PDA

View Full Version : Filling in the "gaps" in the official campaign

adwads
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
In light of the recent article highlighting some areas where the official campaign is "falling short" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38642), I suggest that we start brainstorming some ideas of how we can start doing some of the duties that we have abdicated to the "official" campaign, but which we don't feel like the campaign is handling adquately because of understaffing, or inexperience, or whatever.

Let's face it, Ron Paul is now a top-tier candidate and maybe his official staff isn't adquate enough at this point to handle the responsibilities that come with having such a candidate.

One thing that the article mentioned was making sure that all of Ron Paul's events are on the "AP playbook," whatever that is, so that all the press knows when his events are coming up. Maybe we could make some sort of "press portal" page that the media can visit that has some more information about Dr. Paul than is on his traditional website.

I'm willing to work on some of these things...

Hope
11-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I really don't like this idea. I know you have good intentions, but I think if we want Ron Paul to be top tier then we damned well better be the first ones in line to start treating him (and his campaign) as such. If anyone has a specific problem with the way campaign is handling something, they should bring those concerns to them, sure. But it is not our job to second-guess the campaign and call the campaign inadequate from the backseat.

Our job is very well defined and I don't think we need to distract ourselves by things like this. We need to be focusing on getting the contact info for RP supporters in our area, going door to door, raising money and raising awareness through sign waving and the like. All of us think we're pretty smart -- and I'd wager that compared to the supporters of other campaigns, we're definitely ahead of the curve -- and we think we know best about what the campaign is or isn't doing. But there can only be one official campaign that takes care of official campaign business. Let's not forget that Ron Paul won ten elections, three of which he ran as a non-incumbent. He knows what he's doing. Our jobs are big enough as it is, so let's stay on track with the responsibilities that have been given to us.

adwads
11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I dunno, I think we're already way beyond what traditional grassroots supporters do. I mean we're organizing fundraisers ourselves and paying for ads in newspapers and all of that. This has traditionally been a grassroots campaign. We ALREADY are doing things that in other campaigns, the official campaign staff handles.

What your advocating is to NOT look at what "gaps" need to be filled and to just let the status quo be. Getting Ron Paul elected is so important to me that I am willing to look at areas that need improvement and try to work on those areas.

What I was mainly suggesting, though, is that we set up some sort of website for the press to learn about ron paul and his events. We have to play the media game. I don't want the media to be unaware of ron paul events and then miss covering them for that reason.

courtney
11-18-2007, 08:07 PM
In light of the recent article highlighting some areas where the official campaign is "falling short" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38642), I suggest that we start brainstorming some ideas of how we can start doing some of the duties that we have abdicated to the "official" campaign, but which we don't feel like the campaign is handling adquately because of understaffing, or inexperience, or whatever.

Let's face it, Ron Paul is now a top-tier candidate and maybe his official staff isn't adquate enough at this point to handle the responsibilities that come with having such a candidate.

One thing that the article mentioned was making sure that all of Ron Paul's events are on the "AP playbook," whatever that is, so that all the press knows when his events are coming up. Maybe we could make some sort of "press portal" page that the media can visit that has some more information about Dr. Paul than is on his traditional website.

I'm willing to work on some of these things...

Didn't realise this thread existed until now, but I suggested here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38642&page=5) that since Dr. Paul has previously mentioned that the campaign is on "self-propel," maybe we should consider creating a fund for the grassroots level as well. Perhaps we could even steer the December 16th money bomb to the grassroots level instead of to National -- especially since National does have millions on hand anyway.

Then again, it may be too late to get something like this organized, not to mention the possibility of it being counter-productive. Just a thought....

AlexMerced
11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Didn't realise this thread existed until now, but I suggested here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38642&page=5) that since Dr. Paul has previously mentioned that the campaign is on "self-propel," maybe we should consider creating a fund for the grassroots level as well. Perhaps we could even steer the December 16th money bomb to the grassroots level instead of to National -- especially since National does have millions on hand anyway.

Then again, it may be too late to get something like this organized, not to mention the possibility of it being counter-productive. Just a thought....

the media would completley not notice it if the oney doesn't go national, RP knows what he's doing, he's waiting for the right time.

adwads
11-18-2007, 08:27 PM

I like the idea of having separate "funds" to donate money to in order to fund grassroots made commercials and stuff like that. But I think we should let the Dec. 16 thing be entirely money going towards the campaign, in order to get the big media attention that we are hoping for.

It's a good point about the campaign being on "self propel." In a lot of ways, I think Dr. Paul likes it like that. I don't think that he actually wants to be concerned with the nuts and bolts of campaigning--I think he would rather focus on the philosopy of liberty and communicating his ideas.

FreedomLover
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Too many cooks spoil the broth

Kap
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Here is a thought, what about a website dedicated to the number of delegates we have? We HAVE to increase them in other states than NH now.