PDA

View Full Version : Romney Fears Ron Paul Forces at GOP Convention; Wants to be Nominated Early (Morning Joe)

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK83BVtYpZQ

'They don't want the appearance that there are any Ron Paul folks unhappy with Mitt Romney....'

what's the 'troublemaker tent?'

luctor-et-emergo
08-25-2012, 01:35 AM
what's the 'troublemaker tent?'

The jail they just emptied ?
Just guessing...

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Yeah, don't want folks voicing their opinions and for them to be heard. Rah-rah, North Korea! Fuck yeah, Party apparatchiks.

CaptainAmerica
08-25-2012, 01:41 AM
you have to be FLIPPIN KIDDING ME! Romney is a freakin dictator.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cmhxVsjRlog/T99FpOx5qtI/AAAAAAAACjA/yJ8tkulvjgY/s640/ROMNEY%2BROOT.jpg
Romney is evil.

kpitcher
08-25-2012, 02:12 AM
The clip says journalists just waiting for controversy. Well I think the RNC just gave some reporters lots of potential controversy. I expect any dem leaning journalist to sink their teeth into a 'The RNC had to force states to accept RMoney'. Wonder what the daily show will say.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Who would want this POS for President? Not I.

I am seething!!!

coastie
08-25-2012, 02:49 AM
That's not very Mormon of him...must be uncomfortable to identify with him for his fellow Mormons. Or maybe not, not a peep from them on his behavior as of late.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2012, 03:01 AM
I doubt many know exactly what happened. The way the few news stories were written made it sound like our delegates were won in some kind of fishy manner. Those who actually read them would probably think, oh ok, the RNC was only setting it right, and then just go on with their day.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2012, 03:04 AM
The clip says journalists just waiting for controversy. Well I think the RNC just gave some reporters lots of potential controversy. I expect any dem leaning journalist to sink their teeth into a 'The RNC had to force states to accept RMoney'. Wonder what the daily show will say.

I so do hope they say something. Not that it will do any good, but right now I would like some immediate gratification of embarrassing some of the RNC power brokers.

ClydeCoulter
08-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Okay, so our delegates behave really well on Monday. Nominate Ron Paul from the floor if you can, but don't be rowdy (do it orderly but precisely).
Then, come Tues......the press is there, ................the world can know that we are _not_ happy with Romney nor the RNC's behavior.

gte811i
08-25-2012, 05:50 AM
That's not very Mormon of him...must be uncomfortable to identify with him for his fellow Mormons. Or maybe not, not a peep from them on his behavior as of late.

Not true, I'm LDS (mormon) and I think his behavior is deplorable. I went from thinking Romney was someone who was a good guy that I seriously disagree with to someone who is a crook over the past week. My Dad (LDS) thinks his behavior is un-Christian like and my Mom (LDS-voted for him in the primary, yet went to the conventions to vote for RP) is becoming convinced she will vote GJ. She still wants to hold out hope that he is fooling everyone. That he is playing the game and will get in and be someone different. Slowly but surely, I'm convincing her he is just like the rest.

kathy88
08-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Not true, I'm LDS (mormon) and I think his behavior is deplorable. I went from thinking Romney was someone who was a good guy that I seriously disagree with to someone who is a crook over the past week. My Dad (LDS) thinks his behavior is un-Christian like and my Mom (LDS-voted for him in the primary, yet went to the conventions to vote for RP) is becoming convinced she will vote GJ. She still wants to hold out hope that he is fooling everyone. That he is playing the game and will get in and be someone different. Slowly but surely, I'm convincing her he is just like the rest.

+rep keep it up :) I love your parents, by the way :)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Not true, I'm LDS (mormon) and I think his behavior is deplorable. I went from thinking Romney was someone who was a good guy that I seriously disagree with to someone who is a crook over the past week. My Dad (LDS) thinks his behavior is un-Christian like and my Mom (LDS-voted for him in the primary, yet went to the conventions to vote for RP) is becoming convinced she will vote GJ. She still wants to hold out hope that he is fooling everyone.

Well, he's fooling some people, but surely not everyone. lol

jointhefightforfreedom
08-25-2012, 08:52 AM
We need this Video Viral !

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 08:54 AM
I so do hope they say something. Not that it will do any good, but right now I would like some immediate gratification of embarrassing some of the RNC power brokers.

