PDA

View Full Version : An Olive Branch to Sarah Palin and Ron Paul Supporters (Check it out)

radiofriendly
08-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Before you have a knee-jerk reaction, think about how this article (http://iroots.org/2012/08/22/sarah-palin-and-ron-paul-vs-romney-and-the-gop-establishment/) may help our Sarah Palin loving friends (if you have any) understand what the Ron Paul supporters are also going through right now with the snubbing by the establishment of the GOP. Judge Napolitano shared this link today. I've included a poll meant as an olive branch to conservative Sarah Palin supporters. Give it a glance:

It was an error for the Republicans to bring in New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie as the key speaker at their convention. While all of the excitement and adventure in politics in the last three years has been among conservatives, Christie is the great, faithless bet against conservatives’ future and a futile attempt to institutionalize the past.
http://iroots.org/wp-content/uploads/young-paul-supporter.jpg (http://iroots.org/2012/08/22/sarah-palin-and-ron-paul-vs-romney-and-the-gop-establishment/)

At CPAC events these last three years, up to 40 percent of young conservatives yearned for Ron Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano; STATES’ RIGHTS, SOUND MONEY AND CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT. The other 60 percent — the National Review crowd, the neocons, the Bush apparatus, the entire Eastern Conservative Establishment — could think only of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. Christie is their front man, as animated and clownish as a carny barker at the Dixie Classic. Going into the future, conservatives hold all the cards. But they chose the past…

Link and Poll: Should Sarah Palin and Ron Paul be welcomed to speak at the GOP convention?

http://iroots.org/2012/08/22/sarah-palin-and-ron-paul-vs-romney-and-the-gop-establishment/

After you vote, if you agree that this is good for our movement, please comment and bump the Daily Paul post on the subject:
http://www.dailypaul.com/250320/an-olive-branch-to-sarah-palin-and-ron-paul

ClydeCoulter
08-22-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't see how to vote in the poll, is it closed? I just see 38 yes, 1 no.

bunklocoempire
08-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Book the Monkees... to get Hendrix?

(no offense intended -I'm a Monkees fan myself -Hendrix too)

Mary, Mary, where are you goin' with this?

think about how this article may help our Sarah Palin loving friends (if you have any) understand what the Ron Paul supporters are also going through right now with the snubbing by the establishment of the GOP.

My many experiences with my Palin-fan family members and friends I will not discuss in your thread.

:confused:

What exactly is the goal of this? Is there a an actual movement to get Palin some mic time? Or?

TrishW
08-23-2012, 06:26 AM
I may be a bit odd, but I love them both! Ron Paul with Sarah as VP would be my personal dream ticket! I guess I love what the GOP hates? To me they are the ones that care about the average person.

Badger Paul
08-23-2012, 06:28 AM
And they think we're delusional.

cajuncocoa
08-23-2012, 06:33 AM
I voted yes since you put both of them together in the question.

I completely support the idea of having Ron Paul speak at the RNC. I believe he deserves that opportunity.

OTOH, I don't really care if Ms. Palin speaks or not.

Zarn Solen
08-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Palin should speak, not because I agree with her (on many cases I don't), but because she at least brings something different to the conversation. Romney doesn't like anything different, but the RNC should be about all types of Republicans coming together to work things out and promote their own ideologies, in addition to the nomination process.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Palin should speak, not because I agree with her (on many cases I don't), but because she at least brings something different to the conversation.

Flightiness. lol And I honestly don't mind a little flightiness... it takes the pressure off of everyone else.

Boss
08-23-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't mind Palin at all. I remember her supporting RP's debate performances on FNC and refusing to go along with the neocon narrative during the Republican Primary.

With that said, she's not POTUS material (which means she's not a VP either, imo), but she has better politics than most neocons.

