PDA

View Full Version : An exchange from another site I wanted to share with all of you

COpatriot
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
This exchange happened in a thread on a forum with a large contingent of users who are itching for a war with Iran. This first comment comes from one of many warmongering fools:

Thanks, I already performed four years of service to our country and fought in the recent wars.

So no, I don't take the prospect of *another* war with Iran lightly.

My hunch is that most of the keyboard peaceniks quick to blindly label anyone supporting taking action against Iran as being a "warmongerer" probably have no appreciation for the geopolitical realities of the conflict and are flatly ignoring the public pronouncements of the Iranian leadership over the past 30 years.

The response by another user to the above post was such pure gold that I would have felt bad having not shared it with all of you:

Keyboard peacenik, eh? You are way off - I'm in the Army. 17 years of service with 4 tours.

Question: Knowing that the past 9 years of war have been fruitless and/or complete lies, how are any of us supposed to believe this is any different? Are you actually convinced that Iran is close to developing a nuclear weapon? If so, did you actually believe that Iraq had WMDs too?

We have 8,500 nuclear weapons. The Israelis have 150 and are more than capable of taking care of themselves. We're worried about the Iranians developing one? Gimme a break. We don't want the Iranians to have too much political pull in the middle east because it will cause turmoil in the region and affect our precious oil addiction.

We (military servicemembers) are tired of this crap. You'd be shocked if you knew how many of us feel this way. The fact that Ron Paul received more military donations than all of the other candidates combined should have been a big wake-up call. We've missed years of our families' lives fighting for corporate interests and there is no end in sight. We've been to more memorial services than any person should experience. Soldiers are tired, angry, sad, and depressed; there were more suicides in the US Army last month than in any 30-day period in history. It's not just an anomaly.

We've conveniently designed a war that can never be won. The only people who have benefited from this are the CEO's, banks, and the politicians they grease.

I couldn't care less about oil shortages or prices. If you want to go over there - or send your kids over there - to be cannon fodder, go right ahead. Just don't ask us to keep sacrificing over and over and over for no legitimate reason. We took an oath to protect our country and our freedoms, and we haven't done that since WW2.

Any person who supports sending the same people to these BS wars year in and year out has a lot of nerve.

Travlyr
08-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks. That is a great read!

War Is A Racket (http://www.wanttoknow.info/warisaracket)

Lucille
08-22-2012, 01:30 PM
God help us.

Syria And Iran Dominos Lead To World War
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-syria-and-iran-dominos-lead-world-war

Syria and Iran are, in a way, the first dominos in a long chain of terrible events. This chain, as chaotic as it seems, leads to only one end result: Third world status for almost every country on the planet, including the U.S., leaving the financial institutions, like monetary grim reapers, to swoop in and gather up the pieces that remain to be fashioned into a kind of Frankenstein economy. A fiscal golem. A global monstrosity that removes all sovereignty whether real or imagined and centralizes the decision making processes of humanity into the hands of a morally bankrupt few.

For those on the side of Israel, the U.S., and NATO, and for those on the side of the Middle East, Russia China, etc., the bottom line is, there will be no winners. There is no "best case scenario". There will be no victory parade, for anyone. There will be no great reformation or peace in the cradle of civilization. The only people celebrating at the end of the calamitous hostilities will be the hyper-moneyed power addicted .01%, who will celebrate their global coup in private, laughing as the rest of the world burns itself out, and comes begging them for help.

aGameOfThrones
08-22-2012, 01:40 PM
From a reader in LA comes this account at a debate of his debate with a soldier who claimed he was defending our freedoms.

To be brief, the debate was about the morality of having U.S. troops continue to be garrisoned in Iraq and Afghanistan. I took to the mic and pointed out that we should not have been there in the first place, and that the ONLY sane, legal, and moral thing to do was get out. A young soldier in the audience stood up to protest my position using the standard boilerplate sloganeering we've come to expect from the Cheney-O'Reilly-Hannity-Limbaugh-Beck crowd. At the end his tirade which included Neocon gems like "I fight for your freedom" and "we're there so we won't have to fight them here," I offered the young warrior the chance to give me the name of the group who was trying to take my "freedom" away from me. He stumbled for a moment, then (almost shouting) stated "those people hate you and would as soon cut your throat as look at you." I told him my question was "who was trying to take my freedom from me," NOT "who was trying to cut my throat." He then said "are you going to let them get away with 9-11"? I replied, "who is THEM, young man?" I told him, "if you are suggesting the Iraqis had anything to do with 9-11 then you are woefully misinformed." After going back and forth trading salvos (actually, it was just about me debunking one boilerplate statement after another), he really got my ire by grabbing the collar of his shirt and stated "It's people like you who disgrace MY uniform."

At this point, I never had so much clarity descend upon me. It was like some power reached into my brain and told me what to say. Without even thinking, I said, "Let me tell you something, SON! I know ALL about the service, even if I was never in it myself. My entire family on both sides has served in a military at one time or another. Both sides of my family fought for the Confederacy, my grandfather fought in France in WWI, My father was a decorated Marine, and my Uncle is a Bataan Death March survivor. So, I'm no stranger to the military. However, I can tell you this, you are ALL WET about WHOSE uniform that is and WHAT IT MEANS! My father, who was a peaceful and gentle man, came home from WWII with the Navy Cross and a revulsion of war — as did my uncle. They both became staunch advocates of non-interventionism and a belief that to defend your own shores is the highest calling. Anything else is simply premeditated warmongering. I learned many things from my father, but the most important thing he ever told me about being a soldier was this...,and I'm going to pass it along to you.

That uniform you wear is MINE! I ALLOW you to wear in on MY BEHALF. It belongs to ME and represents MY WISHES. If you DISHONOR IT, you dishonor ME! And if I SAY you DISHONOR it, then there is no question YOU HAVE. Every deed you do while in MY uniform reflects on ME, either GOOD or BAD. And, if you deny anything I just said, then you are NOT an 'American Soldier!'

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/54990.html