PDA

View Full Version : MoveOn Ad: Romney's Racist Strategy/ I'm no fan, but had to lol

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0ccPh3YYH4

James Madison
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Could you post a brief summary of the video? I'd rather not subject myself to voluntary IQ reduction.:D

angelatc
08-18-2012, 09:28 PM
"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell....."

uh....

angelatc
08-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Could you post a brief summary of the video? I'd rather not subject myself to voluntary IQ reduction.:D

Democrats are always the victims. So this economy is not Obama's fault. And black people don't have IDs. The end.

AuH20
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Complete and utter horseshit. Boy are they desperate to even greenlight something like this.

angelatc
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Complete and utter horseshit. Boy are they desperate to even greenlight something like this.

MoveOn.org isn't officially connected to the Democrats. They tend to get a little more outrageous than the Democrats would like at times. (Not that the Democrats don't agree, but they're not supposed to say it. )

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Democrats are always the victims. So this economy is not Obama's fault. And black people don't have IDs. The end.

Pretty good brief summary. :p

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Oh goody,,more race baiting.
Both sides do it so it can't be blamed on either when SHTF.

This should some tensions to the Tampa circus.

:(

AuH20
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM

- Romney is a corrupt plutocrat & serial dog abuser who cannot possibly compare to the champion of the people, Barack Obama
- Republicans are inflexible and not colluding with the democrat agenda as they have in the past
- Poor Barack Obama is being hamstrung by this "intentional" gridlock and consequently can't provide the beleaguered people with more rainbows and unicorns.
- Republicans are attacking minorities by pushing for <GASP!> personal identification at polling booths.

angelatc
08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
- Romney is a corrupt plutocrat who cannot possibly compare to the champion of the people, Barack Obama
- Republicans are inflexible and not colluding with the democrat agenda as they have in the past
- Poor Barack Obama is being hamstrung by this "intentional" gridlock and consequently can't provide the beleaguered people with more rainbows and unicorns.
- Republicans are attacking minorities by pushing for <GASP!> personal identification at polling booths.

Oh sure...if you want to use big words. ;)

HOLLYWOOD
08-18-2012, 10:33 PM
lol... dynamic dumbbells... such morons Damn I was waiting for the short circuited freak Jeanne Garlafalo to spew her lobotomistic finale.

Just what I thought...
http://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/icon_comments_disabled-vflxokpZC.png Comments are disabled for this video.

KingRobbStark
08-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Judging by that girls lips I bet she gives good bj's. I know this post seems inappropriate, but I had share this useless opinion that has nothing to do with this useless video with my homies on RPF.

Jingles
08-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Is being a liberal ever going to be classified as a mental disorder? These people has some victim complex issues and etc...

bunklocoempire
08-19-2012, 03:41 AM
"It's about the soul and direction of our country for the next fifty years"

I dunno, they sound sincere.....

Can you imagine going this Obamney approved direction for f i f t y years???

* shudder *

Whadda ya say we see if we can make it to September there toots?:rolleyes:

Nickels
08-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Just because Obama isn't a fair scapegoat for the failing economy, doesn't mean we need to re-elect him. One thing this ad admits, is that the anti-Obama ads are at worst "misleading" and Republicans "just want Obama to lose". Obama supporters are no better, they don't care about saving either the economy or the country, they just want Obama to win.

Nickels
08-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Is being a liberal ever going to be classified as a mental disorder? These people has some victim complex issues and etc...

Oh yes, unlike teabaggers. Teabaggers don't blame the liberal media, they don't think everything was perfect until Jan 2009, right?

DerailingDaTrain
08-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Has anyone ever actually met someone without a (except small children) photo ID? I haven't.....weird.

“So it’s crazy — but obviously Republicans, because they love the country and because the Constitution, they ask themselves what is that thing that maybe black people can’t get to? What do we have that they don’t have? Well, they take the bus because they’re poor. So they don’t have a car. They don’t need a picture ID. You know, Tagg Romney doesn’t have this problem. He has a picture ID.” -Bill Maher

According to the liberals you need to be the son of a wealthy man in order to obtain a photo ID.

moostraks
08-19-2012, 07:16 AM
About 3:40 mark + "A racist strategy to stop voters that they think are statistically inclined to vote for Obama...we need to sit up and take notice the GOP's plan can win them the white house if Obama supporters don't take action"

Who is racist? I am thinking the ones who claim that politics should be merely an extension of one's race/color of one's skin and claim that said voting bloc is in the bag for Obama.

roho76
08-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh yes, unlike teabaggers. Teabaggers don't blame the liberal media, they don't think everything was perfect until Jan 2009, right?

