PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: US Marine Held In Mental Hospital Against Will Because Of Facebook Posts?

jct74
08-22-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMo6BrDbDQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMo6BrDbDQE

Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at the case of U.S. Marine Brandon Raub who is being held in a mental hospital in Virginia over Facebook posts

kathy88
08-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Alright. Which one of you guys is Ben? He HAS to post here. PM me dude. Your secret is safe with me.

Danke
08-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I might have to join Facebook now, just to post and fuck with them.

QuickZ06
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Alright. Which one of you guys is Ben? He HAS to post here. PM me dude. Your secret is safe with me.

This.

He is just too good at this to not be a member here. Besides I owe this guy a beer......keg!

Brian4Liberty
08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Ben missed the song lyric part...

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/swollenmembers/bringmedown.html

"Bring Me Down"
(feat. Saigon)

[Intro: Saigon]
You ever get the feelin
No matter what they do, no matter what they say
Know you'll make it, some day

[Chorus: Saigon - singing]
They'll say I'm a killer
I feel I'm as high as I can be
And now they gon' die as high as me
I can't be no realer
Y'all ain't gon' bring me down [3X]
I can't be no realer; y'all ain't gon' bring me down

[Saigon]
You know the feelin when your back is up against in the wall
People say that they love you but you ain't convinced at all
Tell 'em they full of shit and they'll tell you you're insecure
Calling you immature, does that make sense to y'all?
You ever feel like it's you against the whole world?
Like everybody is schemin even your own girl
Your homeboy seem to be countin your money
Tell em you ain't got it and he lookin at you funny
I'm feeling like I probably need to either leave the game alone
or either be the G to bang the chrome to get his name known
How does the Saigon story end? How?
Know what they're sayin for now?

[Chorus]

[Mad Child]
When Mad Child step on stage, I cause hysteria
Now they won't let my crazy ass back in America
Eagle labeled me as an illegal evil immigrant
I'm far beyond the magic of a wand inside a wizard's fist
Sharper than the hand of Edward Scissor's, I'm a wiz at this
Hotter than the desert but I'm colder than a blizzard kid
Harder than a prison bid, with God I'm never hesitant
My business it isn't as amazin as it's ever been
As long as God allows me to be clever it will never end
Sharpen up my axe and I am back, I'm here to sever heads
Compulsive obsessive, I'm also aggressive
My mouth is the message, my life is a lesson, my pulse is a blessing

[Chorus]

[Prevail]
If there's Hell below we're all gonna go; yo Curtis Mayfield
God and the devil still tryin to level the playin field
Some people sayin that this life is all about free will
I'd rather have free rent, and never pay these bills
That's why I'm thankful every day that I'm blessed with these skills
And Mad is still alive after swallowin all those pills
I ride for Saigon, New York to the Hollywood Hills
(The Greatest Story Never Told) is now yours to reveal
I feel like helium balloons are stuck up on the ceilin
Trying to make that breakthrough before I catch deflated feelings
Dying with a heart full of regrets is not amazing either
I'll just see the gatekeeper, or you meet the Grim Reaper

[Chorus]

[dub version of Chorus]

[Chorus - echoes at the end]

low preference guy
08-22-2012, 10:48 PM
watching Ben is a great reminder that something is being accomplished in the fight for liberty. the mere existence of his show is a good sign.

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2012, 11:16 PM
"and what did we ask this marine to fight for in the middle east in the first place?" ...bam.

donnay
08-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Great video! +rep

I wonder if the Oath Keepers are going to help him?

low preference guy
08-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Great video! +rep

the oath keepers are good people. they'll do what they can.

donnay
08-22-2012, 11:39 PM
the oath keepers are good people. they'll do what they can.

No doubt in my mind, the Oath Keepers are a good organization. I was just wondering if Stuart Rhodes has commented on this particular case?

bunklocoempire
08-23-2012, 12:23 AM
watching Ben is a great reminder that something is being accomplished in the fight for liberty. the mere existence of his show is a good sign.

