PDA

View Full Version : HOTMAIL blocking Ron Paul emails.

Matthew Zak
11-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Through goprising.com I forwarded an email to many people, and a friend of mine told me that Hotmail put it directly into his spam folder.

Just thought you should know.

me3
11-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Hotmail is notorious for false positives on it's spam checking.

Maybe if someone here knows how to set up an SPF profile for GOPRising, they could help out.

BuddyRey
11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
That must be why my grandma is still pulling for Hillary. :mad:

Ron Paul Fan
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I get emails from the campaign in my regular hotmail inbox.

American
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
because its on a list it will trip a spam filter, I think there is a setting to allow emails from a domain you trust.

Matthew Zak
11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
because its on a list it will trip a spam filter, I think there is a setting to allow emails from a domain you trust.

That's too bad. There's still so many people who don't even know who Ron Paul is, how are they supposed to allow emails from a domain they don't know exists for no particular reason?

TechnoGuyRob
11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
It's probably just because the SMTP server GOPrising uses to send out e-mails is not approved by Hotmail.

This is easily fixed by using an SMTP server like mail.google.com.

That's how I got around sending e-mails for November 11th subscribers.

pcosmar
11-18-2007, 02:40 PM
With hotmail EVERYTHING goes into the junk mail unless you mark it as safe. Any new address that is not already on your SAFE list will get marked as spam.

TechnoGuyRob
11-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Not true. Not everything goes into spam.

Just send e-mail with mail.google.com as your SMTP man, it took me like 5 minutes to set up and it works like a charm. It'll get through ANY spam filter for ANY webmail service.

jake
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Not true. Not everything goes into spam.

but Hotmail does have VERY aggressive spam filtering.

slantedview
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
switch to gmail. its spam filtering is very accurate and its interface is better anyways :)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
this is fucked!

I have an email list of about 1,000 people who have bought from me on eBay over the years that I plan on sending out emails to over the next few days.
But this is from my hotmail account which is my ebay email address.....

jd603
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Seconded. Even with SPF they have a lot of false positives.

Hotmail is notorious for false positives on it's spam checking.

Maybe if someone here knows how to set up an SPF profile for GOPRising, they could help out.

J Free
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I just saw this thread. I've been busy trying to get goprising up (which it now is - even though I probably need a graphic on the home page) to pay attention here.

However, I have been looking through some of the aggregate stats and it does look like some of the emails that people are sending through our form are ending up in bulk/spam boxes. Or at least the response rates seem very low.

Can someone advise me what to do on my end to avoid this? Would queuing emails to certain domains (hotmail, google, yahoo, aol, etc) help? Is it even possible to do that?

I suppose I could produce a whole series of cut-n-paste emails which people could send from their own email box but I know that every extra click that you force people to go through also dramatically reduces their followthrough. Or perhaps providing ways for people to use their perosnalized impact page in a different way.

At any rate, I'd really like to hear more about any email snafus that may be happening.