PDA

View Full Version : GOP Leaders: Only Half of Maine's Ron Paul Delegates will be Seated

parocks
08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/23399/Default.aspx

parocks
08-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Late this afternoon, Republican leaders made it official: They would seat only half of the 20 delegates supporting Texas Congressman Ron Paul. The other 10, they said, will be decided by state Republican leaders who, by and large, favor Mitt Romney as the party's presidential choice.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
:mad:

FSP-Rebel
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Screw it, no deal. Go for broke then take Mr. Webster down a peg or two at the next state convention. POS

Agorism
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree. All these back room smoke deals should be rejected

Kodaddy
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Uh, no.

parocks
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm really pissed off. Being from Maine.

kathy88
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
At least there's grounds for a lawsuit in Maine.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm really pissed off. Being from Maine.I'm from Louisiana, I know how you feel.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2012, 07:50 PM
From Ben Swann via Facebook:

Info on the RNC delegate situation is still trickling in. I was told today by one of the "Massachusetts 17" that 5 of them have been re-instated. I have also been told that Maine delegates said "No deal" to giving up 7 of their slots. Meanwhile, a conservative talk radio host in Maine is reporting that 42 people have been contacted by the RNC, some of them not even nominated at the convention, and told to get ready to go to Tampa.
MORE TO COME....

Chester Copperpot
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
People who make peaceful change impossible ensure a violent change.

I think JFK said that..

Unfortunately, if this shit keeps happening people are going to be forced to take up arms.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Screw it, no deal. Go for broke then take Mr. Webster down a peg or two at the next state convention. POS

+1

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 07:53 PM
"This isn't the end of it because what's going to happen is the Ron Paul campaign is going to appeal this to the Credentials Committee, and they're going to take this all the way to the Credentials Committee, which goes into the weekend, perhaps even until Monday," Willis says.

Maine GOP Chairman Charlie Webster told the Assoicated Press that the national party's Committee on Contests determined that party rules were broken when a slate of 20 Ron Paul delegates was elected at the state convention in May.
That's when the wave of change washed over the Republican State Convention in Augusta. Paul supporters had been sparring with so-called mainstream Republican leaders backing Mitt Romney since March. Romney was declared the winner of the state's non-binding caucus, even though Paul lagged behind by less than 2 percent of the vote.

During the state convention, Paul supporters arrived early, and in large and highly-organized numbers. They seized control of the nominating process, and as a result, 20 of Maine's 24 delegates are Paul supporters. Mainstream GOP leaders filed a complaint with the Republican National Convention committee claiming the Paul delegates had been elected illegally. They then asked that the delegates not be allowed to be seated at the convention.

Willis says Paul supporters are united in their insistence that all 20 delegates be seated at the convention in Tampa. "It doesn't change our position," he says. "And our position has always been, 'Not interested, no deal.' And we expect to have all 20 delegates seated in Tampa, as we were duly elected at the convention."

The Paul supporters--many of whom are in their 20s, have struggled to come up with the $3,000 to $4,000 each will need for the four-day convention that begins next week. Eric Brakey, a Maine GOP delegate and Paul supporter who formerly directed the presidential candidate's campaign here, says this afternoon's decision by the RNC is a dramatic disappointment for Paul supporters.

"With flights and with hotels--you know, some people have to hire baby-sitters, and it really is a lot of money, it adds up," Brakey says. "This isn't the cheapest week to be in Tampa--hotel rates are marked up considerably with all the influx of people coming in. You know, every single person who was elected as a delegate is someone who's really put their heart and soul into this the last year."

Efforts to reach Maine Republican State Chair Charlie Webster by air time were unsuccessful. Willis and other Paul delegates continue to maintain that if all of the 20 Paul supporters are not seated, then none will be seated.

from the link in the OP

and there is this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386910-Conflicting-information-on-fate-of-Maine-s-GOP-delegates

Our Maine delegates are wonderful.

