PDA

View Full Version : Monkey See Monkey Moneybombs...

AdoubleR
11-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay, I admit... it was me that became the 67th donor on http://www.fredsgivingday.com/ ... I just couldn't help it :D... Am I the only one dropping phanton pledges to these pretenders???

I did the equivalent of 1000 sit ups laughing at Obama's money bomb result... I know it's not good to gloat, but what they hell are they thinking???... They're not even grassroots... They're Astro Turf... LOOOOOOOOOOOL...

And to those worrying about the lack of funds comming in now for the campaign: think of it as the Tsunami effect...

All the water gets drawn out to sea for a moment of eerie quiet only for it to all come pounding in... We're gonna flood the campagin on the 16th... So only donate if you can really afford to before then...

AFTER THINKING IT OVER AND A FEW RESPONSES... I HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART... WHAT WOULD THE DR. DO? Not what I did.. So I don't condone it... Sorry :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
If you can afford to, save it, and do it on the 16th. :)

winston_blade
11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah, nobody does grassroots fund raisers like candidates with grassroots. I hope Fred flops. How much did Obama raise with his thing?

kylejack
11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Don't do phantom pledges. That's so tacky, and invites them to do it to us.

ItsTime
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Just under $5,000

yeah, nobody does grassroots fund raisers like candidates with grassroots. I hope Fred flops. How much did Obama raise with his thing?

AdoubleR
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM

Less than 5 thousand...

TheNewYorker
11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm officially number 68. LoL

hopeforamerica
11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm officially number 68. LoL

Uhm...stop and think. What would Ron Paul do? Not this. It's not mature, and it's not going to help our cause.

tmg19103
11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't do it. It also invites more to pledge to Fred the more pledges they see. Jeez

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't do it. It also invites more to pledge to Fred the more pledges they see. Jeez

+1

francisco
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM

+1

American
11-18-2007, 04:54 PM
That must be a gag site or something, one thing 68 pledges was a few days ago and look at Freds face he looks like someone is goosing him ffs

http://www.fredsgivingday.com/fredinflorida350.jpg

ionlyknowy
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
This is too funny.. everyone is asking "what would Ron do" (WWPD)

In the Christian community we say "what would Jesus do" (WWJD)

Ron Paul will never fill that void in your life... he may fill it for a short while, but it is not sustainable.

Jesus is the only one that can fill that void forever, the only thing that will quench your thirst... :D

kylejack
11-18-2007, 05:01 PM
This is too funny.. everyone is asking "what would Ron do" (WWPD)

In the Christian community we say "what would Jesus do" (WWJD)

Ron Paul will never fill that void in your life... he may fill it for a short while, but it is not sustainable.

Jesus is the only one that can fill that void forever, the only thing that will quench your thirst... :D

Take that crap to church and stop prosletyzing here.

seapilot
11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
On freds official site it says "Hope for North America" is that freaky or what?

ionlyknowy
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Take that crap to church and stop prosletyzing here.

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Get a sense of humor, asshat.

**sirens** Oh no the Churchstapo is here...

Oh and get a life, with over 5,000 posts since May of 2007.. you must live on this message board. Oh wait, it all makes sense now, NO SOCIAL SKILLS...lol

ValidusCustodiae
11-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Oh and get a life, with over 5,000 posts since May of 2007.. you must live on this message board. Oh wait, it all makes sense now, NO SOCIAL SKILLS...lol

I agree with kylejack.

Why would a Christian resort to name-calling if someone doesn't accept their prepackaged message?

It's not a big surprise people are turned off by organized religion when its followers act in such ways.

ionlyknowy
11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I agree with kylejack.

Why would a Christian resort to name-calling if someone doesn't accept their prepackaged message?

It's not a big surprise people are turned off by organized religion when its followers act in such ways.

Show me where the bible says I cant call someone a name...

I'm sorry that you are turned off by me calling someone a name, if that is all it takes for you to be turned off, then there was no hope to begin with.

It says in the bible that you should love your neighbor and treat others how you would want to be treated.

Now if I made the statement that he made to me then I would expect that something would be thrown back at me.

I forgive him for saying it, but someone has to tell him to calm down, it was just a humorous post.. if you dont like it then dont read it.

Plus, Christians do not claim to be perfect. That is WHY we need Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Really Christians are no different than anyone else, except if they are a Christian then they want to be like Jesus and not sin... not that they are always successful in this endeavor... Actually they are never successful, humans will always sin.

So when you see a Christian proclaim to be so, and then you see them sin a minute after, then you must realize that they are only human. And ALL humans sin. Even Christians. That is what so many non believers dont understand. Christians come off as always judging others, but then behind closed doors they commit the same wrongs.
Being a Christian, you are against sin, but humanly urges cause you to sin anyways.. and this is where people get confused and think it to be hypocritical.

ladyliberty
11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Do not post phantom pledges on other people's moneybombs sites - it is childish and immature and just plain wrong. Laughing at their efforts is okay, but phantom pledges is wrong.