I agree there has to be payment for this.

seyferjm
08-25-2012, 09:09 AM
There is a "Victory Rally" here in Ohio today. I'm sure he'd hate to celebrate only to feel dumb at the convention.

Rand was at it too :( 8:30 am in Powell.

http://romneyryanohiorally-fbookadohio.eventbrite.com/

Liberty74
08-25-2012, 09:38 AM
To the female who spoke in the video, Biden has bailed on going to Tampa.

Liberty74
08-25-2012, 09:44 AM

On the surface, there is a lot of difference rhetorically between the two parties. Behind the scene, they're exactly the same on major policy issues many which have been talked about. It's why nothing changes. Romney is not playing "the game" to then go "gotcha" after elected. He is bought and paid for by the same people Obama is.

Your parents seem to be slowly waking up. We need an avalanche of people waking up.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 09:48 AM
To the female who spoke in the video, Biden has bailed on going to Tampa.

They are calling a state of emergency for Florida, I have read. Delegates still encouraged to come. Probably just normal course when a hurricane is coming but some part of me wonders if they want to discourage some of the 93 media outlets attending Ron's rally Sunday, particularly since networks won't broadcast Monday, anyhow.

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I doubt many know exactly what happened. The way the few news stories were written made it sound like we our delegates were won in some kind of fishy manner. Those who actually read them would probably think, oh ok, the RNC was only setting it right, and then just go on with their day.
Sadly this. But for some around these parts we repay that MO by turning tail and running. Only a chump gets figuratively or literally slapped in the face and doesn't pledge to themselves to right the situation no matter how long it takes.

Dr.3D
08-25-2012, 09:56 AM
On the surface, there is a lot of difference rhetorically between the two parties. Behind the scene, they're exactly the same on major policy issues many which have been talked about. It's why nothing changes. Romney is not playing "the game" to then go "gotcha" after elected. He is bought and paid for by the same people Obama is.

Your parents seem to be slowly waking up. We need an avalanche of people waking up.
You are very correct. The things that really count will not change.
Does anybody expect Romney would abolish the NDAA and/or the PATRIOT act? I for one don't.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
You are very correct. The things that really count will not change.
Does anybody expect Romney would abolish the NDAA and/or the PATRIOT act? I for one don't.

He specifically said at a debate that he would have signed NDAA. And the GOP rejected adding abolition to the platform.

Grindleader
08-25-2012, 10:12 AM
The jail they just emptied ?
Just guessing...

Ha. They should use that empty jail for the GOP and Romney along with many many other corrupt liars and cheats from the RNC.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
We simply must not let them get away with this with no repercussions. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is, but I do know the best revenge will be to beat them in the end.

Let this be what woke the sleeping dragon.

NDGirl1959
08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Gary Johnson, anyone???

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Gary Johnson, anyone???

for those who like him. Others can write in Ron or vote for all but president, letting the difference between the voting number and the number of votes for president stand as a vote of no confidence

NDGirl1959
08-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I have read that write ins are not accounted for in CO, my thought is by voting GJ at least the GOP will receive the message that RP supporters did not fall in line and vote for the 'lesser of 2 evils'. Do I have the wrong perception? I am very torn right now, the situation in Tampa has my stomach in knots. Went to the movie last night, 2016: Obama's America just a vote for the lesser of 2 evils once again. The GOP needs a good slap in the face to wake up these old, party line dinosaurs (coming from a 53 yr. old almost dinosaur). :confused:

WhistlinDave
08-25-2012, 11:41 AM
We simply must not let them get away with this with no repercussions. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is, but I do know the best revenge will be to beat them in the end.

Let this be what woke the sleeping dragon.

Does anyone know if there could be any truth to the allegations that Romney took foreign campaign contributions?

There's this story about it, with a clip from Fox News that implies he did...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/08/12/foreign-cash-disqualifies-romney-from-presidential-bid/

So last night I sent this to the FBI with a message saying something along the lines of,

"Hello, please investigate this. I don't know if it's true, but if it's true this is a VERY serious crime that threatens the national security and the sovereignty of the United States. Please look into this!

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/08/12/foreign-cash-disqualifies-romney-from-presidential-bid/

Thank you."

This is the link to report a crime tip to the FBI:
https://tips.fbi.gov/

I don't know if will do any good but I wouldn't put it past him to do this. He and his campaign people think they can do whatever he want. Maybe the FBI can uncover proof and throw all of them in Federal prison.