PDA

View Full Version : DP Article: 'Ron Paul WILL be nominated at the Republican National Convention'

SilenceDewgooder
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/250086/ron-paul-will-be-nominated-at-the-republican-national-convention

I'm so tired at the moment.. but this article says Dr. Paul has plurality in these states... can we get some fact checks on these:

States with a plurality of Ron Paul support:

1. Iowa
2. Nevada
3. Alaska
4. Oklahoma
5. Colorado
6. Maine
7. Minnesota
8. Virginia
9. Guam
10. Virgin Islands

States with possibly a Ron Paul plurality:

1. Washington
2. Texas
3. Massachusetts
4. Georgia
5. Oregon

sailingaway
08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
He doesn't have Virginia, Guam or VI, he won the popular vote in VI but not the delegates. CO is split with a coalition of Santorum types some of whom have moved to become Romney types so I wouldn't hold my breath. OK is only if we win the challenge. He has IA NV ME MN LA and OR at least however, except for this 'deal' to give up LA.

SilenceDewgooder
08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
He doesn't have Virginia, Guam or VI, he won the popular vote in VI but not the delegates. CO is split with a coalition of Santorum types some of whom have moved to become Romney types so I wouldn't hold my breath. OK is only if we win the challenge. He has IA NV ME MN LA and OR at least however, except for this 'deal' to give up LA.

if he has these IA NV ME MN OR.. that's 5 if my vision isn't blurred... but what about the shadow GOP in NV? and isn't ME still being protested?

TrishW
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I say nominate him anyway! We know we should be able to nominate Ron Paul! They will never roll over and allow it. So just do it anyway!

Nominate him, and if you are removed... then another delegate for Ron Paul should nominate him.... and on and on!

sailingaway
08-21-2012, 08:32 PM
if he has these IA NV ME MN OR.. that's 5 if my vision isn't blurred... but what about the shadow GOP in NV? and isn't ME still being protested?

ME is still being protested but the state is behind our delegates, even the governor said he won't attend (he's the only unchallenged delegate) if ours aren't seated.

kathy88
08-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I say nominate him anyway! We know we should be able to nominate Ron Paul! They will never roll over and allow it. So just do it anyway!

Nominate him, and if you are removed... then another delegate for Ron Paul should nominate him.... and on and on!

That would certainly garner some attention, and put a damper on the Romney love fest, which is kind of a goal of mine at this point.

CPUd
08-21-2012, 08:34 PM

The shadow GOP is mostly a fundraising apparatus. They can't do anything about the delegates.

sailingaway
08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
But in OR they are challenging who SAYS the votes (leads the delegation) by cheating on the ALTERNATES they are saying they have an overall majority and should lead the delegation. The RNC has recommended for the establishment on no rule or law, just citing the Oregon GOP's justifcation for it. Our delegates have asked us to contact our state committee men and women who will be voting on it next. Obviously the fear is that the speaker for the group will simply lie on the nomination (they are bound on the ballot but the NOMINATION is a different process.)

SilenceDewgooder
08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
don't know if you followed the tweets with the person who wrote this article... I told him about VI and he said "See, you know more about it than I do" .. then I asked him how he could put out an article like that....

CPUd
08-21-2012, 08:59 PM
But in OR they are challenging who SAYS the votes (leads the delegation) by cheating on the ALTERNATES they are saying they have an overall majority and should lead the delegation. The RNC has recommended for the establishment on no rule or law, just citing the Oregon GOP's justifcation for it. Our delegates have asked us to contact our state committee men and women who will be voting on it next. Obviously the fear is that the speaker for the group will simply lie on the nomination (they are bound on the ballot but the NOMINATION is a different process.)

If he lies about the nomination, I'd expect there will be a very long plane trip home.

Monotaur
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Yep the list in the OP is very wishful thinking.

sailingaway
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
If he lies about the nomination, I'd expect there will be a very long plane trip home. He'd sit with their appointed delegates. I think this sort has no feeling of right or wrong and doesn't care.

CPUd
08-21-2012, 09:09 PM
There are a lot of eyes on DailyPaul right now (and probably a few extra here), I wouldn't run with anything that pops up over there until it can be confirmed elsewhere.

SilenceDewgooder
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
after SA set the record straight.. here's what I twitted

@SmartPeople4Ron Unity depends upon trust and if you putting out unverified facts as truth, you are hurting us all.. pls be more careful (this is me being nice)

his reply: @SilenceDwgooder I agree with what the article says. You might want to take your own advice. (so I did and verified it, Paul won the pop vote but only 1 delegate.... Mittens got 7 and 1 uncommitted) ... then I sent him the link...

jcannon98188
08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
We DID NOT get the majority in Washington. We were curb stomped in Washington. The GOP cheated us in too many major battles, and people just gave up on others (Thurston County we only had like 25% of delegates show up to the County convention, costing us an assured victory ((the other campaigns told their delegates to not expect to make it, because Paul was supposed to sweet Thurston, they were shocked when we did not show up en force)) )

No1butPaul
08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Wonder if our stealth delegates could factor in. Well, time is getting close for all the answers.

ChristopherShelley
08-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Wonder if our stealth delegates could factor in. Well, time is getting close for all the answers.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386845-HuffPo-THE-MOST-AWESOME-RON-PAUL-ARTICLE-EVER!!&p=4593401&viewfull=1#post4593401

No1butPaul

I've been waiting to decide how to proceed w/voting in the general election and I think the author brought up a good argument for voting Gary Johnson - it is the only way the GOP can see what they lost with the nasty, dirty tricks and cheating.

So, barring a miracle, it will be Gary Johnson. FU GOP - I am DONE with your slimly private criminal organization. Ron Paul could personally call me and ask me to vote for Romney and I would not do it.

"We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

No1butPaul
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386845-HuffPo-THE-MOST-AWESOME-RON-PAUL-ARTICLE-EVER!!&p=4593401&viewfull=1#post4593401

No1butPaul

I've been waiting to decide how to proceed w/voting in the general election and I think the author brought up a good argument for voting Gary Johnson - it is the only way the GOP can see what they lost with the nasty, dirty tricks and cheating.

So, barring a miracle, it will be Gary Johnson. FU GOP - I am DONE with your slimly private criminal organization. Ron Paul could personally call me and ask me to vote for Romney and I would not do it.

"We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

What's your fN point? I guess you are trying to claim there is some inconsistancy here ... I said "barring a miracle," HELLO. The way the campaign is caving, it doesn't seem likely, but stealth delegates are unknown. What's your problem Shelly? Join Date:Feb 2012

Don't make me call you out on this thread too.

ChristopherShelley
08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
It's Shelley, and my phone lines are always open.

Liberty74
08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
If the GOP hacks and the RNC from the beginning since Iowa (fake poll released by CNN to push Santorum and entire vans with votes went missing - Karl Rove laughed about on Fox News the night of the caucus) has made every attempt in almost every state to make sure Ron Paul did not win states through various measures, why do some believe one week away the RNC (establishment) is going to give in and play fair all of a sudden?

CPUd
08-22-2012, 04:00 PM
If the GOP hacks and the RNC from the beginning since Iowa (fake poll released by CNN to push Santorum and entire vans with votes went missing - Karl Rove laughed about on Fox News the night of the caucus) has made every attempt in almost every state to make sure Ron Paul did not win states through various measures, why do some believe one week away the RNC (establishment) is going to give in and play fair all of a sudden?

I don't think anyone at this point expects them to give in and play fair, but what people would like to see (and try to make happen) is that they be forced to play fair.