PDA

View Full Version : Cop fired for using excessive force

Brian4Liberty
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Interesting story. Not the worst case ever seen, actually kind of mild, but definitely uncalled for. Perhaps he was already on the bad side of the Chief, and this was the excuse they were looking for?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/christopher-geraci-fired-pensacola-police-excessive-force-abbi-bonds_n_1818358.html

A Florida police officer was fired and arrested after a camera mounted in his car showed him slamming a hit-and-run suspect against her car multiple times.

The video appears to show officer Christopher Geraci grab suspect Abbi Bonds' arm and shove her after she refused to obey his command that she hang up her cellphone and reenter her car, WEAR-TV reported.

Geraci then appears to grab Bonds by the hair and force her against the side of the car as he attempts to handcuff her.

coastie
08-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Same dept that tries to taze people on bikes, then runs them over. Shocker.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vXou2qK-E

This guy just got suspended for 80 hours, without pay for murder, so Mr. Strong-arm has nothing to worry about. I'm surprised they even arrested him, hive fives would seem to be the order of the day at that police dept.

youngbuck
08-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Interesting story. Not the worst case ever seen, actually kind of mild, but definitely uncalled for. Perhaps he was already on the bad side of the Chief, and this was the excuse they were looking for?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/christopher-geraci-fired-pensacola-police-excessive-force-abbi-bonds_n_1818358.html

Fired? FIRED?! That's it?! WHERE ARE THE CRIMINAL CHARGES?! If that was my g/f or wife, that cop... nvm.

phill4paul
08-22-2012, 03:05 PM
The P.B.A. is gonna fight this for him I am sure. Will take about 2 yrs. Then re-instatement with back pay. Kudos to the Chief for trying.

Muwahid
08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
If he did that to a male, no one would have cared.

mport1
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I guarantee he just goes to work for another department. Happens all the time. Of course no criminal charges will come from this.

DamianTV
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
If a lot more cops got fired for their abusive behavior, not only we would probably have a much more respectful police force, but the Govt would probably be more respectful of the people they pass laws against. But that is wishful thinking and the world is a very violent and dangerous place, made so by the insanity of our Govt and those that enforce their demands.

Brian4Liberty
08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Fired? FIRED?! That's it?! WHERE ARE THE CRIMINAL CHARGES?! If that was my g/f or wife, that cop... nvm.

There is always the possibility that she was someone with power's wife, daughter, niece or other relation...thus the firing.

youngbuck
08-23-2012, 02:18 AM
There is always the possibility that she was someone with power's wife, daughter, niece or other relation...thus the firing.

Yea, there's a very good chance that was the case. A wife to a non-mundane, justified.