PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Dr.Paul and David Walker of the GAO should meet publicly?

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4835194741412467759&q=ron+paul&total=15114&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=0 This link is Walker speaking to the press.

The head of the General Accounting Office has been screaming for attention for the last 10 months for someone to pay attention to the U.S. economic situation.

No one in politics will listen. Since Dr. Paul is the only one talking about anything regarding the U.S. money situtation, do you think it would help the campaign if we pushed for a public meeting between the two? Seems like it might be a double edged sword but maybe not...what do you think?

Alabama Supporter
11-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, he should. So far Fred is the only one who is addressing Walker's distress calls.

We all know Fred won't change a darn thing. Ron needs to hook up with this guy for sure.

undergroundrr
11-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I enjoy the articles I've seen about Walker, and he seems very courageous and sensible about the country's financial mess. However, I also think he's for increased taxes to accompany spending cuts as a first line of attack on the problem. Paul's redistribution of war money is not something Walker can entertain politically.

The GAO also put out a damning report last week about the TSA's failure to screen for bomb components being carried into airports. This can be read two ways. Neocons will say that more money needs to be spent on the TSA. From our perspective, it makes a good case for private security being much preferable to the failed government attempt.

David Walker has to remain non-partisan. Fred's lip service to Walker shows good intentions, but Walker's job description precludes him ever returning the favor to any candidate for office.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
He invited all the Democrats to meet with him and only Gravel showed up. I'm sure it was a similar story on the Republican side.

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I enjoy the articles I've seen about Walker, and he seems very courageous and sensible about the country's financial mess. However, I also think he's for increased taxes to accompany spending cuts as a first line of attack on the problem. Paul's redistribution of war money is not something Walker can entertain politically.

The GAO also put out a damning report last week about the TSA's failure to screen for bomb components being carried into airports. This can be read two ways. Neocons will say that more money needs to be spent on the TSA. From our perspective, it makes a good case for private security being much preferable to the failed government attempt.

David Walker has to remain non-partisan. Fred's lip service to Walker shows good intentions, but Walker's job description precludes him ever returning the favor to any candidate for office.

So, are you saying it would do more harm to us if they met? I see a lot of positives in this but I think its important to get the downsides out in the open here before pushing to have the meeting.....we dont need any more fear mongering about how RP would destroy all programs etc.:o

undergroundrr
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
No, I'm just saying I don't think Walker will do anything that will be seen as endorsing a candidate or party. The GAO is supposed to be resolutely non-partisan.

I do think it would be helpful if Dr. Paul had gotten the jump on quoting Walker early in the campaign. Now I'm afraid it would look like he's copying Fred.