FSP-Rebel
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Ben is going to be made famous for his monitoring of this RNC delegate debacle. Now, need a way to make his vids go viral and really stick in the craw of the head honchos.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM

Oh, it wont take that long. I understand Charlie is up for reelection as Chair at the end of the year. And we have most of the committee that votes on that.

ChrisDixon
08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh, it wont take that long. I understand Charlie is up for reelection as Chair at the end of the year. And we have most of the committee that votes on that.

December. And he will be gone.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2012, 08:07 PM
"This isn't the end of it because what's going to happen is the Ron Paul campaign is going to appeal this to the Credentials Committee, and they're going to take this all the way to the Credentials Committee, which goes into the weekend, perhaps even until Monday," Willis says.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Pity if they miss the Rally. and the national committee woman is speaking there, I believe. Youngest in the nation.

parocks
08-22-2012, 08:23 PM

right. we need to get on finding that replacement.

robert9712000
08-22-2012, 08:47 PM
So what were these so called rules that were broken?

Also if i was Ben i would ask someone in leadership at the Rnc committee why only Ron Paul delegates are being challenged? Its pretty obvious the intent isnt to follow the rules but to oust Paul supporters.With a biased intention on the decision on delegates you would think that would establish grounds for voter fraud

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Classy of Iowa:

IowaGOP ‏@IowaGOP
Rumor is RNC may take away half of Ron Paul Delegates from Maine. If this is true, the Iowa GOP will donate guest passes to all kept out.
Retweeted by David Fischer

parocks
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.wmtw.com/news/politics/RNC-makes-ruling-on-Maine-s-Ron-Paul-delegates/-/8791900/16227818/-/xmul9r/-/index.html?absolute=true

coffeewithchess
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back?

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.wmtw.com/news/politics/RNC-makes-ruling-on-Maine-s-Ron-Paul-delegates/-/8791900/16227818/-/xmul9r/-/index.html?absolute=true

Paul delegates maintained that they are not willing to compromise.

Delegate Mark Willis said, “I want to make this perfectly clear, our disposition has and will always be: never give in to deals or compromises, never, never, never. Never give in. Never surrender.”

Read more: http://www.wmtw.com/news/politics/RNC-steps-in-to-decide-fate-of-Maine-s-Ron-Paul-delegates/-/8791900/16227818/-/vhc08iz/-/index.html#ixzz24KnBPQD9

How awesome are our Maine delegates?

Badger Paul
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
"Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back? "

Well you do get to hear Rand speak at the convention, which of course most of the country will not see because the networks are skipping the first night of the convention. He'll be giving a Mitt Romney approved speech naturally. Oh, then there's a tribune video too beforehand, I suppose. All in all it will be that proverbial 15 minutes before we go into the dark!

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 09:14 PM
"Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back? "

Well you do get to hear Rand speak at the convention, which of course most of the country will not see because the networks are skipping the first night of the convention. He'll be giving a Mitt Romney approved speech naturally. Oh, then there's a tribune video too beforehand, I suppose. All in all it will be that proverbial 15 minutes before we go into the dark!

RON should be giving a speech. This is just giving Romney a way out, it is not a gain, but a loss.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back?The $64,000 question.

Matt Collins
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
From Steve Bierfeldt of the IAGOP:

Rumor is the RNC may cut 1/2 of the Ron Paul delegates from Maine. If true, the Republican Party of Iowa will donate guest passes to the Maine Delegates who are shut out.

SOURCE:
https://www.facebook.com/stevebierfeldt

kathy88
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back?Can anybody tell me why this guy is allowed to derail thread after thread with his Rand is a sellout Benton is the devil BULLSHIT?

parocks
08-22-2012, 09:32 PM
The $64,000 question.

Well, I never thought that Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney was designed to gain something for Ron Paul supporters and delegates.

Badger Paul
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
"Can anybody tell me why this guy is allowed to derail thread after thread with his Rand is a sellout Benton is the devil BULLSHIT? "

You give us an alternative explanation, I'm happy to hear it. After what happened the past 48 hours I starting to agree.

