PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed a pattern here?!

dspectre
06-21-2007, 07:00 AM
I've been a RP junky like many of you. I've noticed something weird that has came up.

No matter who speaks to Ron Paul, MSM or detractors, they give these arguments why RP is not a legitimate candidate.

1. RP doesn't have money, so he isn't a viable candidate(Of course there is still over half a year to the actual primaries, so this is just spin).

2. RP support doesn't show up in the "scientific" Polls, therefore, no one really supports him.

I imagine this one may start hear more soon, I haven't seen it gain traction, but I have heard it from a few people in the MSM.

3. RP supporters are fringe, and therefore it is not a legitimate campaign.

Now, I'm not one to claim that there is incontrovertible evidence that there is a particular group doing this. That is extremely difficult to prove, and it's kind of a waste of time for what we are trying to accomplish.

However, one who understands how propaganda works, knows that by repeating the same thing over and over again, people will eventually believe it is true. Make no mistake, this is being done intentional and that is why these people keep on saying it over and over again.

I don't have the time or the skills, but someone needs to make a video of this repetition to expose what is going on....I think it could potentially be a great video for the cause.......I wish I could do it, because I would....

briatx
06-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Just about every time Ron Paul is mentioned in the media, I hear the words "no chance to win" soon afterwards.

Does anyone else know if other "2nd tier" candidates have been labed "no chance to win" campaigns? Hunter, Tancredo, Gravel, Kuchrich?

CJLauderdale4
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
We need the skills of an Avaroth to put such media together!!
Avaroth!! Where are you?!?!?

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
That's okay. It's early yet. They won't notice the avalanche until it crashes on their heads. :D

FluffyUnbound
06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I think the other thing that's telling is the very fact that Paul supporters are enthusiastic is depicted as demonstrating that the campaign isn't serious.

Because in the upside-down Bizarroworld of American politics, the more sincere and thorough your support of a candidate or governing philosophy, the more suspect you are.

MsDoodahs
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I suspect the MSM and TPTB haven't quite gotten their brains around the size and scope of the movement. Literal tyrants have problems with this sort of thing. ;)

They're using the tools that have worked in the past. The problem they're facing today is that those tools don't fully take into account the power of the internet.

As they make these attempts to diminish Dr. Paul in the mainstream press mouthpieces, those who know about/use the internet have the ability to see for themselves - by reading Dr. Paul's EXTENSIVE record.

The fun part is that once someone hears some bozo on the tube say crazy stuff about Dr Paul, and that someone then goes online and reads stuff from 1996 that Dr. Paul wrote, then that someone realizes...

HE IS BEING LIED TO BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

There's no better way to have the man behind the curtain revealed for lots of someones to see.

MSM is shooting themselves in both feet every time they go up against Dr. Paul, because when they do, more and more and more someones wake up from their slumber.

:D :cool:

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Just about every time Ron Paul is mentioned in the media, I hear the words "no chance to win" soon afterwards.

Does anyone else know if other "2nd tier" candidates have been labed "no chance to win" campaigns? Hunter, Tancredo, Gravel, Kuchrich?

No, but then again, are they getting the coverage that Dr. Paul is getting? Hard to tell for me, because I'm not searching for every opportunity to hear THEM speak, like I am with Dr. Paul. :D

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
We need the skills of an Avaroth to put such media together!!
Avaroth!! Where are you?!?!?

AGREED! Avaroth is the man!

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I just posted about this in another thread so am cut and pasting. I think this is a very important topic that needs to be addressed and corrected. Here's my cut and paste post:

There is one thing that bothers me though and has for awhile.

I get the feeling that Ron Paul under-estimates his support and what it really means to have gone virtually viral on the internet and how that translates into numbers of voters. There are many indicator's I could cite, but this one is the granddaddy of them all:

Ron Paul has consistently been in the top ten of most discussed subjects on the internet. This is according to Technatori whose purpose is to track these things.

He ranks higher than MySpace, he ranks higher than Paris Hilton, he ranks higher than YouTube or anything else you can think of. He IS in the top ten most talked about subjects on the internet and has been for the past several weeks since I have been monitoring Technatori.

Describing Ron Paul as "popular" is a gross understatement. Ron Paul NOT being popular is NOT the problem. Either intentionally or by ignorance of those making the accusations, mis-diagnosing his popularity is the problem.

My hope is that Ron Paul begins to understand what being in the top ten most talked about subjects on the internet really means and that he can correct the accusations of "not having a chance" when brought up in interviews, debates, etc.

Leaving the perception of him not having a chance will discourage those voter's who don't think they can make any difference by voting for him, which is a hell of a lot of them.

For some reason, Technorati, seems to be having technical problems and is not showing their top ten right now, but here is a screen shot I took a few days ago of the top ten most talked about subjects on the internet and top ten internet searches:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Yekt40/Ron%20Paul/PaulTechnatori.jpg

Who is Technorati?

Welcome to Technorati
Currently tracking 86.8 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media.

Technorati is the recognized authority on what's happening on the World Live Web, right now. The Live Web is the dynamic and always-updating portion of the Web. We search, surface, and organize blogs and the other forms of independent, user-generated content (photos, videos, voting, etc.) increasingly referred to as “citizen media.”

But it all started with blogs. A blog, or weblog, is a regularly updated journal published on the web. Some blogs are intended for a small audience; others vie for readership with national newspapers. Blogs are influential, personal, or both, and they reflect as many topics and opinions as there are people writing them.

Blogs are powerful because they allow millions of people to easily publish and share their ideas, and millions more to read and respond. They engage the writer and reader in an open conversation, and are shifting the Internet paradigm as we know it.

On the World Live Web, bloggers frequently link to and comment on other blogs, creating the type of immediate connection one would have in a conversation. Technorati tracks these links, and thus the relative relevance of blogs, photos, videos etc. We rapidly index tens of thousands of updates every hour, and so we monitor these live communities and the conversations they foster.

The World Live Web is incredibly active, and according to Technorati data, there are over 175,000 new blogs (that’s just blogs) every day. Bloggers update their blogs regularly to the tune of over 1.6 million posts per day, or over 18 updates a second.

Technorati. Who's saying what. Right now.

jj111
06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Ron Paul has said at recent rallies that he never expected this much response, and that he is starting to understand the power of the Internet. I think Ron Paul gets it, and I think Ron Paul knows that he does have a serious chance of winning the presidency.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I think it would be a good idea to put some internet states together for the campaign manager to see so he can wrap his head around how wildly viral he has gone. I've looked at many indicators and i can tell you beyone a shadow of a doubt that every indicator I have looked at for the candidates, Ron Paul stands out like a GOP beacon.

This was posted in another thread ad I thin would be a great way to show other stats also to give to Ron's Campaign manager so he can properly instruct Ron Paul how to address the "not a chance in hell" subject.

http://doesitmatteryet.blogspot.com/...ts-062107.html

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Ron Paul has said at recent rallies that he never expected this much response, and that he is starting to understand the power of the Internet. I think Ron Paul gets it, and I think Ron Paul knows that he does have a serious chance of winning the presidency.

I was disappointed in his response to that question in today's NPR interview though. I'm kind of suspect that his campaign manager has time to look at any internet data to be able to pass on what it even means and how Ron Paul could address it when the subject is brought up.