PDA

View Full Version : NH Primary

TheRothbardian
11-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Something I have been wondering for sometime is the "official" date for the NH primary. I know the Iowa Caucus is a little before the NH primary at this moment but what is the likelyhood that NH will move up and what is the current primary date for NH. Thanks.

And thanks to Mr. Lepard for the ad, a true patriot! I can't wait to see it!

kylejack
11-18-2007, 04:43 PM
They won't move before Iowa, so expect it to be after 1/3 but before 1/11. 1/8 is the most probable date.

There is no current reliable date.

ross11988
11-18-2007, 04:52 PM
The closer to the holidays the better. I wish it was before Iowa.

TheRothbardian
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
They won't move before Iowa, so expect it to be after 1/3 but before 1/11. 1/8 is the most probable date.

There is no current reliable date.

I'll play the devil's advocate and ask: can we really expect Dr. Paul to get 1st or 2nd in Iowa? He did do 5th in the straw poll and much has changed but, given his position, can we expect a good performance? Also, I'd expect radio and tv ads might help out as well.

Badger Paul
11-18-2007, 05:44 PM
He can at least get third place which will good enough in the eyes of the media. McCain has basically tanked his Iowa campaign and staked everything on New Hampshire. Thompson isn't going to do anything. In Iowa its between Romney and Huckabee for first and Paul and Guliani for third. Finishing ahead of Guliani would make Paul a significant candidate in everyone's eyes by then.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll play the devil's advocate and ask: can we really expect Dr. Paul to get 1st or 2nd in Iowa? He did do 5th in the straw poll and much has changed but, given his position, can we expect a good performance? Also, I'd expect radio and tv ads might help out as well.

I don't expect him to, though I hope he does. Caucus is a pain in the ass, so I figure that's a natural advantage for our dedicated supporters. Really hurting us is evangelicals, the corn subsidy zealots, and etc.

Jimmy
11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
My question is are Ron Paul tv ads running as frequently in New Hampshire? Seems they should be running them hard with the extra money obtained right? Any feedback from NH folks?

ronpaulyourmom
11-18-2007, 05:51 PM

I think the goal for Iowa is 3rd. We're pretty much tied for 5th right now, according to the somewhat inaccurate polls anyway. I think we have to take 3rd though, if we're gonna have a go at this race overall.