Badger Paul
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
"Well, I never thought that Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney was designed to gain something for Ron Paul supporters and delegates. "

Your right. It was only for himself. Ergo the definition of sellout. After he's RAND Paul and according to Rand, selfishness isn't wrong.

kathy88
08-22-2012, 09:37 PM
"Can anybody tell me why this guy is allowed to derail thread after thread with his Rand is a sellout Benton is the devil BULLSHIT? "

You give us an alternative explanation, I'm happy to hear it. After what happened the past 48 hours I starting to agree.I guess the hurricane is Rand's fault, too? Or Benton's?

parocks
08-22-2012, 09:55 PM
"Well, I never thought that Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney was designed to gain something for Ron Paul supporters and delegates. "

Your right. It was only for himself. Ergo the definition of sellout. After he's RAND Paul and according to Rand, selfishness isn't wrong.

Why would you think that WE should be getting something from this? Isn't that a bit self-absorbed?

The benefits include "Rand keeps his word to support the nominee", which helps him in the future. And Rand doing well in the future is to our benefit.

Listen, Rand's a normal person. Either fully normal, or partially normal, but normal. The election, to normal people, was over. Ron Paul sent out an email saying that he wouldn't have enough delegates to win. Finished. Over. Done. Now, delusional, crazy, Ron Paul supporters didn't like this one bit. They didn't agree with the assessment that almost everyone else did, that it was over. So they bitched at Rand. We hoped to accomplish something short of a victory, because we have the free time. And we're still hoping to accomplish that, whatever it may be.

08-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Can anybody explain to me what Rand Paul's endorsement has exactly gained for the Ron Paul supporters and delegates that have poured time and money into the campaign, without getting a dime back?

An easier time of this in '16

Isn't that obvious?

mport1
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Yet another example of why taking over the GOP is a lost cause. We need to focus on things that may actually have some sucess

cajuncocoa
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Isn't that obvious?Not really.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Why would you think that WE should be getting something from this? Isn't that a bit self-absorbed?

The benefits include "Rand keeps his word to support the nominee", which helps him in the future. And Rand doing well in the future is to our benefit.

Listen, Rand's a normal person. Either fully normal, or partially normal, but normal. The election, to normal people, was over. Ron Paul sent out an email saying that he wouldn't have enough delegates to win. Finished. Over. Done. Now, delusional, crazy, Ron Paul supporters didn't like this one bit. They didn't agree with the assessment that almost everyone else did, that it was over. So they bitched at Rand. We hoped to accomplish something short of a victory, because we have the free time. And we're still hoping to accomplish that, whatever it may be.

If there was a speech to be had, based on RON"s support, shouldn't it have been RON's speech?

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM

Isn't that obvious?

If we show them we are door mats you expect better? Isn't that what 2008 was supposed to do for 2012? Besides, after Ron you could lose many to lack of a consensus candidate.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
If there was a speech to be had, based on RON"s support, shouldn't it have been RON's speech?YES.

The Gold Standard
08-22-2012, 10:21 PM

Isn't that obvious?

Are you really that naive?

Carlybee
08-22-2012, 10:21 PM

Isn't that obvious?

The mainstream Republicans and the co-opted segment of the Tea Party are going to spend the next 2 years doing everything they can to make sure Rand Paul is not re-elected. They are going to do to him what they have done to Ron Paul this election cycle. Unless he retains powerful support in his home state like his dad did, they are not going to let him be a blip on the radar by 2016 unless he rolls over and joins them lock, stock and barrel. I would think some would have learned some lessons by all that has happened.

parocks
08-22-2012, 10:22 PM
If there was a speech to be had, based on RON"s support, shouldn't it have been RON's speech?

Rand isn't getting his speech based on RON's support.

