PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: Abortion not states' call

freelance
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071118/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee;_ylt=AonlmPboR14C6qsuLvq6X7Ws0NUE

AP article, so no quotes.

foofighter20x
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
"For those of us for whom this is a moral question, you can't simply have 50 different versions of what's right," [Huckabee] said in an interview on "Fox News Sunday."

So... I wonder if his next step would be to have a national age of consent law.

jb4ronpaul
11-18-2007, 04:45 PM
So... I wonder if his next step would be to have a national age of consent law.

huh? Does he want the federal government take over all crime, take that away from the states control? Isn't that kind of scary, another shot at killing our republic.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't think abortion is a government rights issue at all. I think it is murder and it should be treated as such, but thats just me.

Dary
11-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Poor Hucky. He just doesn't understand that we don’t all share the same morals.

Is it that he :

A.) is just too stupid to understand?
B.) is the type of person that wants to impose his beliefs on everyone else?
C.) has no respect for the Constitution and therefore no respect for states rights?
D.) all of the above.

I'm going with D.

bbachtung
11-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Huck does not apparently take the oath to uphold the Constitution seriously. So, if he were sworn in as president he would cross his fingers behind his back while swearing to God that he would "preserve, protect, and defend" the Constitution.

Badger Paul
11-18-2007, 05:41 PM
But we can have 50 definitions of first degree murder? Excuse me?

Be like us or else. That's Huckabee's domestic policy.

Corydoras
11-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Frankly, this is just an excuse to MAXIMIZE the number of abortions.

The chances of a nationwide ban on abortion are just about nil. But if jurisdiction of abortion were given back to the states, the number of abortions would go down in states where it was made illegal. Lives would be saved.