PDA

View Full Version : Blowback from RNC shenanigans

Monotaur
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

I've been following the stupid RNC shenanigans and trying my best to stay abreast of recent developments. Well something happened this morning at work. It all started last week when I took a coworker out for a quick lunch. We decided that I'd drive, but only as long as he was ok with my political bumper stickers. He said he didn't know what kind but it'd be fine. Anyway that started a conversation (not easy or advised with a coworker) and I had the opportunity to explain our delegate situation. After a couple of minutes I could tell by his voice that he was bored but I kept on it since I was almost done and it was a very short car ride. Anyway, back to this morning, he said that he saw a news story about the delegates deal. Normally he said he would have ignored it, but since he had some background he paid attention. So I used the opportunity to explain that the GOP is changing rules, etc, just to exclude view points that they don't want to hear, etc. He was much more interested in it today (I think he just thought I was a Ron Paul weirdo before). I know he isn't a Republican, but the more we can get out the word about how the RNC behaves, the more we can change minds and educate folks.

Anyway, I thought I would share one positive think that has come out of the RNC shenanigans.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, an object lessen. We need to polish up our video, and ramp up the education going into November, if they cheat Ron out of his states.

ClydeCoulter
Thanks for sharing this with us, and especially with your coworker :)

coastie
Perfect example of never quitting. Good job. +rep

ninepointfive
08-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Ron Paul wierdo's unite!

What will we be known as moving forward? I was actually getting used to "Paul-Bot" or "Paul-Tard" =)

Natural Citizen
08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, an object lessen. We need to polish up our video, and ramp up the education going into November, if they cheat Ron out of his states.

Yep. Is why Ron placed a separation between changing the course of history and winning any election. Could be said that bibs are standard stock. Not pants.

Okie RP fan
08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Everyone MUST be on their best behavior in Tampa this weekend.

Act as how Dr. Paul would want you to! (But, have fun at the same time!)

acptulsa
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Everyone MUST be on their best behavior in Tampa this weekend.

Act as how Dr. Paul would want you to! (But, have fun at the same time!)

This doesn't mean roll over for shenanigans.

This means fight the duel with tradition, courage and style.

DGambler
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
There won't be any blowback. Most people aren't paying attention.

Monotaur
08-25-2012, 12:07 PM
There is more blowback happening. I am on an email chain with people in my local GOP stating their distaste for what went on. I'm not going to go into details, but it is a lot of what we are saying here. This wasn't smart of the Romney camp. At all.

But the bigger question, is this getting ANY airtime at all in the media? I don't have TV, so I don't know. Anyone?

erowe1
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
There won't be any blowback. Most people aren't paying attention.

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

sailingaway
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
There is more blowback happening. I am on an email chain with people in my local GOP stating their distaste for what went on. I'm not going to go into details, but it is a lot of what we are saying here. This wasn't smart of the Romney camp. At all.

But the bigger question, is this getting ANY airtime at all in the media? I don't have TV, so I don't know. Anyone?

some write ups in the left minor press (WaPo and Huff Po) and one piece in the NYTiimes but they put it in the context of stopping Paul, not what a huge institutional power grab it is,that I have seen.

The delegates in all delegations need to be aware of this because they barred filing of a minority report to give delegates on the rules change by simply having the person flee the building who was supposte to remain for an hour for such a report, to be followed by a vote to see if 25% adopted the minority report.