PDA

View Full Version : Romney lawyers took away Ron Paul's win in Maine making Paul ineligible [appeal pending]

AngelClark
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Mitt Romney's campaign and allies have effectively quelled the Ron Paul revolution at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. On Thursday, the 168-member Republican National Committee approved a report that invalidated Ron Paul's claim to a plurality of delegates in Maine. The RNC voted to split the at-large delegation in half. In order to be eligible for nomination for president, a candidate needs to have a plurality of delegates in five states. Ron Paul had five, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Maine. Without Maine, he now has four.

The RNC attempted to raise the number of states a plurality was needed in to 10 on Wednesday, but that amendment was denied. The attempted raise to 10 states angered many who claimed that the only reason the RNC would try this would be to block Ron Paul from possibly stealing the nomination at the convention. Despite that amendment being blocked, the RNC and Mitt Romney seem to have accomplished what they wanted.

Continue Reading: http://exm.nr/ObyOtx

CAN THEY DO THIS??? WTF - I knew they were scared, but really????

torchbearer
08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Mitt Romney's campaign and allies have effectively quelled the Ron Paul revolution at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. On Thursday, the 168-member Republican National Committee approved a report that invalidated Ron Paul's claim to a plurality of delegates in Maine. The RNC voted to split the at-large delegation in half. In order to be eligible for nomination for president, a candidate needs to have a plurality of delegates in five states. Ron Paul had five, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Maine. Without Maine, he now has four.

The RNC attempted to raise the number of states a plurality was needed in to 10 on Wednesday, but that amendment was denied. The attempted raise to 10 states angered many who claimed that the only reason the RNC would try this would be to block Ron Paul from possibly stealing the nomination at the convention. Despite that amendment being blocked, the RNC and Mitt Romney seem to have accomplished what they wanted.

Continue Reading: http://exm.nr/ObyOtx

CAN THEY DO THIS??? WTF - I knew they were scared, but really????

the election is a farce. they proved it.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
There is an appeal on Friday I believe and then Monday it may go to the whole RNC if they can get a motion for them to be seated passed.

RickyJ
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Ron Paul had five, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Maine. Without Maine, he now has four.

This is wrong. Ron Paul has Iowa, Minnesota and Nevada as well.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 05:59 PM
He has Oregon but they are trying to say the Ron Paul alternates shouldn't be seated so their appointed alternates should, making the GOP chair the party delegation on their never before heard --and nowhere backed in OR rules -- theory that you combine alternates with delegates to determine who the over all delegation is and they have a majority of that even though they have a minority of Delegates.

And they just changed the RNC rules saying to nominate from the floor you have to show in writing that you really control the delegation. I don't know the precise new language, but I think it might have been tailored to try to take Oregon out.

Ron never had a majority in Mass, he had a majority OF THOSE CHOSEN IN THE CDs. The party appoints the rest, and he always had a minority. In any event they knocked a bunch of those out, and just knocked out LA.

Our chance for five as I see it is: IA, ME, MN, NV and OR at this point, and OR and ME are both being challenged with the initial idea being to mandate cutting the ME delegation in half when that supports NEITHER theory of cheating or no cheating. Our Maine delegates are holding tough.

AngelClark
08-23-2012, 06:00 PM
That's according to Politico, so their states, they claim, are from the campaign. Sailingaway, do you have any links to the appeal info? I'll add that to the article.

AngelClark
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm seeing an appeal for Louisiana, but nothing for Maine.

torchbearer
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm seeing an appeal for Louisiana, but nothing for Maine.

Dear SCC Members and National Delegates and Alternates,

I am writing from Tampa to update you on the resolution to the
Louisiana delegate challenge.

In a multi-state agreement between Romney and Ron Paul supporters,
sixteen Louisiana delegates, including a number of state party leaders, were not
seated. All of our alternates were seated.

The RNC has informed us they will be providing each of our
unseated delegates with passes to attend the convention.

Below is a list of the delegates who were duly elected, but not seated:

Jason Dore
Jonathan Johnson
Anne Price
Scott Wilfong
Rhett Davis
Joel Digrado
Warren Montgomery
Jeff Giles
Timmy Teepell
Mark Ulrich
Lenar Whitney
George White
Bryan Wagner
Mike Collier
Allee Bautsch
Karen Connolly

The people on this list are some of my closest friends and have helped
to build this party through the years. This is a huge disappointment.

However, a majority of Louisiana's 46 votes will now be cast for Mitt
Romney in Tampa and our state will be very proud. The Ron Paul team
has now withdrawn its remaining challenges nationwide and we hope to
have a united convention.

I will provide you more details as they become available.

Thank you for your continued dedication.

Roger
Roger Villere, Jr.

Chairman

Republican Party of Louisiana

530 Lakeland Drive, Ste. 215

Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Office: +1 225.389.4495
Facsimile: +1 225.389.4493

Email: rvillere@lagop.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The accompanying message is intended solely for the use of the recipient designated above. Document(s) transmitted herewith may contain information that is confidential and privileged. Delivery, distribution or dissemination of this communication other than to the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

??

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
That's according to Politico, so their states, they claim, are from the campaign. Sailingaway, do you have any links to the appeal info? I'll add that to the article.

here's one but it isn't the best, there was another that quoted one of our delegates saying they would appeal Friday and if that didn't work see if they could find people to bring a motion to seat them before the whole RNC and if that didn't work they would sit down and talk over what they should do next. But here is the quote from this article:

Paul supporters plan to appeal that recommendation before the convention’s Credentials Committee, which meets Friday.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/RNC-announces-new-slate-of-Maine-delegates.html

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
LOL. All the 'politics is the only way' folks must be shatting bricks. Can't say I'm surprised, in fact, I'd be surprised if elections mattered. Politicians, that's where the 'smart' criminals are employed.