Rand is getting his speech because he's a popular US Senator. No one is going to argue that Rand wasn't helped by Ron to get to be a US Senator. But he is a US Senator now, and is popular with a lot of Republicans who don't like Ron Paul.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Rand isn't getting his speech based on RON's support.

Rand is getting his speech because he's a popular US Senator. No one is going to argue that Rand wasn't helped by Ron to get to be a US Senator. But he is a US Senator
now, as is popular with a lot of Republicans who don't like Ron Paul.

I disagree with that. ALL the media is saying Rand is speaking as a gesture to Ron's supporters. EVERY write up. NO one is running this as a speech by a random up and coming Senator.

Origanalist
08-22-2012, 10:27 PM
How awesome are our Maine delegates?

In shades of awesome I rank them a 8. But only because they have not had the opportunity to get a 10, which I have no doubt they would if given the opportunity.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
In shades of awesome I rank them a 8. But only because they have not had the opportunity to get a 10, which I have no doubt they would if given the opportunity.

Wow, you're tough...

Origanalist
08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Wow, you're tough...

Not really, I think they are so good that they are capable of doing greater things if given the opportunity, that's all.

In other words, I'm a really big fan. :)

TheTyke
08-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't post that much lately because I've been working on other important battles, and don't have time for forum wars. I venture to say a silent majority on the forums may be in the same position. Lately all we seem to see are people venting misplaced despair, or maybe it's a bunch of trolls, but there are a bunch of people filling every thread with "We're all screwed! Give up! There's nothing we can do!" It's really getting on my nerves.

The "failure" of 2008's race led to Congressman Amash, Massie and Senators Rand Paul and Lee getting elected. Back then we only had 1 congressman and it was almost unthinkable that we'd win a senate race, let alone influence several so heavily. The outrage over the most outright cheating (Nevada) led to the state party being taken over, ensuring a fair process this time. We quadrupled our votes many places and despite the RNC's best best efforts our delegates multiplied by more than ten times - all while facing off against opponents than can print as much money as they want and control the media. We got Audit the Fed past the House with a veto-proof majority, and inspired dozens of people to successfully run for local office and/or endorse us this time.

The work in 2012 will similarly multiply our achievements in the future. Look for more liberty people to get elected, more of our bills to start getting votes and passage, and eventually liberties to start returning instead of being lost. In the states we took over, we will ensure the process is fair next time. And we will build on the outrage to take over the states that cheated us, just like we did in Nevada last time. Even this time, for all the cheating, they were unable to purge our presence and we controll several state delegations.

The only valid point of concern is that Ron Paul is retiring - but we, the liberty movement, MUST be the ones to carry on the revolution. It's going to be hard work, and it's not going to be a quick fix. But the only way we lose our momentum and stop winning is by giving up. So whether intentional or unintentional, the doom & gloom crowd who are working to discourage and divide us, get us wasting energy attacking our own instead of our real foes, and get us to quit multiplying our gains like we did last time are serving the enemy's purpose.

parocks
08-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I disagree with that. ALL the media is saying Rand is speaking as a gesture to Ron's supporters. EVERY write up. NO one is running this as a speech by a random up and coming Senator.

But it is. You're trying to find the truth by reading the msm. What's happening is that Rand is getting a speech because he's a popular tea party person. People are saying it has something to do with Ron Paul, because they want to give us nothing, and tell us that we're actually getting something.

Aren't there going to be a lot of speeches by unheard of republicans running for office? Rand Paul is a US Senator, very popular with the tea party. If Ron Paul ran in 2012 or not, I would expect Rand Paul to have a speech.

mport1
08-22-2012, 10:48 PM
The mainstream Republicans and the co-opted segment of the Tea Party are going to spend the next 2 years doing everything they can to make sure Rand Paul is not re-elected. They are going to do to him what they have done to Ron Paul this election cycle. Unless he retains powerful support in his home state like his dad did, they are not going to let him be a blip on the radar by 2016 unless he rolls over and joins them lock, stock and barrel. I would think some would have learned some lessons by all that has happened.

