PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: RNC Pulling Out All Stops To Keep Ron Paul's Name Out Of Nomination

jct74
08-23-2012, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvszfnOSY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvszfnOSY8

Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at how the RNC is attempting to change the 5 state rule and decredential the entire Maine delegation only 4 days before the Republican National Convention

NIU Students for Liberty
08-23-2012, 09:28 PM
While the campaign appears to be going along with it...

kpitcher
08-23-2012, 09:41 PM
If I was a voter in one of the states without delegates even being seated I'd be beyond livid. Elections cost money - local workers, printing, etc. So every place that handled elections spent money that was worthless. Wonder how long before we hear of any lawsuits against state chairs or the RNC to recoup the cost.

low preference guy
08-23-2012, 10:18 PM
kickass

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 10:19 PM
kickass

Yeah, I put it on the front page.

dillo
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
So it all comes down to MAINE?

coffeewithchess
08-23-2012, 10:49 PM
He named VA as one, VA was not one...unless we somehow all missed that?

Last I saw, there was only ONE RP delegate from VA.

affa
08-23-2012, 11:08 PM
i wish i could say the behavior of the GOP was shocking, but...

but yea. absolutely disgusting. I still cling to the hope that something wonderful goes down in Tampa. Nomination from the floor (best case, obviously), but I'd even take a one-by-one ejection of people taking turns chanting 'Ron Paul', I don't care... something. Something more than the dog and pony show the establishment is trying to force down our throats.

sailingaway
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM

Last I saw, there was only ONE RP delegate from VA.

no, VA Was not one, but there are a heck of a lot more than one delegate for RP from Virginia. We won a majority of the ones from the CDs but only 4 from the state convention part of it, so not the majority overall.

CPUd
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM

I thought the same thing at first. But maybe the RNC watches Reality Check and tries to go decertify Virginia's delegates now...

RickyJ
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
So it all comes down to MAINE?

And Oregon, RP doesn't have a majority from Virgina. LA was stolen from us, as was Oklahoma and Arizona. Not sure about Alaska, but that was probably stolen too.