Okie RP fan
08-23-2012, 09:02 AM
The issues with Sarah Palin were prevalent during the debate season. She'd throw us a bone or two while on Hannity, but, then take it right back with her next sentence. Granted, she was the only one who would openly discuss Ron Paul and his supporters. She seemed to see how strong we were and admired our passion, but, her contract with Fox News barred her from being overly positive about Dr. Paul or any of us. She was/is on a leash, albeit a long one. Plus, we've tried reaching out to her before when she was making her rounds during the debate season. Her response was endorsing Newt Gingrich in SC.

I liked Sarah Palin until she started showcasing her family and life on television. I thought she was genuine, but, I'm not so sure anymore. I think she has a very large and loyal following, much like ours but with less passion.

The fact that the establishment has snubbed her confuses me. She was supposed to be the new darling of the GOP. But, I guess she started going "rogue" on them, so, they decided to shorten that leash. I don't know if she's begun acting out at the establishment with her past few comments, or what. But, if she were genuine, she'd be quite a force to have on our side.

Even so, we would then have to compare policies and ideologies. For instance, Palin endorsed the big government Republican in the Oklahoma gubernatorial race in 2010 simply because she was a woman (Mary Fallin, which, some of you may know from the OK convention and her calling Ron Paul supporting delegates "Obama lovers") over the TRUE constitution candidate (Randy Brogdon).

So, there are many issues with Sarah Palin. But, she's a force, no doubt.

Ivash
08-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I honestly am glad that Palin isn't going to speak at the convention. Regardless of everything else her speaking would remind a lot of people about the 'ignorant Republican' trope. This would be doubly bad because of Mr. 'Legitimate Rape' Akin's recent troubles. That perception is probably why she wasn't invited.

cajuncocoa
08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
The issues with Sarah Palin were prevalent during the debate season. She'd throw us a bone or two while on Hannity, but, then take it right back with her next sentence. Granted, she was the only one who would openly discuss Ron Paul and his supporters. She seemed to see how strong we were and admired our passion, but, her contract with Fox News barred her from being overly positive about Dr. Paul or any of us. She was/is on a leash, albeit a long one. Plus, we've tried reaching out to her before when she was making her rounds during the debate season. Her response was endorsing Newt Gingrich in SC.

I liked Sarah Palin until she started showcasing her family and life on television. I thought she was genuine, but, I'm not so sure anymore. I think she has a very large and loyal following, much like ours but with less passion.

The fact that the establishment has snubbed her confuses me. She was supposed to be the new darling of the GOP. But, I guess she started going "rogue" on them, so, they decided to shorten that leash. I don't know if she's begun acting out at the establishment with her past few comments, or what. But, if she were genuine, she'd be quite a force to have on our side.

Even so, we would then have to compare policies and ideologies. For instance, Palin endorsed the big government Republican in the Oklahoma gubernatorial race in 2010 simply because she was a woman (Mary Fallin, which, some of you may know from the OK convention and her calling Ron Paul supporting delegates "Obama lovers") over the TRUE constitution candidate (Randy Brogdon).

So, there are many issues with Sarah Palin. But, she's a force, no doubt.
She's a force...but for whom? Barack Obama was once a force too.

Here's my concerns about Ms. Palin: I don't think we really know what SHE really believes; I tend to think that much of the stuff that has come out of her mouth over the past 4 years was first scripted by the McCain campaign, and then scripted by FoxNews. Maybe that's not really her, and perhaps that accounts for some of the stuff she says that just sounds strange.

I've seen her on Judge Napolitano's show (when he had a show :() and I would be hard-pressed to disagree with what she'd say on those occasions , but then a couple of days later she would show up on Hannity or at some Glenn Beck event, sounding just like a typical neocon. So I don't think I really know the REAL Sarah Palin. Too bad. I don't really care much for anyone who allows him/herself to be scripted that way.

That's why I love Ron Paul. He's the same no matter what show, no matter who is interviewing him.

And yes, the reality show stuff is a big turn-off with Palin and her family, too.