I'm pretty sure the tea party and the economic debate started while bush was in office and the election campaigns were at full speed ahead. While Ron Paul and the grassroots started the tea party it was co-opted long before Obama was even elected.

pcosmar
08-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Has anyone ever actually met someone without a (except small children) photo ID? I haven't.....weird.

According to the liberals you need to be the son of a wealthy man in order to obtain a photo ID.

Prior to the 1900s,, how many people had photo IDs?

Now I disagree with the race baiting,, BUT NO ONE needs to have a Photo ID.
Certainly not the National IDs that are being proposed by many.

jonhowe
08-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Agreed!

angelatc
08-19-2012, 09:22 AM

Teabaggers? Really? You can't even say Tea Party?

cajuncocoa
08-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh yes, unlike teabaggers. Teabaggers don't blame the liberal media, they don't think everything was perfect until Jan 2009, right?I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Ron Paul supporter use the term "teabagger" before. :rolleyes:

pcosmar
08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Ron Paul supporter use the term "teabagger" before. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you still haven't.

Origanalist
08-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure you still haven't.

I think that's a reasonable conclusion.

Nickels
08-19-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure the tea party and the economic debate started while bush was in office and the election campaigns were at full speed ahead. While Ron Paul and the grassroots started the tea party it was co-opted long before Obama was even elected.

The current Tea Party (or, the bigger one), with Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Michel Bachmann, Koch Brothers, did not start with Ron Paul. They are simply Republicans who lost the election and are angry (and will shut up on a heartbeat if there's a Republican President). Yes, I am aware Ron Paul's supporters started a Tea Party celebration in 2007, but that's not the one the media is covering.

Nickels
08-19-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Ron Paul supporter use the term "teabagger" before. :rolleyes:

Not when referring to themselves.

MelissaWV
08-19-2012, 12:46 PM

Ah Pete, I know that you know this, but...

A) OMG We have to stop corruption in the voting booth by requiring a photo ID!!!
B) Wait. IDs are not free so it's like a poll tax.
C) I know! We'll make IDs free!
D) All IDs must be RealID compliant.
E) Free RealID for everyone!!!

Nickels
08-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Ah Pete, I know that you know this, but...

A) OMG We have to stop corruption in the voting booth by requiring a photo ID!!!
B) Wait. IDs are not free so it's like a poll tax.
C) I know! We'll make IDs free!
D) All IDs must be RealID compliant.
E) Free RealID for everyone!!!

That, or the Obamacare logic

Problem : So many Americans are without health coverage
Solution : force everybody to buy it

Nickels
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM

so how you propose verifying voter status? How did they do it back then?

Do we just let anybody vote? Or not allow voting at all?

pcosmar
08-19-2012, 12:51 PM

Oh yes,, I do know it.
I just don't know any real difference between "R" and "D".

Well,,except skin tone this time.

MelissaWV
08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
That, or the Obamacare logic

Problem : So many Americans are without health coverage
Solution : force everybody to buy it

Frankly, this logic knows no bounds. I know you are relatively new and this didn't get much media, but I ran into the problem of my birth certificate being invalidated last year for "security purposes." This affected a whole lot of folks. The solution to replacing these security risk birth certificates? I could order an "enhanced" one online and have it sent by mail. Of course! No one cound intercept things THAT way!

There is no logic. None.

Nickels
08-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Frankly, this logic knows no bounds. I know you are relatively new and this didn't get much media, but I ran into the problem of my birth certificate being invalidated last year for "security purposes." This affected a whole lot of folks. The solution to replacing these security risk birth certificates? I could order an "enhanced" one online and have it sent by mail. Of course! No one cound intercept things THAT way!

There is no logic. None.

what did you need it for, if you don't mind me asking.

pcosmar
08-19-2012, 12:55 PM
so how you propose verifying voter status? How did they do it back then?

Do we just let anybody vote? Or not allow voting at all?

Yes,, you let anyone vote. All voting precincts are local. and can recognize people that live there,, and anyone can sign their name or make their mark.. As has been done for centuries.

http://www.kerilake.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Make-your-mark-540x390.jpg

Nickels
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes,, you let anyone vote. All voting precincts are local. and can recognize people that live there,, and anyone can sign their name or make their mark.. As has been done for centuries.