Exactly. It seems like people have learned nothing from the past 2 campaigns.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
But it is. You're trying to find the truth by reading the msm. What's happening is that Rand is getting a speech because he's a popular tea party person. People are saying it has something to do with Ron Paul, because they want to give us nothing, and tell us that we're actually getting something.

Aren't there going to be a lot of speeches by unheard of republicans running for office? Rand Paul is a US Senator, very popular with the tea party. If Ron Paul ran in 2012 or not, I would expect Rand Paul to have a speech.

I don't believe that. I find it hard to believe you even believe it.

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2012, 10:53 PM
the GOP will be nothing but broken glass pieces after 2012 and a relic.

MJU1983
08-22-2012, 10:56 PM
https://twitter.com/mju1983/status/238496114968514560

Dear @GOP, “An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government.” - Ron Paul #tcot #tlot

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
https://twitter.com/mju1983/status/238496114968514560

retweeted

AJ Antimony
08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Unless I missed something, a final deal has not been at all announced yet.

I'm going to wait until I see the final deal before committing any emotion to the matter.

IMO it looks like the deal may be nothing more than shifting delegates around. Rather than having 400 delegates from 5 states, maybe they're arranging 400 delegates from 10 states?

The Gold Standard
08-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Rather than having 400 delegates from 5 states, maybe they're arranging 400 delegates from 10 states?

So you believe they are adding Paul delegates to other states to make up for the ones they took away?

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2012, 11:06 PM
http://www.playerblock.com/App_Themes/v2/images/NoCheating.jpg

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Unless I missed something, a final deal has not been at all announced yet.

I'm going to wait until I see the final deal before committing any emotion to the matter.

IMO it looks like the deal may be nothing more than shifting delegates around. Rather than having 400 delegates from 5 states, maybe they're arranging 400 delegates from 10 states?

the majorities in the states are everything. That would be a horrible deal.

Grindleader
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I call shenanigans. GOP and RNC THEFT!!!! Plain and simple.

ClydeCoulter
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM

Agree! Ron needs a plurality in each of 5 states to nominate him from the floor for his/our earned 15 minute un-edited speech.

parocks
08-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I don't believe that. I find it hard to believe you even believe it.

What is "it"? Rand Paul was not given a speaking spot because Ron Paul ran for President in 2012. But he probably wouldn't have ran and won in 2010 if Ron Paul didn't run in 2008.

Is Romney planning on showcasing unknowns and retired politicians? Is he planning to completely shut out any tea party voices?

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 11:38 PM
What is "it"? Rand Paul was not given a speaking spot because Ron Paul ran for President in 2012. But he probably wouldn't have ran and won in 2010 if Ron Paul didn't run in 2008.

Is Romney planning on showcasing unknowns and retired politicians? Is he planning to completely shut out any tea party voices?

You mean like Palin and Bachmann etc? I am not going to argue this.

parocks
08-23-2012, 11:32 AM
You mean like Palin and Bachmann etc? I am not going to argue this.

Well, you know that 2010 was the first year there were "tea party" candidates. And Rand was one of the very few to win. Leaving Ron Paul completely aside, one would think that Rand Paul would be a natural for a RNC speaking slot.

I think you might have a case, that you could say something that could make me agree with you, but you aren't making that case.

Rand Paul, on his own merits, deserves a speaking slot. He is a US Senator who is popular with Ron Paul supporters and with others who don't like Ron Paul. I'm not arguing that being Ron Paul's son didn't get him most of the way to being US Senator.

Of course, Romney putting out anything but a RINO parade might be surprising.

You haven't made the argument that Romney is such a Liberal Republican, a country clubber, a RINO that anything other than RINO at the RNC is a shock. You can also argue it's a shock that Romney is letting any Paul speak because he does not want to help Ron Paul in any way.