Indeed. Always a breath of fresh air.

youngbuck
08-23-2012, 02:02 AM
It's time for a jailbreak. An egregious and affronting act of kidnapping and psychological and physical assault has been committed, and continues to be committed, against Brandon Raub. His pre-cime is the exercising of the 1st Amendment. May the perpetrators of this abuse have their feet held to the brutal fires of justice.

Appalachia
08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Can this child rape he talks about be really true? It's been bugging in my mind for the last few hours, makes me sick.

Lucille
08-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Thread: Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran Brandon Raub
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386987-Judge-orders-release-of-detained-Marine-veteran-Brandon-Raub

donnay
08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Great video! +rep

MESSAGE FROM STEWART RHODES, FOUNDER OF OATH KEEPERS:

Oath Keepers is coming to the aid of this young Marine veteran and our rallying cry will be “CHARGE HIM, OR RELEASE HIM.” We cannot allow “mental illness” designations to be used as a weapon against political dissidents in America. See the below article by Brandon Smith for the disturbing facts regarding the use of mental health detention against Virginia Marine veteran Brandon Raub because of his constitutionally protected free speech on his Facebook page. As Brandon Smith illustrates, this is exactly what the Soviet Union did to dissidents who dared to criticize the communist regime – they were labeled “insane” and carted off to mental wards. Now it has begun here in America. This is a blatant circumvention of constitutional criminal due process which is every bit as dangerous as being designated an “unlawful combatant” under the NDAA and taken away to a military brig for detention without charges. How is this any different? Mental health detention can be used in exactly the same way. This is an incredibly dangerous crossing of a critical line in the sand – the politicization of the mental health system, using it as a weapon against dissidents to punish them for their constitutionally protected political speech. This case is the camel’s nose under the tent, and we need to stomp on it HARD, right now. And we will.

Brandon Raub has very competent local legal counsel provided by the Rutherford Institute. If you would like to donate to his legal defense, go to https://www.rutherford.org/donate/ and be sure to add a note that your donation is for the Raub case. Oath Keepers has offered to write an amicus brief if the Rutherford attorneys think it will help, but our primary goal is to compliment their legal efforts with as many boots on the ground as we can muster to go there in person and rally in outspoken support of this brother veteran. While the case is being tried in the legal courts, we will try it in the court of public opinion and bring as much public pressure to bear as possible. Last night, Oath Keepers leadership, including both national and Virginia Oath Keepers leaders, spoke with Attorney John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute and also with Brandon Raub’s Mother, Cathleen Thomas. We will be coordinating closely both with his legal team and with his family to support Brandon in any way possible.

Last night I interviewed Cathleen Thomas about her son’s ordeal. Also on the interview was Oath Keepers Eastern U.S. Vice President Rand Cardwell (a Marine Scout-sniper veteran). You can listen to that interview here:

To download it, click on this link:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/aud/Stewart%20Interview%20with%20Cathle...

Cathleen also asked us to post this statement from her, about her son:

He’s a good-to-go Marine who understands he is in a situation where he is watched at all times and he knows they are looking for anything to use as a justification for what they are doing to him. He is disciplined, but please pray for his patience, and his stalwart faith. He knew that when he spoke up something like this could happen. He sensed it was coming, and yet he knew he had not just a First Amendment protected right, but also a DUTY to speak out.

We had conversations about what is going on in our country and then decided to do something about it. We formed the Richmond Liberty movement and held a rally November 15, 2011 and have been very active in the community since. We were always speaking out against legislation threatening rights, such as SOPA, and writing our legislators.

We thank every single man and woman in Oath Keepers for honoring the Constitution and we appreciate your support. – Cathleen Thomas.

[ turns out Cathleen is a subscriber to our email alert list, and has been a fan of Oath Keepers for some time].