What goes around comes around as my grandpa used to say.

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Come on! What would Ron Paul do?

He always says "youve got to have fun doing it!"

Obama raised a little less then $5k in 24hrs.........

The CNN Carol Costello.." That means his (RP`S) supporters dropped $182,500 per hour
$3,042 per second!

Its ok to have a little fun isnt it?:D

ladyliberty
11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Show me where the bible says I cant call someone a name...

I'm sorry that you are turned off by me calling someone a name, if that is all it takes for you to be turned off, then there was no hope to begin with.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

llamabread
11-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Arguing on an online forum= Not getting votes for Ron Paul

Menthol Patch
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Some of you are donating to Fred's campaign?

Cindy
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
This is the sort of stuff giving ALL RP supporters a bad name.

I'm glad you recanted on it. Like others said;

1) We do not want anyone doing that to us or this post being posted at another candidates forum giving them fuel to trash us with. It's not nice- we can set a better example of clean and honest grass roots campaigning.

2) People like to join band wagons. Why make his look bigger encouraging more to jump on board? That's a shoot yourself in the foot strategy.

3) We should be keeping our attention on what gets RP the nomination.

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM

No issues mate:D:o

Man, we can get snippy on this board at times. It all good though, its called passion with a little ego thrown in for fun!!

Menthol Patch
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Did some of you actually donate to Fred?

If so, that is disgusting.

AdoubleR
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
This is the sort of stuff giving ALL RP supporters a bad name.

I'm glad you recanted on it. Like others said;

1) We do not want anyone doing that to us or this post being posted at another candidates forum giving them fuel to trash us with. It's not nice- we can set a better example of clean and honest grass roots campaigning.

2) People like to join band wagons. Why make his look bigger encouraging more to jump on board? That's a shoot yourself in the foot strategy.

3) We should be keeping our attention on what gets RP the nomination.

For everyone arguing, kindly read Cindy's post above!!!

kylejack
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM

I guess this must be the What Would Jesus Do that you preach.

Take your hypocritical prosletyzing elsewhere.

TheNewYorker
11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
On freds official site it says "Hope for North America" is that freaky or what?

where does it say that? I can't find it anywhere

ionlyknowy
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

I guess this must be the What Would Jesus Do that you preach.

Take your hypocritical prosletyzing elsewhere.

It says in the bible that you should love your neighbor and treat others how you would want to be treated.

Now if I made the statement that he made to me then I would expect that something would be thrown back at me.

I forgive him for saying it, but someone has to tell him to calm down, it was just a humorous post.. if you dont like it then dont read it.

Plus, Christians do not claim to be perfect. That is WHY we need Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Really Christians are no different than anyone else, except if they are a Christian then they want to be like Jesus and not sin... not that they are always successful in this endeavor... Actually they are never successful, humans will always sin.

So when you see a Christian proclaim to be so, and then you see them sin a minute after, then you must realize that they are only human. And ALL humans sin. Even Christians. That is what so many non believers dont understand. Christians come off as always judging others, but then behind closed doors they commit the same wrongs.
Being a Christian, you are against sin, but humanly urges cause you to sin anyways.. and this is where people get confused and think it to be hypocritical.

ladyliberty
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM

A simple "I'm sorry" would have sufficed - apology accepted

Have you been to www.christiansforronpaul.com yet?

kylejack
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM

I am not a Christian and do not subject myself to the teachings of your holy book. You presumably are, so the teachings are binding on you.

The only flaw in this argument is that it wasn't humorous in the slightest, and no one complimented you on your great joke.

Plus, Christians do not claim to be perfect.
True, but shouldn't they strive for a sinless life? Are you admitting that your response to me was a sin? If not, what's the point of saying Christians aren't perfect?

That is WHY we need Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Really Christians are no different than anyone else, except if they are a Christian then they want to be like Jesus and not sin... not that they are always successful in this endeavor... Actually they are never successful, humans will always sin.

So when you see a Christian proclaim to be so, and then you see them sin a minute after, then you must realize that they are only human. And ALL humans sin. Even Christians.
When you lash out at someone and sin in the middle of prosletyzing, it does not help your god's cause. You should strive not to sin when you are in the middle of trying to convert people.

This apologism doesn't really make sense to me, because you haven't even confessed that lashing out at me was a sin. Was it or wasn't it?

ionlyknowy
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not a Christian and do not subject myself to the teachings of your holy book. You presumably are, so the teachings are binding on you.

The only flaw in this argument is that it wasn't humorous in the slightest, and no one complimented you on your great joke.