If I argue that it's natural and obvious that Rand Paul, a US Senator, popular with different types of Conservatives, should be speaking, you can argue that Romney would rather hurt specific Conservatives than help his own chances of winning. That's a decent argument and may very well be true.

wgadget
08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, he WAS popular with Ron Paul supporters until he backed Romney. Bleh.

AJ Antimony
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
So you believe they are adding Paul delegates to other states to make up for the ones they took away?

Not necessarily "adding," more so dropping challenges in other states and raising challenges in others. What we know for sure is that all of NV, MN, and IA will be seated. There are no possible objections to these delegations. ME should be seated to, because really the only people objecting to this delegation are those two sore losers from ME. I wish I could comment on LA, but I still don't understand exactly what happened at the LA convention.

Then you have a state like MA where the entire time the GOP has been adamant that our delegates were illegitimate.

Yet what are some of the details about the deal? They want to, for example, let us have a good chunk of our MA delegates but they also want us to give up half of our legitimate ME delegates. There's nothing conclusive here, it's all just speculation.

But if I were Ron Paul and I knew I had won, say, 400 delegates to go to Tampa, and if I were Mitt Romney who just didn't want Ron to have a 5-state plurality, then a good compromise would be to let Ron have 400 delegates and to just distribute them among 10 or 15 states, rather than 5.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Well, you know that 2010 was the first year there were "tea party" candidates. And Rand was one of the very few to win. Leaving Ron Paul completely aside, one would think that Rand Paul would be a natural for a RNC speaking slot.

I think you might have a case, that you could say something that could make me agree with you, but you aren't making that case.

Rand Paul, on his own merits, deserves a speaking slot. He is a US Senator who is popular with Ron Paul supporters and with others who don't like Ron Paul. I'm not arguing that being Ron Paul's son didn't get him most of the way to being US Senator.

Of course, Romney putting out anything but a RINO parade might be surprising.

You haven't made the argument that Romney is such a Liberal Republican, a country clubber, a RINO that anything other than RINO at the RNC is a shock. You can also argue it's a shock that Romney is letting any Paul speak because he does not want to help Ron Paul in any way.

If I argue that it's natural and obvious that Rand Paul, a US Senator, popular with different types of Conservatives, should be speaking, you can argue that Romney would rather hurt specific Conservatives than help his own chances of winning. That's a decent argument and may very well be true.

No, I made my argument and I am not interested in discussing it.

AJ Antimony

The 5-state plurality is only "everything" if Ron Paul and his campaign actually want to ruin Romney's Sweet 16 party.

helmuth_hubener
No deal! No deal!

Stand strong, men!

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Not necessarily "adding," more so dropping challenges in other states and raising challenges in others. What we know for sure is that all of NV, MN, and IA will be seated. There are no possible objections to these delegations. ME should be seated to, because really the only people objecting to this delegation are those two sore losers from ME. I wish I could comment on LA, but I still don't understand exactly what happened at the LA convention.

Then you have a state like MA where the entire time the GOP has been adamant that our delegates were illegitimate.

Yet what are some of the details about the deal? They want to, for example, let us have a good chunk of our MA delegates but they also want us to give up half of our legitimate ME delegates. There's nothing conclusive here, it's all just speculation.

But if I were Ron Paul and I knew I had won, say, 400 delegates to go to Tampa, and if I were Mitt Romney who just didn't want Ron to have a 5-state plurality, then a good compromise would be to let Ron have 400 delegates and to just distribute them among 10 or 15 states, rather than 5.

adding 10 for 1 if they take MAJORITIES in a state is a losing deal and should not be agreed to. Louisiana should never have been agreed to, imho.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
The 5-state plurality is only "everything" if Ron Paul and his campaign actually want to ruin Romney's Sweet 16 party.

Ron said he wanted to get nominated for the speech. I agree the campaign has been working in a seemingly different direction, but from Ron's speeches and interviews even after that divergence appeared, if he is on board, it only happened very lately, and in my mind possibly by people near him convincing him that by now it was a done deal. And I haven't seen him give up fighting at all. Ever, actually.

