committeewoman in the nation.

donnay
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
This is not surprising at all. Just shows how powerful we are when they cut and run!

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Not sure, but she's only 21 so the chances are good. Liberty minded too.

Youngest elected National Committeewoman in the nation.
That's quite remarkable, I surely wasn't ready at 21 to fulfill such a role. In fact, I'm stunned to hear this and I thought I knew it all. She's got a bright future ahead of her in GOP politics.

Paulistinian
08-25-2012, 01:43 PM
So does this mean the rule changes have been nullified?

Barrex
08-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Update?

I appreciate posting original news but I would appreicate even more if posters on this site would follow up and not just post this happend and then total dark and silence.

sailingaway
08-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Update?

I appreciate posting original news but I would appreicate even more if posters on this site would follow up and not just post this happend and then total dark and silence.

we don't know. Since then the gop used a trivial hurricane to text RNC delegates that they won't be meeting Monday, yet Fox says they will meet to get nominating Romney out of the way, and AP quotes Priebus as saying they will meet briefly and then adjurn until Wednesday (skipping both the day of Rand's speech and the day of Ron's tribute video, don't know what will happen there.) So it seems as of last night our delegates didn't know except from us reading the news that there WAS going to be a meeting Monday. Conventions always start with credentials certification and rules adoption. Mics and bullhorns were not allowed in the cavernous room. Even with our delegates there, getting objections heard will be tough (I suggested the 'occupy' mic check if things are desperate). We don't know if they plan to read the minority report, and I doubt it. I have suggested to delegates that they coordinate with other delegations to get non Paul delegations to know the substance of the rule changes. Just like the govt used 9/11 for centralized and police state power grabs some had been trying to get for a long time, Romney's attorney in rules committee used the specter of the dreaded Paul to push through rules changes almost ALL states will end up regretting because it transfers all the power to the national RNC.

I HOPE the minority report is being printed in quantity and spread by hand over the weekend. Or pushed under people's doors at the hotels.

So the essence is, we have no clue if anything meaningful has happened since then.

libertyjam
08-26-2012, 10:18 AM
The following is a report made by a delegate that has been there all week at committee meetings, these rule changes have a many, many people up in arms both there and here at home, including long time mainstream party members:

Manipulating concerns of many in the party mainstream over the success Ron Paul's supporters had becoming delegates this cycle, the DC insiders led by the Romney campaign are staging a complete takeover of the national Republican Party from the conservative wing and ensuring they will never lose power again. Romney campaign attorneys and other operatives ran a large set of changes through the convention rules committee yesterday, the vast majority of which were not discussed prior in the RNC Standing Rules committee. Two changes stand out far beyond the rest and MUST be defeated on the floor of the convention if we do not want to see the grassroots shut out of the party for decades to come. First, the committee voted to allow the RNC to make rule changes between conventions, with little to no checks or balances. The original threshold proposed was 2/3 of the entire RNC. Melinda Fredericks of Texas got this changed to 3/4, but as Morton Blackwell of Virginia noted, in his many years on the RNC he has never seen a situation where the chairman did not get what he wanted on a vote, regardless of threshold. This article dicusses that change, and is accurate to what I observed in the committee meeting: Second, the committee voted to dramatically restrict who can be elected a delegate to the national convention. ALL STATES now are required to pledge ALL delegates, and all national delegates must be approved by the candidate they are pledged to. As originally proposed the candidate had to pre-approve people before they could run, but this was changed to instead give candidates veto power over elections. Attempts to carve out exceptions for caucus states that have party rule requiring they not pledge some delegates failed. I'm pleased to say our representatives on the committee opposed this one as strongly as anyone did, with Butch Davis saying that stopping it was "a hill to die on". David Barton ran for the Platform Committee so that he could make sure the Romney campaign would not successfully gut the platform--that kind of speech or position will never be tolerated in the future if this stands. Morton Blackwell and others are leading efforts to defeat this via minority reports on the floor. We NEED to make sure either those pass or the entire report is voted down so we stay with the 2008 rules. PLEASE help us inform the delegates and put pressure where needed to stop this. This is not a "Ron Paul vs mainstream GOP" thing, this is a complete party takeover by the DC insiders we may not be able to reverse if it succeeds. The last form of the adopted language I have available is below--we don't have access to the official report yet but unless I missed something this is it. New rule inserted as number 12: "The Republican National Committee may, by three fourths (3/4) vote of its entire membership, amend Rules 1-11 and 13-24. Any such amendment shall be considered by the Republican National Committee only if it was passed by by a majority vote of the Standing Committee on Rules after having been submitted in writing at least ten (10) days in advance of its consideration by the Republican National Committee and shall take effect thirty (30) days after adoption. No such amendment shall be adopted after September 30, 2014."

