PDA

View Full Version : Trends Forecast's Gerald Celente on the RON PAUL CAMPAIGN and who will win the election...

wgadget
08-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Found it in my daily LewRockwell. :)

He gives the scoop on why Ron disappeared. Sounds credible to me...

http://lewrockwell.com/wile/wile56.1.html

kahless
08-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Gerald Celente: He lacked the fire and passion. I said this when it was going on, that he would be marginalized at the debates. He would talk over the audience's head and he turned off a very large potential audience. ............. Look, you can't have it both ways. He didn't stand up and fight hard enough to gain his position.
........ Here's the truth: He let his core constituency down. They were fighting harder than he was. He lacked the passion.

Sounds about right.

Bastiat's The Law
08-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Celente looks and acts the part of a crackpot. All Celente threads should go to hot topics.

Natural Citizen
08-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Celente looks and acts the part of a crackpot. All Celente threads should go to hot topics.

I disagree with that. Celente is spot on. Frequently. Most young folks don't possess the history in any comparable aspect to Celente in my opinion. Much less be of the position to place those kinds of labels on him.

SilenceDewgooder
08-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Gerald Celente: He lacked the fire and passion. I said this when it was going on, that he would be marginalized at the debates. He would talk over the audience's head and he turned off a very large potential audience. ............. Look, you can't have it both ways. He didn't stand up and fight hard enough to gain his position.
........ Here's the truth: He let his core constituency down. They were fighting harder than he was. He lacked the passion.

This is exactly what I didn't like about the article...

It's not easy to try to help someone for an hour who chooses to ignore you... now, lets add 30 years and a hell of lot of more people who still choose to ignore you. It's not a question of his fire and passion; without Dr. Paul, do you think The Seed event would have this much attention? After 30 years of being beaten down and getting back up tends to wear down people... but I think Dr. Paul chose most of his actions to further the ideas of liberty instead of his own political or personal gains.

"You can protect your liberties in this world only by protecting the other man's freedom. You can be free only if I am free.” – Clarence Darrow

Natural Citizen
08-20-2012, 07:37 AM
This is exactly what I didn't like about the article...

It's not easy to try to help someone for an hour who chooses to ignore you... now, lets add 30 years and a hell of lot of more people who still choose to ignore you. It's not a question of his fire and passion; without Dr. Paul, do you think The Seed event would have this much attention? After 30 years of being beaten down and getting back up tends to wear down people... but I think Dr. Paul chose most of his actions to further the ideas of liberty instead of his own political or personal gains.

"You can protect your liberties in this world only by protecting the other man's freedom. You can be free only if I am free.” – Clarence Darrow

Well. Of course we aren't going to like it. But it is what it is. Celente was no where at all as critical of Paul as he is when discussing other representatives. And that's saying something for Celente. He's tough and usually doesn't hold too much back.

Back to Paul. The man's done enough. It's somebody elses turn now. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

As far as passion goes...well...there's a lot to be said about the spirit that was 76. Another year older now but maybe we'll be so lucky to hear him continue in some form once the circus is over.

donnay
08-20-2012, 07:46 AM
"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it." ~ Mark Twain.

Great interview and great quote!

jbauer
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Agree, It was Paul's job to wake as many people as he could up. Its "our" job to keep doing it.

Well. Of course we aren't going to like it. But it is what it is. Celente was no where at all as critical of Paul as he is when discussing other representatives. And that's saying something for Celente. He's tough and usually doesn't hold too much back.

Back to Paul. The man's done enough. It's somebody elses turn now. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

As far as passion goes...well...there's a lot to be said about the spirit that was 76. Another year older now but maybe we'll be so lucky to hear him continue in some form once the circus is over.

Ender
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Read this earlier on LRC and disagree with Celente about RP's fire and passion.

Because Ron Paul doesn't express himself the way Celente does, does NOT mean the man doesn't have passion. If he didn't none of us would be here today.

ninepointfive
08-20-2012, 10:41 AM
good article - now's the time to get your money out of 401k's.

Even if you believe the economy is going to rebound, your returns are currently less than inflation! well, unless you have a very good portfolio. Anyone have a portfolio making more than 4%?

ninepointfive
08-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Read this earlier on LRC and disagree with Celente about RP's fire and passion.

Because Ron Paul doesn't express himself the way Celente does, does NOT mean the man doesn't have passion. If he didn't none of us would be here today.

true, but there are a lot of people who like Ron's platform if it weren't for Ron Paul - of course his image has been tainted by the pundits. But how do you explain that?

sailingaway
08-20-2012, 10:44 AM
true, but there are a lot of people who like Ron's platform if it weren't for Ron Paul - of course his image has been tainted by the pundits. But how do you explain that?

because he doesn't bend on the parts they don't like. He's consistent and some don't REALLY want that, on the 'hard stuff'. Whatever the 'hard stuff' is, for them.

I know a lot who are the opposite, someone else mouthing Ron's words (as we saw all over the stage at GOP debates) is irrelevant, you have to have proven the good character to stick to it and fight for the people above your own advancement, as Ron has, and who else has, again? Can't think of one in modern times.

Natural Citizen
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Agree, It was Paul's job to wake as many people as he could up. Its "our" job to keep doing it.

Don't know about it being his job to do that. Duty, I can accept. And because of that am left with the idea that Ron truly is something special. Agreed in the fact that it's a phenomenon more practical toward change when shared.

Of course there will be some who view the notion as a job and they'll be the ones (many I should say. Certainly not all) who will undoubtedly try to hurry up and grab some office and I do fear that the hurry up and blend in like you're on the bus gag may repeat itself like it did with the instant TEA a ways back. These were the products of job before duty. And in this day of corporate government where of, by and for is redefined to serve an entirely different environment of "persons" they must be understood to be diametrically opposed. Generally speaking.

That's only my own opinion though. Perhaps even over stated. Is what it is.

low preference guy
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
ron paul ran to spread a message, not to win. however, he would've accepted the presidency had he won by accident.

The Free Hornet
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
good article - now's the time to get your money out of 401k's.

Even if you believe the economy is going to rebound, your returns are currently less than inflation! well, unless you have a very good portfolio. Anyone have a portfolio making more than 4%?

What exactly do you want to put your money into that you cannot buy with your 401K?

Edit: there are lots of things: land, physical gold, many plans do not allow individual stocks (etc), but one ought to be able to reduce exposure to S&P (for example)

AJ Antimony
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Bullshit. Maybe Gerald should try non-stop campaigning and see how he can handle it. Maybe Gerald should try teaching voters about the Federal Reserve and foreign policy and also winning those voters in the same election.

SilenceDewgooder
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Bullshit. Maybe Gerald should try non-stop campaigning and see how he can handle it. Maybe Gerald should try teaching voters about the Federal Reserve and foreign policy and also winning those voters in the same election.

Holy Sh*t... we actually agree on something in the forums..... must be Ron Paul's Birthday #HappyBirthdayRonPaul