PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for trailer

Zarxrax
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I want to create a Ron Paul video in the style of a movie trailer. Problem is, I suck at the part of actually generating ideas. I know what I want to do in a broad sense, but I'm kinda stuck at coming up with what kinds of text and clips I want to show.

I want it to be like a trailer for an epic movie, start out showing like the world is in war and despair, future looks bleak with faltering economy, etc. And then it would turn to the idea that there is only one man who can save the world (ron paul), and a revolution is starting among the people.

Would anyone wanna help me with a script/storyboard for this?

fuzzybekool
11-28-2007, 01:31 AM
sounds like an awsome trailer idea. wish i could help. i am myself trying to master the techniques of lighting and editing and green screening lol. gotta practice i guess till u know what u doing.

Toban
12-03-2007, 12:31 AM
I think it's a great idea (showing the problem, offering solution).

Part 1: Problem - Use idea's like Iraq war being sold on lies, loss of sovereignty, fraudulent/unsustainable fiat money system, loss of liberty, increasing government power.
Part 2: Learn from history - Find some historical examples where people defeated a dictatorial government. American revolution, Singing revolution in Estonia...
Part 3: Ron Paul - Reason's why Ron is the man (principled, consistent, informed, believes in freedom). We've got a golden opportunity, let's elect Ron Paul.

L.A.mama
12-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Zarxrax,

How is your project going? Your idea of a trailer like film sounds great.

I am just the opposite. I have a lot of ideas for film and other things but have no one available and able to help me execute them. But in a few years, I'm hoping our children will begin to do a lot more with the computer, film, etc. etc.

Hope you'll share a link of what you have so far.

Zarxrax
12-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I didn't really start on it, since I honestly don't have enough of a plan to go anywhere. I have started on a cool music video about the ron paul revolution though.

tbarnett17
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I've made a poster for Ron Paul in the style of a movie poster. I can be seen here:

http://flickr.com/photos/tbarnett17/2088307756/
^First attempt/rough draft

http://flickr.com/photos/tbarnett17/2087523181/
^Final

As for ideas, do what they do in Hollywood.... watch other movies. I would suggest 'World Trade Center', 'Thank You For Smoking', 'The Patriot', 'Pearl Harbor', 'Rudy' (classic underdog story)... etc., etc..