PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad: Kid murder vs FU note

Appalachia
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought this was kinda funny when I watched Breaking Bad today...

So for the people who have been following Breaking Bad, this 10 year old boy has been murdered because he was at the wrong place and at the wrong time, but appearently that's not offensive. (It ain't for me of course since it's just a show).
http://s17.postimage.org/t25qn31tp/Kid_Shot.png

But what appearently is offensive is this piece of paper that shows up 10 minutes later in the show that obviously says: "Fuck you" which was censored by the FCC (I think).

http://s9.postimage.org/4kg98ltun/image.png

Is that funny or what? :)

amy31416
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Argh--I have to get caught up. Only watched the 1st episode of this season.

But yeah, if that's the case, that is crazy.

CaptainAmerica
08-20-2012, 02:30 PM
watch "Winters Bone" ,probably a more realistic look into how meth damages peoples lives.

Nickels
08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
that is funny, don't they cuss throughout the show?

mczerone
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
watch "Winters Bone" ,probably a more realistic look into how meth damages peoples lives.

The show isn't really about the usage of meth, but when it shows users, it isn't kind. This thread is how crazed the FCC is for allowing the show to graphically show the murder of a child and disposal of the body, but can't even show a dirty word.

that is funny, don't they cuss throughout the show?

They say the "okay" words like "bitch" very frequently, but they don't allow f-bombs.

trey4sports
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
fuck the FCC!

John F Kennedy III
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA&feature=player_detailpage

fisharmor
08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
First Murderer
Where is your husband?

LADY MACDUFF
I hope, in no place so unsanctified
Where such as thou mayst find him.

First Murderer
He's a traitor.

Son
Thou liest, thou shag-hair'd villain!

First Murderer
What, you egg!
Stabbing him

Young fry of treachery!

Son
He has kill'd me, mother:
Run away, I pray you!
Dies
Exit LADY MACDUFF, crying 'Murder!' Exeunt Murderers, following her

However, WS never wrote "Fuck You" in any of his plays.....

Nickels
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM
The show isn't really about the usage of meth, but when it shows users, it isn't kind. This thread is how crazed the FCC is for allowing the show to graphically show the murder of a child and disposal of the body, but can't even show a dirty word.

They say the "okay" words like "bitch" very frequently, but they don't allow f-bombs.

Skyler did say "I fucked Ted". But there's gotta be times when Jesse or Mike get mad and yell out the f-bomb, I'll have to dig it out.

Sullivan*
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I thought this was kinda funny when I watched Breaking Bad today...

So for the people who have been following Breaking Bad, this 10 year old boy has been murdered because he was at the wrong place and at the wrong time, but appearently that's not offensive. (It ain't for me of course since it's just a show).
http://s17.postimage.org/t25qn31tp/Kid_Shot.png

But what appearently is offensive is this piece of paper that shows up 10 minutes later in the show that obviously says: "Fuck you" which was censored by the FCC (I think).

http://s9.postimage.org/4kg98ltun/image.png

Is that funny or what? :)

Wait, what? The second Todd shot the kid the credits rolled. WTF?

Philhelm
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Kid murder? I don't believe that life begins until the age of 18 years. Stop imposing your views on women's reproductive rights. ;)

sevin
08-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Skyler did say "I fucked Ted". But there's gotta be times when Jesse or Mike get mad and yell out the f-bomb, I'll have to dig it out.

I think Walt said "Fuck you" to his ex in the restaurant back in season 1 or 2. I love when the show only drops the f-bomb only once a season or so. It carries a lot more weight when they do it.

angelatc
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Did the FCC actually censor, or are you assuming that because it was censored, the FCC must be involved?

Because believe it or not, there are still people who find that word offensive, as well as people who realize that and don't necessarily want to offend the same audience they're trying to retain.

It also may be the bigwigs at AMC, who have a history a censoring the closed-captions: http://www.alldeaf.com/captioning-sign-language-interpreter/93588-amc-tv-censoring-captions.html

COpatriot
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
The guy that wrote the "Fuck you" note for the feds (Mike) is the show's best character. Love this show. Sucks that we only have two episodes left in this mini-season.

trey4sports
08-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Alternate ending to Season 5 "Dead Freight" episode.

If you are not up to date with the current season of Breaking Bad do not watch this video as it will spoil your mini-season!

That said, this video is a fan-created alternate ending blending Breaking Bad with Curb Your Enthusiasm to last weeks dead freight episode. It's pretty interesting. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmxRGD2CLU

VanBummel
08-20-2012, 10:51 PM
The guy that wrote the "Fuck you" note for the feds (Mike) is the show's best character.

Agree. He reminds me of George Carlin...

QuickZ06
08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Im so confused on whats wrong and right. FCC please help.

headhawg7
08-21-2012, 01:36 AM
The guy that wrote the "Fuck you" note for the feds (Mike) is the show's best character. Love this show. Sucks that we only have two episodes left in this mini-season.I agree...I love his character.

Also...the kid that was killed was 14 not 10. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Great show.

As to winters bone vs breaking bad. Two totally different types of shows. One deals with the actually manufacturing/distributing and some using of the product and deals with the main distributors of meth in this country.....the mexicans and other south american countries. The other deals with backwoods cookers and cooking families and how they interact with each other.

Both really exist in this country especially in the state in which I live. I have experienced it first hand and have intimate knowledge of both. The only commonality between the two is the drug itself and the problems that arise from it being hidden so to speak. The war on drugs causes these problems.

UWDude
08-21-2012, 03:05 AM
I laughed at that too.

BTW, Alex Jones pointed it out, and I saw it later. In season 3 or 4, with the Gail Buttecher character, (Walter's lab partner), after Jesse kills him, the DEA agent, Hank, is going through Gail's notebook, calling him a genius and shit, and while flipping through the pages, there is a Ron Paul bumper sticker leafed in the journal.

COpatriot
08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I laughed at that too.

BTW, Alex Jones pointed it out, and I saw it later. In season 3 or 4, with the Gail Buttecher character, (Walter's lab partner), after Jesse kills him, the DEA agent, Hank, is going through Gail's notebook, calling him a genius and shit, and while flipping through the pages, there is a Ron Paul bumper sticker leafed in the journal.

There's an episode towards the end of season 3 where there are two cars parked by the laundry (superlab) and if you look closely, one of them has a Ron Paul bumper sticker. Gale is inside at the lab so one would assume that the car was his. I would have never noticed it if I hadn't watched the episode a second time last month. Don't remember which one it was though.