Sure, that comes with the price of cities with more illegal aliens being allowed to vote. But what happens if it goes the other way, that a perfectly legal US born citizen is denied voting because the local worker "does not recognize him"? You can probably solve the dispute after the fact, but either you will waste more time, or the damage is already done.

MelissaWV
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
what did you need it for, if you don't mind me asking.

What do you need a birth certificate for? This was not just me, but anyone born in Puerto Rico. Lately, a birth certificate helps you demonstrate you're not an illegal. There are schools, passports, licenses, and other things that require a copy of your birth certificate. The old format is no longer valid/legal. It shouldn't matter what I need it for. If yours were suddenly rendered invalid and you were told you needed to get a new one with "enhanced" security features via a totally insecure method, I'm pretty sure you would have a "wtf?" moment about it, too.

Origanalist
08-19-2012, 01:03 PM

My State is all mail in. For "efficiency".

angelatc
08-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Not when referring to themselves.

Just to clarify, we think you're a intellectually retarded liberal posing as a Paul supporter, because Paul supporters don't use the crude liberal phrase that you used.

Hope that helped.

angelatc
08-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Sure, that comes with the price of cities with more illegal aliens being allowed to vote. But what happens if it goes the other way, that a perfectly legal US born citizen is denied voting because the local worker "does not recognize him"? You can probably solve the dispute after the fact, but either you will waste more time, or the damage is already done.

If a person doesn't care enough about voting enough to be bothered to get an ID, then I'm pretty sure no damage has been done. We prevented damage from being done.

There's still time. Let the liberals start a GOTID drive, instead of aggressively seeking to register up winos and welfare queens who only show up to vote for a piece of my income.

Liberals - all rights, no responsibilities.

DerailingDaTrain
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Do liberals know that in their utopia Canada everyone is required by law to show identification when they vote?

In Canada to vote, you must prove your identity and address. You have three options[1]:

(1) Show one original piece of identification with your photo, name and address like a driver's licence or an health card. It must be issued by a government agency.

(2) Show two original pieces of authorized identification. Both pieces must have your name and one must also have your address. Examples: student ID card, birth certificate, public transportation card, utility bill, bank/credit card statement, etc.

(3) Take an oath and have an elector who knows you vouch for you (both of you will be required to make a sworn statement). This person must have authorized identification and their name must appear on the list of electors in the same polling division as you. This person can only vouch for one person and the person who is vouched for cannot vouch for another elector. Examples: a neighbour, your roommate.

I don't see what the big deal is. Even if you don't have a driver's license you can still get a photo ID:

For persons not fit, eligible or due to personal reason refuse to operate a motor vehicle, state (United States) or provincial (Canada) agencies typically the same as the one issuing driver licenses will issue an Identification card with similar attributes to a driver license. Such a document does not enable the person to operate a motor vehicle, and is typically denoted on the ID via a 'Not a drivers license' or similar wording.

Nickels
08-19-2012, 07:04 PM
If a person doesn't care enough about voting enough to be bothered to get an ID, then I'm pretty sure no damage has been done. We prevented damage from being done.

Hey, I agree. I'm not the one who says "nobody needs an ID, we did it all before 1900, and for centuries".

There's still time. Let the liberals start a GOTID drive, instead of aggressively seeking to register up winos and welfare queens who only show up to vote for a piece of my income.

Libertarians - I'll take responsibility, but don't force anybody to.

MelissaWV
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Do liberals know that in their utopia Canada everyone is required by law to show identification when they vote?

I don't see what the big deal is. Even if you don't have a driver's license you can still get a photo ID:

Original card: $25
Renewal: $25
Duplicate: $25
Address change: $25

Poll Tax: The 24th Amendment, ratified in 1964, reflecting a political compromise, abolished the use of the poll tax (or any other tax) as a pre-condition for voting in Federal elections, but made no mention of poll taxes in state elections.

In the 1966 case of Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections, the Supreme Court overruled its decision in Breedlove v. Suttles, and extended the prohibition of poll taxes to state elections.

cajuncocoa
08-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey, I agree. I'm not the one who says "nobody needs an ID, we did it all before 1900, and for centuries".

Libertarians - I'll take responsibility, but don't force anybody to.That's right; we're not big on "force" :rolleyes:

AuH20
08-19-2012, 07:56 PM

Liberals can provide their ID for a library card but suddenly it's oppressive at the polling place??

moostraks
08-20-2012, 07:04 AM

You say this like it is a bad thing.

tod evans
08-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Poll Tax: The 24th Amendment, ratified in 1964, reflecting a political compromise, abolished the use of the poll tax (or any other tax) as a pre-condition for voting in Federal elections, but made no mention of poll taxes in state elections.