Badger Paul
08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
" Louisiana should never have been agreed to, imho."

I agree but unfortunately they did and did largely because the campaign too wishes for peace and calm on the convention floor and had a pliant state campaign manager willing to give it to them unlike Maine.

I'll be a lot of Louisiana delegates would have wish to hold out as well but it sounds like they were never polled.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM

I agree but unfortunately they did and did largely because the campaign too wishes for peace and calm on the convention floor and had a pliant state campaign manager willing to give it to them unlike Maine.

I'll be a lot of Louisiana delegates would have wish to hold out as well but it sounds like they were never polled.

Speaking of Maine, if you have a twitter account retweet this: https://twitter.com/x0x0robinXoXo/status/238653990605316097

AJ Antimony
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Apples and oranges. The ME convention cleanly elected their delegation. The LA convention was a fiasco and produced two different delegations. Whether or not they are correct, the RNC can 'threaten' and challenge the LA delegates much easier than the ME delegates.

Badger Paul
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
"Whether or not they are correct, the RNC can 'threaten' and challenge the LA delegates much easier than the ME delegates. "

They can challenge any delegation they want. They can throw out any delegation they want. I understand what they can do. But if they're going to do so, they have justify it and to deal with the reaction of Paul supporters on the convention floor.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
The LA convention was a well documented VIOLENT fiasco of the brownshirt variety ON THEIR SIDE and on video.

Our delegates got 700+ votes. Theirs -- the ones who even actually ran and weren't pulled out of a hat later -- got 200+ votes.

Had the campaign put that in press releases with the video -- and they could have, it was MORE compelling than Maine. In Maine, however, we have people who brought their own law suit and apparently are doing what THEY feel right.

If the RNC seated no one, you put out the video and run independent on $39 million in matching funds. You don't give away the store -- the fifth state, very possibly, to get muzzled seats.

twomp
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read from you. These delegates were ELECTED! Do you know what that means? It means they were VOTED IN? If the RNC has given itself the power to REDISTRIBUTE ELECTED delegates, what is the point in voting any more? How do you suppose to take over the GOP if they have the power to REDISTRIBUTE delegates? That is FRAUD!

helmuth_hubener
08-23-2012, 01:09 PM
That is FRAUD! Well I don't think AJ is in favor of it, he is just saying that this redistribution may be what the RNC is trying to do. Which is possibly true. And you are reminding us it's fraud. Which is definitely true.

CPUd
08-23-2012, 01:52 PM
and another:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/RNC-announces-new-slate-of-Maine-delegates.html

Looks like a few here have already hit the comments.

If they don't seat all 20, will the 10 that were seated walk out?

rockandrollsouls
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Remember when the official campaign said they were fighting this? :rolleyes: Obviously, they didn't do a thing.

These "compromises" are only being offered because they benefit the party's agenda. It's all to nullify Ron of the plurality in 5 states. The delegates should reject all deals, we should get a chipin going for competent lawyers to represent them, and we should take the Republican party down for their blatant breaking of laws.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 02:01 PM
and another:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/RNC-announces-new-slate-of-Maine-delegates.html

Looks like a few here have already hit the comments.

If they don't seat all 20, will the 10 that were seated walk out?

I come down on the side of hoping not. We need to keep our gains. It would probably be a mistake to leave and give people rationale for cutting our gains. If the next Ron Paul turns up by the next election, we will want them.

regardless of what else we do.

AJ Antimony
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read from you. These delegates were ELECTED! Do you know what that means? It means they were VOTED IN? If the RNC has given itself the power to REDISTRIBUTE ELECTED delegates, what is the point in voting any more? How do you suppose to take over the GOP if they have the power to REDISTRIBUTE delegates? That is FRAUD!

http://i.qkme.me/35avk5.jpg

LibertyEagle
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Remember when the official campaign said they were fighting this? :rolleyes: Obviously, they didn't do a thing.

