PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Delaware!

iFree
08-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, greetings from Delaware! You know... that big bustling metropolis on the east coast. Yes, I come from a state that is pretty evenly divided politically between Grand Ol' Party and Democrat voters. But, I am 100% for libertarianism. I am a rising senior at the University of Delaware pursuing an honors accounting major and I have loved Ron Paul ever since first hearing him speak on television in 2008. Back then, I was 18 and really didn't follow the news or politics. In Middle School, I was voted most likely to be president by the other students in my grade, but I really felt a disdain for politics until I turned 18 and until I really started waking up to the situation our country was in.

Ron was on TV talking about gas prices in 2008, which had risen by a lot in a short period of my time, and as a struggling high school student, I felt the burn and wanted answers. Ron Paul just made sense. He made so much sense that both I and a friend at my college decided to start an official Libertarian Student Club at the University of Delaware. I am currently Vice President of the club, and we have had Gary Johnson by to speak for our group once so far. Four years later, I love to learn about and practice libertarian ideals. I recently started downloading iTunes podcasts of the Peter Schiff Show and just got my second shipment of silver bars and coins, whereas so many of my friends are living just enjoying college. I love being in school, but staying informed is key for me now more than ever.

But yep, I'm in it for the long haul, and my goal is to try to spread a message of personal freedom and liberty across this country and political system. I feel that a massive economic collapse is on the near horizon, and I try to help educate people on the dangers of continuing to act economically, politically, and personally reckless as the United States economy and political system near a breaking point. It will be a necessary collapse, and I hope we can all make it through and be stronger because of it.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on... and on, I hope to start getting involved in the online community and this is the first step! :D

KCIndy
08-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome! :D

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the forums. There is a good group of folks in Delaware who you can network with in the future and you are not far from my group here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. If you ever feel like coming down to a meeting than message me or network with "Mid Shore Campaign For Liberty" on Facebook.

kathy88
09-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Welcome! And I'd take up Jdmyprez' offer. They have a great group. Very active. Enjoy all the reading. You should be done in 6 years or so :)

oyarde
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, greetings from Delaware! You know... that big bustling metropolis on the east coast. Yes, I come from a state that is pretty evenly divided politically between Grand Ol' Party and Democrat voters. But, I am 100% for libertarianism. I am a rising senior at the University of Delaware pursuing an honors accounting major and I have loved Ron Paul ever since first hearing him speak on television in 2008. Back then, I was 18 and really didn't follow the news or politics. In Middle School, I was voted most likely to be president by the other students in my grade, but I really felt a disdain for politics until I turned 18 and until I really started waking up to the situation our country was in.

Ron was on TV talking about gas prices in 2008, which had risen by a lot in a short period of my time, and as a struggling high school student, I felt the burn and wanted answers. Ron Paul just made sense. He made so much sense that both I and a friend at my college decided to start an official Libertarian Student Club at the University of Delaware. I am currently Vice President of the club, and we have had Gary Johnson by to speak for our group once so far. Four years later, I love to learn about and practice libertarian ideals. I recently started downloading iTunes podcasts of the Peter Schiff Show and just got my second shipment of silver bars and coins, whereas so many of my friends are living just enjoying college. I love being in school, but staying informed is key for me now more than ever.

But yep, I'm in it for the long haul, and my goal is to try to spread a message of personal freedom and liberty across this country and political system. I feel that a massive economic collapse is on the near horizon, and I try to help educate people on the dangers of continuing to act economically, politically, and personally reckless as the United States economy and political system near a breaking point. It will be a necessary collapse, and I hope we can all make it through and be stronger because of it.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on... and on, I hope to start getting involved in the online community and this is the first step! :D Greetings , and good luck !