Poll tax?

http://www.poleworx.com/images/las-vegas-pole-dancing-vegas.JPG

Nickels
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM
You say this like it is a bad thing.

not directed at you, just found this today and thought it was funny to share :)
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/design/12014745/type/png/width/190/height/190/you-say-tea-party-like-it-s-a-bad-thing_design.png

angelatc
08-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Original card: $25
Renewal: $25
Duplicate: $25
Address change: $25

If you're that poor, we can assume that you're getting welfare money, so is it really too much to ask that you give $25 of it back so you can vote yourself more benefits? How pathetic that this is an excuse for allowing election fraud.

And some states already give ID for free, precisely because you already need it to claim benefits. Maybe that shouldn't require an ID either.

Alabama: A registered voter without such an ID can apply to the Alabama Secretary of State's office for a free Alabama photo voter ID card that also would be accepted at the polls. (http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/06/alabama_lawmakers_pass_budgets.html)

ETA: SO far, every state that I have found a voter ID law also has a policy of supplying free photo IDs. So tell me, exactly which state are you citing here?

angelatc
08-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Uh, yeah. Is that supposed to be an insult?

But they won't save them from the consequences either.

MelissaWV
08-20-2012, 03:36 PM
If you're that poor, we can assume that you're getting welfare money, so is it really too much to ask that you give $25 of it back so you can vote yourself more benefits? How pathetic that this is an excuse for allowing election fraud.

And some states already give ID for free, precisely because you already need it to claim benefits. Maybe that shouldn't require an ID either.

Alabama: A registered voter without such an ID can apply to the Alabama Secretary of State's office for a free Alabama photo voter ID card that also would be accepted at the polls. (http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/06/alabama_lawmakers_pass_budgets.html)

ETA: SO far, every state that I have found a voter ID law also has a policy of supplying free photo IDs. So tell me, exactly which state are you citing here?

I looked up how much a photo ID is in Florida. Deciding $25 isn't a whole lot of money to require someone to pay in order to vote, seems a bit ridiculous. Your venom on this issue is misdirected. If the IDs are given away for free, which I mentioned earlier in this thread, then it avoids the problem of being seen as a poll tax.

Why you've gotten all bent out of shape over it, I'll never know.

angelatc
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I looked up how much a photo ID is in Florida. Deciding $25 isn't a whole lot of money to require someone to pay in order to vote, seems a bit ridiculous. Your venom on this issue is misdirected. If the IDs are given away for free, which I mentioned earlier in this thread, then it avoids the problem of being seen as a poll tax.

Why you've gotten all bent out of shape over it, I'll never know.

Because people need an ID to do almost everything else in the country, including but not limited to: buying liquor, driving a car, entering certain tourist attractions, getting a job, collecting benefits...the list goes on.

I fail to believe that people who aren't engaged enough in society to do any of those things are justifiably enamored with to their "right" to vote, and that that asking for an ID is worth the drama the liberals made of it. And yes - if they're collecting welfare, then I don't see why I shouldn't have an opinion in how they spend $25 dollars of it every 6 years.

But in Florida, your public assistance ID is a photo ID, and it is accepted as proof of ID for voting purposes, so it's a non-issue.

MelissaWV
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Because people need an ID to do almost everything else in the country, including but not limited to: buying liquor, driving a car, entering certain tourist attractions, getting a job, collecting benefits...the list goes on.

I fail to believe that people who aren't engaged enough in society to do any of those things are justifiably enamored with to their "right" to vote, and that that asking for an ID is worth the drama the liberals made of it. And yes - if they're collecting welfare, then I don't see why I shouldn't have an opinion in how they spend $25 dollars of it every 6 years.

But in Florida, your public assistance ID is a photo ID, and it is accepted as proof of ID for voting purposes, so it's a non-issue.

You don't seem to get that it would still be a defacto poll tax. Even if I can afford it in the opinion of everyone else, forcing me to "pay to vote" is not allowed. This argument also applies to intelligence tests and other prerequisites that people like to bring up from time to time.

