PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Editors anti-Ron Paul

rp08rp
06-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I dont understand why people arent up in arms over this

An anti Ron Paul VLog STUCK on the front of the News and Politics section AFTER they rejig the whole website to get rid of category honors

http://youtube.com/categories_portal?c=25&e=1

All the other videos there are positive

WAKE UP EVERYONE

goldstandard
06-21-2007, 07:15 AM
They are preparing for the user generated questions for the next debate.

graystar
06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
The need to change the name to chosenforyoutube.com

Bob Cochran
06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
WAKE UP EVERYONE
I'm wide awake, and not believing what I see in our economy, in politics, in foreign affairs.

Youtube cannot be controlled. Whoever runs it (Google) has all the control. We can rant against it all we want; or maybe get out from behind our computers and campaign for Ron Paul the old-fashioned way. Who is willing to show up in Iowa on June 30th, holding "Where Is Ron Paul?" signs?

And, if we live well but haven't given the full $2,300, we don't really care about getting him elected.

rp08rp
06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
They are preparing for the user generated questions for the next debate.

I dont understand.

They removed category honors, A HUGE HELP to raise and bring Ron's message to passer-by's on the Most Viewed page
and they place that negative STICKY on the front of the N/P section.

Its unreal

DXDoug
06-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Yep pretty expected from them

dspectre
06-21-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm wide awake, and not believing what I see in our economy, in politics, in foreign affairs.

Youtube cannot be controlled. Whoever runs it (Google) has all the control. We can rant against it all we want; or maybe get out from behind our computers and campaign for Ron Paul the old-fashioned way. Who is willing to show up in Iowa on June 30th, holding "Where Is Ron Paul?" signs?

And, if we live well but haven't given the full $2,300, we don't really care about getting him elected.

Agreed.

Bison
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm not seeing any anti Paul vlog. I think we need to check ourselves to make sure RP supporters are not over reacting to every perceived slight against RP or his campaign.

We don't want to be seen as cry babies.

rp08rp
06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm not seeing any anti Paul vlog. I think we need to check ourselves to make sure RP supporters are not over reacting to every perceived slight against RP or his campaign.

We don't want to be seen as cry babies.

GO TO NEWS/POLITICS CATEGORY

YOUTUBE EDITOR PICK:

"RON PAUL IS FULL OF SHIT"

Bison
06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
OK I see it. I watched part of it. No big deal. Thats his opinion. It was more of a rant anyway. Rants generally turn people off.

No worries.

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
This is why it's important to try and get categories back.

CJLauderdale4
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
It's YouTube's game. We need to find a way to play it. It's when we're not allowed to play, like what happend to Ron in Iowa, is when we need to get upset.

mconder
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think Ron Paul ever said he favors zero taxes. Who will pay for the schools, doctors, etc...? The people using these services!

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
It's YouTube's game. We need to find a way to play it. It's when we're not allowed to play, like what happend to Ron in Iowa, is when we need to get upset.

There have been updates in the past and people flooded them with messages... they then got rid of the updates. People have also gotten users unbanned. If enough people protest their decision to get rid of categories they'll bring them back. It's the market; if they know they'll lose people over this they'll change it.

joenaab
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
If you're expecting YouTube and Google to not be owned and operated by the same groups that own and operate all of MSM, you will be dissappointed. They purchase and infiltrate every enterprise that gathers a large following and "harmonize" it into the fold to suit their agenda (that is, if they weren't behind it's formation from the very beginning, as they were with Google via providing the venture capital at startup).

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
If you're expecting YouTube and Google to not be owned and operated by the same groups that own and operate all of MSM, you will be dissappointed. They purchase and infiltrate every enterprise that gathers a large following and "harmonize" it into the fold to suit their agenda (that is, if they weren't behind it's formation from the very beginning, as they were with Google via providing the venture capital at startup).

Google didn't start up youtube and didn't give any money to start it. If enough people bitch they'll change it. I guarantee it.

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
GO TO NEWS/POLITICS CATEGORY

YOUTUBE EDITOR PICK:

"RON PAUL IS FULL OF SHIT"

The real thing I don't get, and forget for a moment whether or not it is pro or against Ron Paul, but this video has only two and a half stars. You would think they would want the most popular video, like four stars at least. :confused:

iamso910
06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Does anyone have an email or phone contact for youtube?

There are over 3,000 videos about and pro Ron Paul, and just a few that are critical. This particular video is probably the most blatant slur ever posted there.

It is offensive and unfair for the editors to select this video for promotion.

Youtube deserves to hear our complaints.

LibertyOrDie
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
This is why it's important to try and get categories back.

They are back! :D

joenaab
06-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Google didn't start up youtube and didn't give any money to start it. If enough people bitch they'll change it. I guarantee it.

No, they didn't, nor did I say that. Google itself was started with venture capital from the CIA and there are CIA members on its board. Google is a publicly traded company so the media moguls are able to take ever larger positions via stock purchase and place more members on its board so that they can choose the executives who run the company and in that way influence policy. Google saw that YouTube was getting the eyeball traffic that I spoke of, and they bought it, as I pointed out.

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
They are back! :D

They’re gone again :(

I hope they're working on it and that's why it keeps popping up.

Shmuel Spade
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
They’re gone again :(

I hope they're working on it and that's why it keeps popping up.

Most likely explanation.

jd603
06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I am voting the other campaign videos down and posting "Go Ron Paul 2008!" in the comments and/or pointing out bad things about the other candidate.

I notice the videos are getting voted down rather fast... heh

winston84
06-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't now if you've noticed this either, for instance today the "Ron Paul on Bloomberg" video was posted but when you do a search for it, it does not show up. Whether you type the exact title of the video or type Ron Paul and sort by date. Whats goin on?

jd603
06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
This might be that their indexing for the search is slow, You could try posting an unrelated video and see if it shows up any faster...

Shmuel Spade
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
You could also try a google search with YouTube as one of the keywords.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Oh, he's an idiot. "Who pays for the doctors?" Duh. How about the patients?

Shmuel Spade
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, he's an idiot. "Who pays for the doctors?" Duh. How about the patients?

Product of NHS. Go figure.