PDA

View Full Version : Man Kicked Off Flight for Anti-TSA Shirt

coastie
08-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Having been told by Delta agents that him and his wife could take the flight only if they submitted to another search of their belongings and if he removed the t-shirt, Guha agreed, but as he was boarding the plane he was pulled aside yet again by a Delta supervisor accompanied by three TSA agents as well as multiple Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority transit police.

“I was questioned some more and my wife was also pulled out of line for additional questioning and screening. Our bags were searched, my shirt was photographed, we were asked multiple questions about the cause of our visit, how often we make it to western NY, and our drivers’ license numbers were taken and radioed in for what seemed to be a quick background check,” writes Guha.

Despite having their belongings screened numerous times, Guha and his wife were still eventually barred from taking the flight after the pilot insisted their presence would cause consternation amongst other passengers.

Incredulous, Guha demanded to know why he was not allowed to take the flight, to which a Delta official responded, “Just use your imagination.”

Guha writes that his actions in being willing to “question authority” led officials to make the leap of logic in surmising that he was a potential terrorist.

“Why even bother with the bloated security apparatus — since Delta pilots have discretion to kick off passengers who’ve passed multiple checks, after all?” asks Guha.

http://www.infowars.com/man-kicked-off-flight-over-anti-tsa-shirt/

Personally, I would have never talked to the cops when they arrived, but this is where we are at in America...

Anti Federalist
08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Needed a pic of the subversive shirt:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/Threat_Level__DoctorowhajStandard.jpg

So, the airline kicks people off for this, but not for the barefoot, pajama and underwear wearing schlubs I see shuffling on the bus with wings every time I fly?

Muwahid
08-22-2012, 04:04 PM
So before a hijacking terrorists are expected to mock tsa agents? Smart use of taxpayer money :)

bunklocoempire
08-22-2012, 04:42 PM
My new answer for everything is based on this:

"Madame speaker, this bill offends my principles. But I am going to vote for this bill, in order to preserve my principles, in order to preserve this free enterprise system."

Guha was clearly promoting the TSA's principles.

What exactly is the problem here?

:toady:

Lafayette
08-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Needed a pic of the subversive shirt:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/Threat_Level__DoctorowhajStandard.jpg

LOL

RUN RUN TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES

jbauer
08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
this place is depressing. I'm going to flip on American idol or something.

jmdrake
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
this place is depressing. I'm going to flip on American idol or something.

Ye shall know the truth. And the truth shall make you very angry.

Marenco
08-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Paranoia Nation.

DamianTV
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/08/23/1251223/booted-from-airplane-for-wearing-anti-tsa-t-shirt

"PhD student Arijit learned the hard way that in Brave New America you can't mock TSA's Security Theater and go on about your business. According to a recollection in RT.com: 'After being vigorously screened and questioned multiple times, Arijit says he was finally given permission, once more, to board his plane. The pilot of the aircraft, however, had had enough of the whole ordeal and asked the Delta supervisor to relay the message that, due to the discomfort the shirt had caused, neither Arijit nor his wife would be allowed to board the aircraft.' Just how much humiliation is the general American public willing to tolerate in the name of 'security'?"

Soca Taliban
08-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Uhm.....although I find it incredibly stupid, I don't fault Delta for this. They have final authority as to who gets to fly on their aircraft. So long as they didn't violate the contract of carriage he agreed to and he was refunded, I see no issue here.

seyferjm
08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Reminds me of the Meet the Parents scene when he gets kicked off for saying bomb on an airplane. BOMB BOMB BOMB!

phill4paul
08-23-2012, 06:35 PM
If Rand were worth a salt he'd wear the same shirt on his next trip to D.C.

jonhowe
08-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Uhm.....although I find it incredibly stupid, I don't fault Delta for this. They have final authority as to who gets to fly on their aircraft. So long as they didn't violate the contract of carriage he agreed to and he was refunded, I see no issue here.

I think the issue is more of a societal one, in that the people were afraid of the guy wearing a funny shirt rather than the guy they stood in line for and were molested by in order to board a plane.