PDA

View Full Version : Remember that guy who shot himself while handcuffed in the police car?

aGameOfThrones
08-18-2012, 04:30 PM
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Police video recorded the night a young man was fatally shot in a northeast Arkansas patrol car while his hands were cuffed behind his back hasn't resolved questions about whether he shot himself in the head as officers said.

Jonesboro police released footage to The Associated Press and other news organizations under a Freedom of Information Act request this week. They released more footage Friday amid questions about why the first batch of video appeared to end before the officers found Chavis Carter, 21, slumped over and bleeding in the back of a patrol car on July 28 as described in a police report. Police have said officers had frisked Carter twice without finding a gun.

The second batch of video occurred after Carter was discovered, police said.

"There's still nothing in there about what actually happened with Chavis," Benjamin Irwin, a Memphis-based lawyer representing Carter's family, said Friday before the second batch of video had been released.

The internal police investigation into the shooting has not yet been completed. The FBI has said it is also monitoring the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-release-video-ark-patrol-car-shooting-195637138.html

Chavis Carter’s death ruled a suicide, autopsy reveals

Investigators have finished their autopsy on a 21-year-old Arkansas man said to have shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a police patrol car. According to the report, Chavis Carter’s death is formally being ruled a suicide.

http://rt.com/usa/news/death-autopsy-police-carter-145/

TheTexan
08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
the first batch of video appeared to end before the officers found Chavis Carter, 21, slumped over and bleeding in the back of a patrol car

The second batch of video occurred after Carter was discovered, police said.

Camera wasn't working properly, these things happen, move along folks

phill4paul
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Searched. Not once, but twice. WTH?

aGameOfThrones
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM

They found the marijuana but not the gun, eh?

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 04:58 PM
They found the marijuana but not the gun, eh?

He must have used his jedi mind trick on them.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Camera wasn't working properly, these things happen, move along folks

Jesus weeping Christ...

Weston White
08-18-2012, 05:43 PM

I was pondering that as well, I mean if the police were involved in the loss of Chavis’ life, why do they keep emphasizing that he was not searched once, but twice. Is that part of their department policy or something to absolutely conduct two searches prior to placing the prisoner for transport? What is the point of placing such emphasize on that.

Hell, they might as well just come out and say that their police officers are not only incompetent, but that they are really, really, truly incompetent; still yet, what happened that day was not due to the fault of their own officers, for it was, after all, the prisoner that had shot himself while handcuffed and left unattended in the back of their police patrol vehicle.

Also, I just love that video that they made, it is as if they are staying that Chavis (or somebody else) had planted that gun at an earlier time in the back seat of their police cruiser and that he had just conveniently found the gun laying there next to him so he just decided on a whim to pick it and do what “he” had done. Notice how that manufactured video fails to address the aspect of how the overlooked gun was accessed by Chavis in the first place?

Be that as it may, according to the context of that video the gun would have had of been placed in an area around his waistband or buttocks, which indicates that the police who had searched him twice and discovered a small bag of marijuana on him, still somehow, had missed a freaking handgun that was concealed somewhere along his waistband (i.e., within finger range of a person that had their hands cuffed to their backside).

How do we know that the handgun was not left in the backseat by a prior prisoner and that Chavis happened to find it? Is there yet any evidence available establishing that this was in fact his handgun or that he is connected to it somehow (assuming that it was a “throwaway”, and if so is normal for petty drug dealers to carry such weaponry)?

ProIndividual
08-18-2012, 06:16 PM
He insulted one of the sociopaths, they shot him in the head. Mystery solved.

RSLudlum
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
No gun shot residue tests done on the officers or Charter after this happened?? I guess that would be too simple and reveal too much truth.

mport1
08-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I don't think I've EVER seen a single story where the cops were not lying in a story such as this. I'd believe the opposite of whatever they say. It will be much closer to the truth.

aGameOfThrones
08-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Chavis Carter’s death ruled a suicide, autopsy reveals

Investigators have finished their autopsy on a 21-year-old Arkansas man said to have shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a police patrol car. According to the report, Chavis Carter’s death is formally being ruled a suicide.

http://rt.com/usa/news/death-autopsy-police-carter-145/

TheGrinch
08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Hell, they might as well just come out and say that their police officers are not only incompetent, but that they are really, really, truly incompetent; still yet, what happened that day was not due to the fault of their own officers, for it was, after all, the prisoner that had shot himself while handcuffed and left unattended in the back of their police patrol vehicle.

Incompetency is the frequent excuse of government when they get their hand caught in the cookie jar. How many times have you heard "we failed you". Not saying some of the incompetence isn't real, but not to the degree that they use it as an excuse for their misdeeds. I mean, think about it, would you rather be charged for murder or negligence with possibly no penalty?

Now back to the case, a couple questions:

1) How can an autopsy reveal it was a suicide? I would think forensics would be able to tell you that much easier (and this case seemingly very easy if it was even possible for a handcuffed man to position the gun in the direction it was shot. They said he placed it on his temple, at an angle to exit out the otherside of the head? Umm, okay...)

2) The cameras just happened to have not caught the entire event in question? Pretty much tells you it's a coverup.

Root
08-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Can't they test for gunpowder on his hands? Would seem to rule out if he pulled the trigger or not.

TonySutton
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow, they are saying this guy placed a gun against his right temple and shot himself in the head while being double cuffed behind the back. Oh and he is a lefty. I am having a hard time believing this.

puppetmaster
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
he probably said that he was going to rat out the police for selling him the weed...

or from a Clinton family member

satchelmcqueen
08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
do a read on coroners in your county. most dont even have to be doctors, or have any medical knowledge at all. yet they get to be the ones who determine cause of death. i saw a documentary last year about this and how the cops can use this as a way to deem a murder by them as suicide. all they need is to be "friends" with the coroner. this persons family needs to insist that residue tests be done on his body and the cops guns if it isnt to late yet. the cops killed him and thats a fact.

Schifference
08-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

ghengis86
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, they are saying this guy placed a gun against his right temple and shot himself in the head while being double cuffed behind the back. Oh and he is a lefty. I am having a hard time believing this.

Were his hands behind his back when he shot himself? With your hands behind your back in cuffs, it's pretty easy to get them in front of you by tucking your legs up and pulling your hands under your feet. Granted, he was in the back of a cop car, where there's very little room to move. Just trying it myself with hands together, the only other way you could shoot yourself in the head with your right hand is to have your left arm as far as possible behind and across your back to your right side. It would be very, very hard (inside the back of a cop car) to get into this position and then tilt your head voer to your right side so that you could effectively aim at your temple.

I don't buy this BS for one minute.

TheTexan
08-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

I agree. The simplest answer is usually the correct. The simple answer here is obviously the cops missed the gun when frisking him, and the man managed to shoot himself in the head while handcuffed, and the minutes directly before were caught on film, and the minutes directly after were caught on film, but the minute where he actually shot himself in the head while handcuffed was not caught on film.

These things happen. Nothing to see here.

pcosmar
08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't buy this BS for one minute.

Anyone who does really needs to have their logic circuits checked.