PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Video: Ron Paul People are Just Like You

amakris
11-18-2007, 02:24 PM
We're getting more an more "Ron Paul's supporters are nuts" pieces lately. What do you guys think about a video that shows the "nuttiness" of various supporters.

You could have a tagline during the entire video that says "______ supporter" for the appropriate supporter.

We need the "Bomb Mecca/torture=good" people on film acting their nuttiest. We also need them in the film to say "I support _____." I'd focus on candidates that are polling higher.

The "he's crazy" attacks are meant to dissuade parents from listening to their younger kids who are telling them that they should vote for Ron Paul. I've come across a lot of parents who tell me their kids like Ron Paul but they've heard that he's "out there."

Such a video would be a great, concise, convincing way to rebut these articles. The point would be not that Ron Paul doesn't have any nutty supporters. The closing message could be something like: "There's a lots of nuts out there (next slide) Focus on the actual candidate"

I'd recommend ***NOT HAVING ANY*** Ron Paul mentions at all. That is, *don't* close with "ronpaul2008.com" The point is to make this a "wash" issue.

Remember in 2004 how the Bush/Kerry military service issue became a "wash"? That was no accident. These things are designed by campaigns that way. Bush won that debate point by making the issue a "wash." Let's do that here.

Ron Paul's official campaign spearhead this or it looks like an attack. That's our job.

Thoughts?

amakris
11-18-2007, 02:56 PM
My Thread topic title is terrible, btw. Should probably be "Make this issue a wash".