This is the article referred to:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/romney-executes-republican-party-power-grab

libertyjam
08-26-2012, 10:23 AM
we don't know. Since then the gop used a trivial hurricane to text RNC delegates that they won't be meeting Monday, yet Fox says they will meet to get nominating Romney out of the way, and AP quotes Priebus as saying they will meet briefly and then adjurn until Wednesday (skipping both the day of Rand's speech and the day of Ron's tribute video, don't know what will happen there.) So it seems as of last night our delegates didn't know except from us reading the news that there WAS going to be a meeting Monday. Conventions always start with credentials certification and rules adoption. Mics and bullhorns were not allowed in the cavernous room. Even with our delegates there, getting objections heard will be tough (I suggested the 'occupy' mic check if things are desperate). We don't know if they plan to read the minority report, and I doubt it. I have suggested to delegates that they coordinate with other delegations to get non Paul delegations to know the substance of the rule changes. Just like the govt used 9/11 for centralized and police state power grabs some had been trying to get for a long time, Romney's attorney in rules committee used the specter of the dreaded Paul to push through rules changes almost ALL states will end up regretting because it transfers all the power to the national RNC.

I HOPE the minority report is being printed in quantity and spread by hand over the weekend. Or pushed under people's doors at the hotels.

So the essence is, we have no clue if anything meaningful has happened since then.

I just messaged all of the RP delegates from our district about the cancellation being a ruse, also the forecast for the hurricane has now been shifted west, so Tampa is out of any official projected path, they might get wet, but winds should not be more than a typical storm, less than 39 mph.

libertyjam
08-26-2012, 10:57 AM
bump

wgadget
08-26-2012, 01:02 PM
So HOW is the MSM going to explain that the vote was taken on Monday, if they have said that Monday was canceled?

Or is the vote NOT going to be taken on Monday?

libertyjam
08-26-2012, 01:26 PM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/25/rnc-to-delay-start-of-tampa-convention/
Organizers of the Republican National Convention have postponed the Monday start of the four-day event in Tampa, Fla., because of approaching Tropical Storm Isaac.

The convention will convene Monday as scheduled, then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Saturday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/08/24/rnc-chair-previews-convention-firing-barack-obama-saving-america-and-hiring-mitt-romney#ixzz24gJiKNn
HANNITY: Worried about the weather a little bit?

PRIEBUS: No, we feel really good about where we're at. We just met with the National Weather Service, we don't see any scenario that we are not the starting this convention on Monday, getting our business done and starting this thing off. So, it's a good launch, firing Barack Obama, saving America and hiring Mitt Romney, that is what we are going to do.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker/2012/isaac

Or is the vote NOT going to be taken on Monday?

Who knows? Only the RNC knows for sure, If they see that there are not enough people there to put up a fight they could Open Session, move to accept the Rules and Credentials Committee Reports, gavel a close in 15 min., then there would be nothing to fight over when they reconvene.

michaelwise
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM

When we get done with Hannity November 5th, he'll be mumbling every other word out of his mouth over and over again, Obama, Obama, in some insane asylum.

sailingaway
08-26-2012, 01:54 PM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/25/rnc-to-delay-start-of-tampa-convention/
Organizers of the Republican National Convention have postponed the Monday start of the four-day event in Tampa, Fla., because of approaching Tropical Storm Isaac.

The convention will convene Monday as scheduled, then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Saturday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/08/24/rnc-chair-previews-convention-firing-barack-obama-saving-america-and-hiring-mitt-romney#ixzz24gJiKNn

PRIEBUS: No, we feel really good about where we're at. We just met with the National Weather Service, we don't see any scenario that we are not the starting this convention on Monday, getting our business done and starting this thing off. So, it's a good launch, firing Barack Obama, saving America and hiring Mitt Romney, that is what we are going to do.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker/2012/isaac

Who knows? Only the RNC knows for sure, If they see that there are not enough people there to put up a fight they could Open Session, move to accept the Rules and Credentials Committee Reports, gavel a close in 15 min., then there would be nothing to fight over when they reconvene.

'getting our business done' HAS to mean at least adoption of rules report and credentials report. I'd say nomination if they can.

wgadget
08-26-2012, 01:59 PM

When we get done with Hannity November 5th, he'll be mumbling every other word out of his mouth over and over again, Obama, Obama, in some insane asylum.

You mean November 6th? Did I miss something that's going on November 5th?

Paulistinian
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
I am praying for our people in Tampa... I trust them.

wgadget
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
What REALLY doesn't make sense is IF THERE IS NO WEATHER THREAT, WHY ARE THEY STARTING THE CONVENTION ON MONDAY AND THEN SHUTTING IT DOWN FOR A DAY OR TWO???

That's just weird.

libertyjam
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
'getting our business done' HAS to mean at least adoption of rules report and credentials report. I'd say nomination if they can.

Exactly.

Barrex
08-26-2012, 02:07 PM
What REALLY doesn't make sense is IF THERE IS NO WEATHER THREAT, WHY ARE THEY STARTING THE CONVENTION ON MONDAY AND THEN SHUTTING IT DOWN FOR A DAY OR TWO???

That's just weird.

Maybe they are hoping that some of Ron Paul delegates will quit. All those costs of hotels, food etc. are pilling up and ..... actually I dont know but have few minutes to kill before Rons speech so...

michaelwise
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Think Trevor Lyman.

georgiaboy
08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
rock and roll.

Seems the other national delegates are beginning to get a taste of what the RP Revolution has been experiencing for the last several years now.

I gotta good feeling about this.