PDA

View Full Version : RNC Platform Cmte Rejects NDAA Plank & Approves Paper Trail Audit of Electronic Votes

RobHino
08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/249994/rnc-platform-committee-rejects-ndaa-opposition-plank-but-approves-paper-trail-audit-of-electronic-votes

Margo37
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Good try though by I assume "one of ours" Just too discouraging, others sure didn't seem to understand the NDAA

kathy88
08-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Glenn Beck on his radio show this morning was ranting about how the GOP platform is so Pro-Liberty... As if the goons ever stick to the platform. But this time it will be different. My ass.

jkr
08-21-2012, 09:47 AM
sooooooooo the RNC agrees with oBAMa...again

waDDa surprise.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 09:53 AM
They were showing this on CSPAN yesterday. It was one of our guys, I would imagine, who tried to throw out foreign aid. But, in reality he got confused or something and was trying to throw out the changes that were being suggested to the plank on foreign aid that existed. Oops. So, it wasn't accepted and understandably so.

It was interesting to watch though.

RobHino
08-21-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't have all the details, but I assume our people proposed a platform plank which opposed the NDAA. Debate was short. The question was called, and the plank was defeated which means the GOP platform supports the NDAA. :/

Shouldn't be a surprise, but the approval of a paper trail plank for electronic voting machines is surprising! :)

CPUd
08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Republican National Convention Platform on C-Span 2 now, Live 11:45 EST

I don't have all the details, but I assume our people proposed a platform plank which opposed the NDAA. Debate was short. The question was called, and the plank was defeated which means the GOP platform supports the NDAA. :/

Someone in there must have seen the GA convention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzX6LcOmtY

COpatriot
08-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Glenn Beck on his radio show this morning was ranting about how the GOP platform is so Pro-Liberty... As if the goons ever stick to the platform. But this time it will be different. My ass.

Just more vindication. Beck never was one of us. He claimed to "not be a Republican" and railed against them like he really gave a damn when he was one of them all along. His goal was to steer people away from our movement and straight back to the GOP where they "belong". Because nothing says "pro-liberty" like unconstitutional, unprovoked wars of aggression that he loves and wants more of.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 10:00 AM

Shouldn't be a surprise, but the approval of a paper trail plank for electronic voting machines is surprising! :)

Not necessarily. We would have to see what exactly transpired. Our guys really goofed yesterday.

FSP-Rebel
08-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Glenn Beck on his radio show this morning
You must have a high threshold for pain.:)

RobHino
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

LIVE Feed to Platform Cmte...

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Republican National Convention Platform on C-Span 2 now, Live 11:45 EST

Thanks. :)

kathy88
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM
You must have a high threshold for pain.:)

Know thine enemy. Or better known as "taking one for the team!"

COpatriot
08-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Know thine enemy. Or better known as "taking one for the team!"

Exactly why I still listen to Hannity and Limbaugh even though Hannity in particular irritates the living hell out of me. Levin's voice and abrasiveness makes his show unlistenable so I turn it off when he comes on. But the local AM station here that carries all those heavyweights ended up dropping Beck from their weekday slots altogether and replaced him with Huckabee who is absolutely awful on the radio. Says a lot about the overall quality of Beck's material.

specsaregood
08-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Just more vindication. Beck never was one of us. He claimed to "not be a Republican" and railed against them like he really gave a damn when he was one of them all along. His goal was to steer people away from our movement and straight back to the GOP where they "belong". Because nothing says "pro-liberty" like unconstitutional, unprovoked wars of aggression that he loves and wants more of.

Hannity claims to not be registered Republican as well.

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Paper trails are actually not good enough. It totally depends how it's implemented.

DRE (Direct Recording Equipment) voting machines record on a tape that you cannot see. The machine itself could vote for Benedict Arnold all day and you'll never know.

Only at the end of the day does the tape come out and Ben has 500 votes and George Washington has 2.

I'm not necessarily against electronic voting. What we need is paper ballots that are scanned locally at the precinct and the results are posted locally in each precincts.

The best "paper trail" is the actual ballot, but it's good to have an electronic backup that can be verified later. With DRE machines, there is no true paper trail.

COpatriot
08-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Hannity claims to not be registered Republican as well.

And at the end of the day, the only two choices he'll ever have are Rs and Ds and we all know who Hannity is voting for.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Ha ha. Now they are talking about vote integrity.

wgadget
08-21-2012, 10:31 AM
We-ee-e-e-e-e-elllll...I'm shocked.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/report-gop-convention-surveillance-includes-behavior-recognition-software

Bastiat's The Law
08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm actually surprised how much we're influencing the platform. Just that we're debating some of these things on national tv is astonishing!

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Vote integrity discussed right now:
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I DON'T like the way the amendment is written. With that DRE machines are acceptable.

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:42 AM
They are changing it to: "Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail"

The election clerks and registrars with collectively throw a hissing fit! The majority of systems in existence DO NOT allow voters to verify their votes. It would be nice, but right now we can't do that pretty much anywhere I know.

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM
This is CRAZY, lady from SC wants to remove paper ballots because she "trusts voting machines more"!!

wgadget
08-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, geez. Why doesn't someone advocate putting surveillance cameras in the voting booths?

(See my previous post.)

RonRules
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Voter verified results can cause vote selling. That's correct.

They're making this too complicated. It's real simple:

Paper ballots scanned by a "dumb" scanner at the precinct, which just counts votes for each candidate and savers the results electronically.

Now the results info is in two places and stated publicly at the precinct.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 11:02 AM
This is CRAZY, lady from SC wants to remove paper ballots because she "trusts voting machines more"!!

Why isn't someone talking about the testimony before Congress about the proven hacking of voting machines??? I doubt many know about it.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Voter verified results can cause vote selling. That's correct.

They're making this too complicated. It's real simple:

Paper ballots scanned by a "dumb" scanner at the precinct, which just counts votes for each candidate and savers the results electronically.

Now the results info is in two places and stated publicly at the precinct.

You should have been there pitching that. :)

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh, ya gotta love it. The co-chairman is talking about "the elite", of which I am quite sure she belongs to. Since the cheating that went on this election cycle certainly didn't happen without her knowledge.

Oh, and now, rhetoric about returning government to the states, bloated federal government forcing us to pay things that we do not want. Hey, GOP establishment, how about those wars you love that have nothing to do with our national security?

LibertyEagle
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Ooooh, this delegate from Alaska is rockin' now!!! Go, man, go! Proposing a rebirth of the Grace Commission to identify those federal government functions that are constitutional. WOOHOO. Now, let's see if it passes.

Well, it failed. Apparently, he didn't work with the subcommittee on it and it had no sponsors. People weren't comfortable passing something so large with no debate having happened.

I think our guys are still learning the ropes here and aren't being as effective as they could have been.

Monotaur
08-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Ooooh, this delegate from Alaska is rockin' now!!! Go, man, go! Proposing a rebirth of the Grace Commission to identify those federal government functions that are constitutional. WOOHOO. Now, let's see if it passes.

Well, it failed. Apparently, he didn't work with the subcommittee on it and it had no sponsors. People weren't comfortable passing something so large with no debate having happened.

I think our guys are still learning the ropes here and aren't being as effective as they could have been.

I watched a replay of some of this debate later today. One of the delegates from Alaska was *awesome*, and another woman as well. Too bad flawed logic ("flawgic"?) and ignorance got in the way of the correct outcome.