PDA

View Full Version : The Last Word on Overpopulation

juleswin
08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
With all the discussion about over population and Bill Gates, I have decided to introduce into the discussion the commentary from one of my favorite youtuber on the topic. His argues that the world is not over populated, that human ingenuity always finds a solution to the accommodate the increasing population. He finishes it off by exposing the characters who have been behind the over population scare.

Its a very well made video with loads of information. You are bound to find new information to better defend your self against the over population scaremongers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3WlRxfWC0&feature=g-vrec

TRANSCRIPT AND SOURCES:
http://www.corbettreport.com/the-last-word-on-overpopulation/

donnay
08-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I love James Corbett. +rep

PaulConventionWV
08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
He made a good point. People who champion the cause of depopulation and all the followers of such an idea have a very twisted view of humanity. New human life is no longer potential good or promise, and it is no longer a good thing. New life is now a disease that we need to get rid of. Whether you advocate voluntary or involuntary depopulation, this sick agenda displays your messed up worldview.

These people are worse than fear mongers. They are death mongers. They love death and celebrate it as long as they are allowed to thrive. If you really think the world is over-populated, then the solution is to lead by example and off yourself. I am not encouraging this, but the implications of such a ludicrous cause are so vast, I don't think even the people who advocate it understand them. The statist implications, whether you advocate that or not, are also hard to avoid because the decision that some must die inevitably must be handled by a bureacratic state that avoids all blame. If someone decided to act on their own, they would be a murderer. It's okay if the government does it because it is approved death and there are no penalties.

This also brings moral implications. If you can kill and there are no penalties, the non-believer must arrive at the conclusion that, since you were "just doing your job" and nobody can hold you responsible, it was okay for you to do it. The soul may suffer, but the non-believer does not know why. They simply take their moral standings for granted and dismiss the idea that others may do the same things they did and feel no shame at all. There will be no justice for them according to the non-believer.