True, but shouldn't they strive for a sinless life? Are you admitting that your response to me was a sin? If not, what's the point of saying Christians aren't perfect?

When you lash out at someone and sin in the middle of prosletyzing, it does not help your god's cause. You should strive not to sin when you are in the middle of trying to convert people.

This apologism doesn't really make sense to me, because you haven't even confessed that lashing out at me was a sin. Was it or wasn't it?

Ok Griff, I once visited Houston and I really didn't like it much..

Oh wait, wrong thread..

no really, sorry for calling you names, I take it all back. And you are right, I should never talk about my religion in a public forum.

Oh and by me saying sorry to you, this does not mean that I admit it was a sin. I know that you didn't like it, so by apologizing I was trying to be nice to you.

"If not, what's the point of saying Christians aren't perfect?"
I was merely trying to dispel the notion that Christians are hypocrites by their sinful actions. Not that my action was a sin. You just said that my action "hurts my cause" meaning you view my action as a sin.

So I was responding as if it was a sin, kind of a worst case scenario for you to digest. I was trying to show you that even if it was a sin, it shouldn't "hurt my cause"

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok Griff, I once visited Houston and I really didn't like it much..

Oh wait, wrong thread..

no really, sorry for calling you names, I take it all back. And you are right, I should never talk about my religion in a public forum.

PLEEEEEZZZZ! Deep Breathes you two.....relax.

The Holidays are around the corner.....maybe thats causing a little more tension than usual.

You both know that if you met for the first time, face to face, at a RP rally you would like and respect each other whats different here? :)

MozoVote
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
If you sign up on another candidate's list, then you should give money. Don't be a frick'in poser.

It's not inherently bad to give money to two candidates if you really think both are good choices... But I don't think that's what was being advocated a few posts ago. Stay off their lists if you're not serious.

stewie3128
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I have a theory:

The only people that support Fred Thompson are people that either look like Fred Thompson, or look like they could be Fred Thompson's wife.

TechnoGuyRob
11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a theory:

The only people that support Fred Thompson are people that either look like Fred Thompson, or look like they could be Fred Thompson's wife.

Hot blond chicks support Fred Thompson? O.o (you know what his wife looks like, right?)

Voice
11-18-2007, 07:01 PM
He got $5000 in a day! Thats over six cents per second!

DealzOnWheelz
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
$0.36/minute thats a good deal on a long distance call

Doc Dewey
11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
One of the things I really enjoy about this forum is the positive, constructive focus
that we all put towards Ron Pauls campaign. Putting down the other guy and
negative talk does nothing towards our goals. Remember, the other guy is lurking
here and will use anything we say against us. If you check out all the other forums
and Hannity ect. You will see how sane and mature this group is compared to the rest.
Face it, the others guys just don't get the Ron Paul message.

RonPaulFever
11-18-2007, 10:42 PM
This thread is an embarrassment to Ron Paul and to the grassroots movement.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Cyclone
11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Wow. What a terrible thing to do. You do realize this is a public forum? Are you trying to destroy our efforts for Dec. 16? What if they all do that to us? What if they publish your childish idea? Ron Paul doesn't have enough trouble with his supporters? I wish to god that little joke of yours was considered a contract and you would have to go through with it.

I agree with all the people here who have some sense, kyle, RonPaul, and others. Sorry, can't remember all the names.

Can we please remove this thread? Why do we have to allow people to freely express their desire to commit fraud and encourage others to do it too?

If someone suggested that we all steal would we have to keep that up too because we never take down anything anyone says?

Does freedom of speech include the freedom to encourage crime? I don't understand why this is still up. This is not about Ron Paul, this is not what Ron Paul supporters encourage and this has NOTHING to do with getting Ron Paul elected. So, can't we put this in file 13?

Or should we start a new section of ways to derail the campaign and make us all look like crap?

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 01:13 AM
This is a sickening display of immaturity and I'm embarassed to be a part of this forum right now. I like to think that I set a good example for others to follow, but apparently it's not rubbing off. Ron Paul would never advocate something as low as this. In fact, he would say,"We need to look at what we do through the perspective of what would happen if somebody else did it to us!"

anotherone
11-19-2007, 03:15 AM
I must agree with the above two posters. We are not here to try to screw with other's grassroots campaigns. It it just so bad on several levels. It makes us look like jerks and gives them sympathy and drive. Lose/lose situation for us.

To the new posters who have done this, I hope you stick with Ron Paul, but please observe how the members here conduct themselves, and attempt to focus their energy on positively promoting Ron.

rockwell
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
MY GOD THAT PIC OF FRED ON THE FONTPAGE OF THAT SITE IS SO FUNNY IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

"lOOK SAD, FRED, LOOK HUNGRY, LOOK LIKE YOU NEED SOME MONEY."