As a dangerous assault on our Constitution, this is very similar to the New Hampshire “baby snatching” case, where a newborn baby was taken from her parents by child protective services only hours after birth, and one of the reasons listed in the affidavit was that the father, Jonathan Irish, was a “member of the militia group, Oath Keepers” (he was not actually a member, but he had been signed up on our free Ning page, and no, we are not a militia, but regardless, we could not let them get away with that use of the father’s constitutionally protected free speech and political associations to take his child). That too was a camel’s nose under the tent, and if allowed to stand would have been a very chilling precedent of using child protective services as a weapon against unpopular dissidents, to punish them for their speech and association by taking their children. That would have resulted in people chilling their own speech, sitting down and shutting up, for fear of losing their children. We called for a rally of Oath Keepers outside the courthouse, and Oath Keepers from around the country responded with boots on the ground The family had very competent local legal counsel, but there is no doubt that by holding a rally there we helped to put serious public pressure on the officials in New Hampshire to do the right thing. And they did, returning the baby to her parents.

We intend to do much the same here. There are already local liberty activists protesting outside of the Veterans Administration hospital in Salem, Virginia (where Brandon Raub was transferred last night, after a local magistrate rubber stamped his “preventive detention” and extended it for 30 more days).
Salem VA Medical Center

1970 Roanoke Blvd.
Salem, VA 24153
540-982-2463 | 888-982-2463

We urge you to participate in those ongoing protests, and we will also announce a date in the next week or so (likely over Labor Day weekend) when we will hold a special Oath Keepers muster there, to put as many active duty and veteran boots on the ground, on one day, to demand his release. The intent will be to compliment the already ongoing protests/rallies. Stay tuned for details. But don’t wait for that one event – get out there now, if you can, and urge others to do likewise.

We urge you to spread the word about this cases to everyone – every veteran, every concerned American, every website, every group – especially veterans groups and organizations – and also to put pressure on all public officials involved to do the right thing, and put pressure on federal officials and members of Congress, as well as the Obama Administration, to set this Marine free. Demand that they charge him or release him! And if you have contacts among current serving Marines at Camp Lejeune, give them a heads up and urge them to be in Salem over the Labor Day Weekend to stand for a brother.

This use of mental health services as a weapon is straight out of the DHS/SPLC playbook. Recall that Richard Cohen, the Chairman of the Southern Poverty Law Center, sat on the DHS Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism – making SPLC essentially part of DHS. In the published recommendations of that working group in 2010, addressed to the Secretary of Homeland Security, they specifically recommend that DHS use local social services, including mental health services to counter “violent extremism.” This case, just as with the Irish baby snatching case, is precisely what SPLC wants to see done to all of us pesky constitutionalists and liberty lovers on the political right in this country. They want, more than anything, to turn all of the apparatus of the state into a weapon against their political opponents, and above all, they want local police to be their tools of oppression, with their power coming out of the barrels of police guns.

We must defend this brother Marine, brother veteran, and fellow American. If we don’t, then we will be next, and once the “mental health” raids begin in earnest, we will be at the “Solzhenitsyn moment” when we will have no choice but to resist. Don’t wait till then. The time to stand is now. Sweat now, or bleed later. Stand up, step up, and show up now, right there in the streets of Salem, Virginia, by the hundreds or thousands, or you will have to step out onto battlefield America later. The choice is yours.

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/oath-keepers-to-rally-in-support-of-marine-veteran-brandon-raub-v

pcosmar
08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Can this child rape he talks about be really true? It's been bugging in my mind for the last few hours, makes me sick.

Yes. Known fact to any not willfully ignorant.

Franklin savings and Loan scandal
DC Madam
Who was that anti-gay crusader caught playing with boys?
Penn State
MK-Ultra child Prostitution
Shit,, lists go on.

seyferjm
08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
FB update from Ben just said Brandon will be released

kcchiefs6465
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
I can't stress this enough, Ben Swann is the last true journalist we have in this day and age. Period. God bless him in his fight for Liberty. I am proud to say we still have rational media in Ohio.. of all places. I would gladly pay to pick his program up where I am at but I am glad that he is such a true reporter that he uploads his videos for free. Anyone to second that he be paid Glenn Beck's salary and Beck be paid his? Ron Paul needs to appear on his show. Many Ohioans aren't quite ready for the truth, but it would definitely help. Albeit, for the next Liberty candidate to run, whether that be local, state, or to groom for the next POTUS.

phill4paul
08-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Ben Swann should be national syndicated.