Something something Stalin quote...or something?

Monotaur
08-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks RNC. After all the time and money we spent promoting one of your candidates, you go and pull this. Well, if you don't want my vote now, I'm not giving it to you later.

I tried to find an ASCII art image of someone flipping the bird, but nothing survived the formatting of the text box. :(

Simon
08-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Does anyone still believe that it's possible to create change through the established political system?

RabbitMan
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes. We're going to be taking over a lot of state parties in the next few years. A CRAP TON of PCO slots that were vacant in WA have been filled with RPers, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. Combined with the delayed reaction of the effects of our wins in LA, ME, etc.., we're going to see a gradual shift to Liberty. Just give it time. This still sucks ass though.

WhistlinDave
08-24-2012, 02:47 AM
If even one single duly elected delegate from Maine is not ultimately seated after the appeal, they have damages. As in, money spent on a plane ticket and other expenses in order to participate in the political process in good faith only to have those expenses wasted at the hands of a corrupt party that defrauds its own members.

Now, while these damages may not add up to very much and wouldn't really teach anybody a lesson, THE PUNITIVE DAMAGES COULD ADD UP TO A LOT. If you have actual damages, that allows you to being the suit... But it's the punitive damages that are designed to teach a lesson to those who have broken the law.

I firmly hope and pray that anyone and everyone who was unseated sues the living fuck out of the GOP and RNC. I hope there is a class action lawsuit asking for millions of dollars in punitive damages.

Is that being vindictive and not being a good team player? Oh, those poor fucking babies, maybe they should've thought of that before defrauding their own party members and trying to ram "Romney Unity" up everyone's asses.

Pardon my French. I hope everyone who has even a penny in damages sues the living fuck out of these mother fuckers.

ronpaulhawaii
08-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Yes. We're going to be taking over a lot of state parties in the next few years. A CRAP TON of PCO slots that were vacant in WA have been filled with RPers, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. Combined with the delayed reaction of the effects of our wins in LA, ME, etc.., we're going to see a gradual shift to Liberty. Just give it time. This still sucks ass though.

+rep

moostraks
08-24-2012, 07:02 AM
+rep

I think both of you are awesome for trying to keep the hope alive but for me I think that ship has sailed...

Liberty74
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM
the election is a farce. they proved it.

I totally called it from the beginning. The establishment's pick Romney would prevail and no way in hell would the system or in this case the RNC allow a Ron Paul to win. It's one of the reasons I have always advocated a different route. Yet I get attacked by many on RPF despite the obvious.

jbauer
08-24-2012, 08:33 AM
If Rmoney is so bullet proof on his policies, stances and everything else why do they even CARE about Ron Paul. Is he such a week canddiate that he can't take a 15 minute speech which most of us could write? Its basically going to say audit the fed, shrink the govt, stop the wars. If thats not what teh GOP is then I'm switching to the Libertarian party.

mport1
08-24-2012, 08:53 AM
LOL. All the 'politics is the only way' folks must be shatting bricks. Can't say I'm surprised, in fact, I'd be surprised if elections mattered. Politicians, that's where the 'smart' criminals are employed.

Something something Stalin quote...or something?

Yep, I hope this will teach at least some people that politics in itself will never help us achieve liberty.

Monotaur
08-24-2012, 08:55 AM

Colorado too. We are now positioning ourselves to counter a move by the establishment to change our caucus system in our county to something that favors them.

I know it's slow, but it's progress. Nothing happens overnight.

Barrex
08-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Pretty annoying and counterproductive people who spam "GIVE UP" and dont give viable alternative are. - Yoda (or was it me?)

Ron made a plan:Take back GOP. Plan is working(Iowa,Alaska,Nevada, etc).

Alternative (?)= give up. let republicans decide your future and future of your children.

Every day there is more of us and less of them (old people) - someone else not me

sunsense
08-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Yes, the RNC and Romney camp throwing us a few crumbs whilst shafting us. Don't give up, get even.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387081-Don-t-give-up-get-energized-and-involved

Revenge is a dish served cold.

SludgeFactory
08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm confused. Of all the states I thought Maine was solid. What grounds did they use to be able to get by with this?

CPUd
08-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm confused. Of all the states I thought Maine was solid. What grounds did they use to be able to get by with this?

Our people got more votes than theirs at the state convention.

wgadget
08-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Hmm. "Romney lawyers"....Aren't they the ones who will be determining our foreign policy should Mittens win the Presidency?

CPUd
08-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Hmm. "Romney lawyers"....Aren't they the ones who will be determining our foreign policy should Mittens win the Presidency?

The particular lawyer in question is an expert on recounts and 'pregnant chads'.

brandon
08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
How does Rand sleep at night knowing he endorsed this?

brandon
08-24-2012, 11:51 AM

Yes. This is the same group that Romney promised would explain the constitution to him after he gets in office.

SludgeFactory
08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Our people got more votes than theirs at the state convention.

I get that, but what is their "official" excuse?

sailingaway
08-24-2012, 04:06 PM

they had no grounds so they said 'split the delegation as a compromise' based on nothing, and then the GOP chair (it doesn't change until December) puts them over the top to a majority losing Ron control.

SludgeFactory
08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
they had no grounds so they said 'split the delegation as a compromise' based on nothing, and then the GOP chair (it doesn't change until December) puts them over the top to a majority losing Ron control.

I'm not understanding what there was to compromise...I guess this whole thing has blown my mind so much. I can't understand how they are so easily able to get away with this kind of behavoir.

sailingaway
08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm not understanding what there was to compromise...I guess this whole thing has blown my mind so much. I can't understand how they are so easily able to get away with this kind of behavoir.

I hope they don't get away with it, but that may be an after the fact project, unfortunately.