These "compromises" are only being offered because they benefit the party's agenda. It's all to nullify Ron of the plurality in 5 states. The delegates should reject all deals, we should get a chipin going for competent lawyers to represent them, and we should take the Republican party down for their blatant breaking of laws.

Really? What happened to this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386938-GOP-Leaders-Only-Half-of-Maine-s-Ron-Paul-Delegates-will-be-Seated&p=4594903&viewfull=1#post4594903

parocks
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/23/politics/rnc-deals-new-blow-to-paul-supporters-effort-to-seat-all-20-convention-delegates/

RNC deals new blow to Paul supporters’ effort to seat all 20 convention delegates

On Thursday, Aug. 23, Republican National Committee voted to support a compromise that would seat 10 Maine delegates pledged to presidential candidate Ron Paul and 10 alternate delegates, according to Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2012, 02:27 PM
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/23/politics/rnc-deals-new-blow-to-paul-supporters-effort-to-seat-all-20-convention-delegates/

RNC deals new blow to Paul supporters’ effort to seat all 20 convention delegates

On Thursday, Aug. 23, Republican National Committee voted to support a compromise that would seat 10 Maine delegates pledged to presidential candidate Ron Paul and 10 alternate delegates, according to Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster.

Now, now, parocks. You don't want to take the steam out of those who want to take their frustration out on the campaign. It's so fun to blame them for everything, INSTEAD OF THE FRICKIN' GOP ESTABLISHMENT, who are the ones actually trying to cheat us.

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Pete Harring, a Paul delegate, will attend the convention. His flight leaves Saturday morning.

“I was a duly elected delegate and I’m going to Tampa,” he said Thursday morning. He intends to be on the convention floor Monday. “It looks like this is going up to the last minute,” Harring said of whether he will be recognized as a delegate.

Ryan expects a decision from the credentials committee by Friday. If that panel rules against seating all 20 Maine delegates committed to Ron Paul, “We’ll have a meeting of the delegation to decide what we’ll do next,” she said.

If they do not receive credentials, Ryan and Harring said Thursday that the Paul delegates from Maine would explore finding someone to make a motion from the convention floor to seat them.

The Paul campaign hopes that it can have enough delegates seated to place Paul’s name into nomination during the convention, which would allow him to make a speech.

Earlier this month, Webster offered a compromise to the Paul delegates. His deal would have let them attend the convention but obligate them to vote for Mitt Romney if Paul doesn’t have sufficient support to be nominated for president.

The Paul supporters rejected that plan.

Last week, Maine delegates who back Paul sought an injunction against the Republican National Committee to stop it from investigating whether they were legitimately chosen to represent the state at the GOP convention.

We're behind you, Maine.

twomp
08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
http://i.qkme.me/35avk5.jpg

Oh really? So you're the choir now? Weren't you the one telling everyone that they should bend over and take what the RNC gives? Don't make a fuss? They'll be nice to us in 2016. If we make a fuss, the GOP will HATE Ron Paul FOREVER!!! Weren't you saying that Mr. Choir?

parocks
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Now, now, parocks. You don't want to take the steam out of those who want to take their frustration out on the campaign. It's so fun to blame them for everything, INSTEAD OF THE FRICKIN' GOP ESTABLISHMENT, who are the ones actually trying to cheat us.

Well, all I was trying to do was report on the latest news. That article was from earlier today. I agree with you. But I would say ROMNEY, before I would say GOP ESTABLISHMENT. Blame ROMNEY.

CPUd
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Here's a copy of their complaint in the Maine/ Waldo County Superior Court :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/103178555/Complaint-for-Declaratory-Relief

sailingaway
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Here's a copy of their complaint in the Maine/ Waldo County Superior Court :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/103178555/Complaint-for-Declaratory-Relief

It doesn't seem to have had expedited filing, a temporary restraining order... I wonder when action is required? It asks that the hearing last Sunday be prevented, for example.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-23-2012, 03:32 PM
http://www.searchenginepeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/xfilessmokingman_1024.jpg