The only way to get around it is to have free IDs available to everyone, which is what those states will have to move towards, which is what I said earlier. Twice.

juleswin
08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
You don't seem to get that it would still be a defacto poll tax. Even if I can afford it in the opinion of everyone else, forcing me to "pay to vote" is not allowed. This argument also applies to intelligence tests and other prerequisites that people like to bring up from time to time.

The only way to get around it is to have free IDs available to everyone, which is what those states will have to move towards, which is what I said earlier. Twice.

Then again you are not allowed to vote without wearing pants or shoes. So by your logic, requiring people wear pants to vote is a defacto poll tax. Also imagine that most people have to commute to vote and yet again another poll tax. Get a freakin ID so I know who is it that is voting

MelissaWV
08-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Then again you are not allowed to vote without wearing pants or shoes. So by your logic, requiring people wear pants to vote is a defacto poll tax. Also imagine that most people have to commute to vote and yet again another poll tax. Get a freakin ID so I know who is it that is voting

You can also vote by mail, quite naked if you'd like, in many states.

It's fine. No one can fake an ID, and Lord knows those experts at the local church or school really scrutinize those things. Voting never goes wrong as long as there's a photo ID.

juleswin
08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
You can also vote by mail, quite naked if you'd like, in many states.

It's fine. No one can fake an ID, and Lord knows those experts at the local church or school really scrutinize those things. Voting never goes wrong as long as there's a photo ID.

Stamp tax then, last I hear mailing ain't free. But you bring up a good point, maybe we can dip our finger in permanent ink like they do in third world countries. That is one way to make sure everyone votes once while not subjecting us to a National biometrix ID

Origanalist
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
//

bunklocoempire
08-21-2012, 06:00 AM
http://s6.postimage.org/etvipdzsh/mushmind.png

"Ooohh-bama... Ooohh-bama... Ooohhhh...
Say it like it's a universal truth dammit!!!
Ooooohhhh-bama... Ooooohhhhhhh..."

http://s6.postimage.org/n0nigypv5/image.png

"Ooooohhhh-bama... Ooooohhhhhhh..."

http://s6.postimage.org/isxblydtd/image.jpg

"Eeehhh-bama... Eeehh-bama..who let the dogs out... Eeehhh-bama"

http://s6.postimage.org/3lhc1llyp/Ooo.jpg

"Uuuuuhhhh-bama...Uuuuhhh...Uuh"

http://s6.postimage.org/fomnp5x0x/no_o.png

"Uuuhhh no"

kathy88
08-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Don't they need photo ID to sign up for gubbmint gimmies?

MelissaWV
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Most voter fraud doesn't happen via impersonation, btw. It is done by the people counting the votes. It is done by tinkering with absentee ballots. It is done by "miscalibrating" machines before a vote ever occurs.

If you want to keep thinking an ID will fix it all, at least spare me the faux shock when everyone has their free RealID and voter fraud STILL happens.

heavenlyboy34
08-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Judging by that girls lips I bet she gives good bj's. I know this post seems inappropriate, but I had share this useless opinion that has nothing to do with this useless video with my homies on RPF.
This post contains more facts and relevant information than the OP video. :D

AuH20
08-21-2012, 05:36 PM

Is is that much of a hindrance to ask for some kind of form of ID?? To get in a bar you have to provide ID. To purchase alcohol. To sign up for a library card. To open a bank account. etc. This is a simple rudimentary task that a chimpanzee can do. I can't comprehend this enormous burden you're creating out of relatively nothing. Actually, I'll even go as far to say that if you don't have some form of identification (credit card, Costco card, etc.), you're not fit to vote. A complete civic failure.

MelissaWV
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Is is that much of a hindrance to ask for some kind of form of ID?? To get in a bar you have to provide ID. To purchase alcohol. To sign up for a library card. To open a bank account. etc. This is a simple rudimentary task that a chimpanzee can do. I can't comprehend this enormous burden you're creating out of relatively nothing.

I can't comprehend this ridiculous movement to require IDs from everyone when it has almost zero effect on voter fraud.

I also can't understand why people can't read an entire thread instead of picking up on just one post.

Origanalist
08-21-2012, 08:48 PM
This post contains more facts and relevant information than the OP video. :D

Agree.

pcosmar
08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Most voter fraud doesn't happen via impersonation, btw. It is done by the people counting the votes. It is done by tinkering with absentee ballots. It is done by "miscalibrating" machines before a vote ever occurs.

If you want to keep thinking an ID will fix it all, at least spare me the faux shock when everyone has their free RealID and voter fraud STILL happens.
Amen and amen.