PDA

View Full Version : Updates I havent seen posted?!?! RNC

TXcarlosTX
08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
This was on my a pro-Paul facebook page from a guy that is posting updates about rules committee.

About and Hour ago : The rules committee has realized that Ron Paul may have a plurality in 5 states so the are debating whether to change it to 10 states as I type this.

Half an Hour : IT FAILED! The only thing that changed is that the five have to be in writing. This will be tough since they changed that roll call vote from Thursday to Monday.

This sounds like important information that our delegates need especially the delegations that want to put Ron Paul up for nomination.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Very important. So cool.

Oh, but the fight is over, so give up.

/sarcasm

CPUd
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
This morning it was a rumor, but it is now looking to be legit.

They first tried to change it to 15, then 10, but failed.

TXcarlosTX
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Another update : ABC13 just said that Newt Gingrich has unbound his delegates and urged them to vote for Mitt Romney to bring unity to the party.

GO GET THESE DELEGATES!!!!!

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I suspect that is why they are trying to force this cut the Maine delegation to just UNDER controlling amount and also trying to get control of the OR del so they 'write' whatever is to be written, even though Ron has a majority of the delegates.

In writing.... so if we don't have five they don't even mention it on the floor and if they do they last ditch negotiate to call the speech other than a nomination speech?

They are twisted.

Thank you for the news!

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Another update : ABC13 just said that Newt Gingrich has unbound his delegates and urged them to vote for Mitt Romney to bring unity to the party.

Yeah, and Santorum HASN'T given his up, I suspect to counter us if Romney thinks that will be helpful. To be honest, I don't count 5 states for Santorum any more, though, given his lack of ground game. I also think evangelicals picking a candidate would pick someone else if they had the world to choose from.

CPUd
08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
The whole 'in writing' thing stinks like Illinois. We had the numbers there to at least put up a competing slate, but they required 50 signatures of township chairs, who were each told not to sign anything.

SilenceDewgooder
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM

this is actually on Newt's website

TXcarlosTX
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Newt :

Dear Delegates:
With the Republican National Convention beginning in Tampa within the next few days, it is time now for all Republicans to come together in common purpose to defeat President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Everyo
ne must do their part and Callista and I are committed to doing everything that we can.
Toward that end, I hereby release all delegates bound or pledged to me under any and all state laws or party rules. At the same time, I call upon them and all Americans committed to a safer and more prosperous American future to join Callista and me in strongly supporting the Romney-Ryan ticket. Together, we can and will defeat Barack Obama in November.

Uriah
08-22-2012, 04:02 PM
From an Iowa delegate going to Tampa via Facebook:

Fischer For Freedom
"Effort to change the RNC rules to require 15 states to nominate for President ended up as a proposal to change to 10 states. They made a good decision and and chose to leave it at 5."

kathy88
08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
From an Iowa delegate going to Tampa via Facebook:

Fischer For Freedom
"Effort to change the RNC rules to require 15 states to nominate for President ended up as a proposal to change to 10 states. They made a good decision and and chose to leave it at 5."

Good. Up your ass GOP, you cheating slimeballs.

sailingaway
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
The whole 'in writing' thing stinks like Illinois. We had the numbers there to at least put up a competing slate, but they required 50 signatures of township chairs, who were each told not to sign anything.

that is likely where the push by the opposition to 'lead' the Oregon delegation Ron won comes from. The guy won't sign anything. Our people need to THEMSELVES write up a nomination and deliver it to media, to us (to spread) and to RNC at the same time with the names and signatures of the majority of delegates voting for Ron Paul.

Writing MIGHT just be to lessen his moment in the sun with people nominating him and others reacting, (damned poor sportsmanship right there, if you ask me) but it also might be to pull a 'Waldo County Maine' on us.

TXcarlosTX
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/republican-convention-ron-paul_n_1822985.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

its gone mainstream!!! cheating mother fuckers!!!!

KEEF
08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/republican-convention-ron-paul_n_1822985.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

its gone mainstream!!! cheating mother fuckers!!!!

The end of the article just pissed me off...

Ryder said he proposed the rule change because "the function of a convention now is much more about the party expressing its vision for the country."

"So the focus is to get away from some of the residue of the 19 century," he said.
"We're way past the time when you had uncommitted delegates and favored sons and smoke-filled backrooms. So with virtually the delegates coming to the convention bound by state law through either a primary or a caucus, the result is a foregone conclusion," he said.

"If you've got somebody who has five states or six states, and that's all they've got, you know, and the result is a foregone conclusion, and you know who's got a majority because you've counted the votes. ... We already know what the vote count's going to be, so unless you've got a real contest, where you've got two candidates or three candidates who really have a chance of winning, then why do we want to go through the exercise?"

What a piece of shit.