PDA

View Full Version : Police Shoot Man Over 40 Times (Video)

donnay
08-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Police Shoot Man Over 40 Times (Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ&v=4cAAM4TXPdw#!

donnay
08-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Video captures Michigan man's shooting by police

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/michigan-police-shooting/index.html

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Shot at, or hit?

If they hit him 40 times, I'd reckon about 160 shots were fired, if I know typical cop marksmanship.

What was the alleged cause?

tod evans
08-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Shot at, or hit?

If they hit him 40 times, I'd reckon about 160 shots were fired, if I know typical cop marksmanship.

Lippin' off with a knife in his hand according to "The-News"...

In your words; Contempt of cop.

donnay
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Shot at, or hit?

Witnesses say 46 shots were fired from about 4 cops. Forty hit the man. He was angry and wielding a knife and a policewoman is heard screaming out at him to drop his knife. They also had a police dog there.

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Shot at, or hit?

They did it because they can. He had a knife and was agitated, it was still state sanctioned murder. There were six of them and shooting wasn't their only option. Just the one they chose.............murder.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Poor bastard brought a knife to a gun fight, eh?

Must have been close range.

Why are they issued tasers, again?

Witnesses say 46 shots were fired from about 4 cops. Forty hit the man. He was angry and wielding a knife and a policewoman is heard screaming out at him to drip his knife. They also had a police dog there.

They did it because they can. He had a knife and was agitated, it was still state sanctioned murder. There were six of them and shooting wasn't their only option. Just the one they chose.............murder.

But of course, Mundane.

Who are you to question our officer's safety?

alucard13mmfmj
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
they taser little girls and grandma... how come they didn't taser that guy or use beanbag/paintball gun?

seems the one time non-lethal force would be appropriate, they don't use it?

but... that dude made a mistake of walking towards officers. 4 officers/46 shots = 11-12 shots each. depending on which gun they used, an officer or two may have emptied their magazine on the guy.

phill4paul
08-18-2012, 01:14 PM
they taser little girls and grandma... how come they didn't taser that guy or use beanbag/paintball gun?

seems the one time non-lethal force would be appropriate, they don't use it?

but... that dude made a mistake of walking towards officers. 4 officers/46 shots = 11-12 shots each. depending on which gun they used, an officer or two may have emptied their magazine on the guy.

Tazers are for non-lethal compliance. Meaning the subject in question has no lethal weapons. Like a little girl or a grandma. If the subject has a lethal weapon it will end in gunfire. Circular Force Continuum and all that.

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Poor bastard brought a knife to a gun fight, eh?

Must have been close range.

Why are they issued tasers, again?

But of course, Mundane.

Who are you to question our officer's safety?

Tasers, or they could have let the dog go long enough to occupy him and subdue him. But the mans life wasn't importent enough to risk the attack dog.

donnay
08-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Tasers, or they could have let the dog go long enough to occupy him and subdue him. But the mans life wasn't importent enough to risk the attack dog.

If he killed the dog with the knife he would then be up on charges of killing an officer in the line of duty. :rolleyes:

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
If he killed the dog with the knife he would then be up on charges of killing an officer in the line of duty. :rolleyes:

True, but he would be alive to face them. The dog was too important to risk.

aGameOfThrones
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Firing squad

aGameOfThrones
08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
I can't defend the actions of the cops from what I saw in the video, can anyone else give it a shot?

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I can't defend the actions of the cops from what I saw in the video, can anyone else give it a shot?

Nope, firing squad describes it just fine. They became judge, jury, and executioner. Why do we need courts? Lets just let the police meet out justice however they see fit to.

tod evans
08-18-2012, 02:02 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3172/2772052540_09191af635_z.jpg

heavenlyboy34
08-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Nope, firing squad describes it just fine. They became judge, jury, and executioner. Why do we need courts? Lets just let the police meet out justice however they see fit to. Sounds familiar... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ut_e-F2F3z0/TPO49CLSKCI/AAAAAAAAANU/MuecS8tUbJQ/s1600/th_judge-dredd_000.jpg

I AM THE LAW!!

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Sounds familiar... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ut_e-F2F3z0/TPO49CLSKCI/AAAAAAAAANU/MuecS8tUbJQ/s1600/th_judge-dredd_000.jpg

I AM THE LAW!!

The future is here?

heavenlyboy34
08-18-2012, 02:20 PM
The future is here?
Yup. "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a jackboot stomping on a human face. Forever." -George Orwell

JK/SEA
08-18-2012, 02:42 PM
hmmm...kinda surprised drone strikes aren't used now. Officer safety and all that. Just firing your gun can hurt you.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
hmmm...kinda surprised drone strikes aren't used now. Officer safety and all that. Just firing your gun can hurt you.

They just got approval to fly them,, they need to ramp up production.
Give them a little time,, it's coming.

jkr
08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
when will we all acknowledge we are at, and HAVE BEEN at war with ourselves- for DECADES???

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/244143-police-chiefs-offer-guidelines-on-drones

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
They just got approval to fly them,, they need to ramp up production.
Give them a little time,, it's coming.

Yup.

First, "it's to monitor the border".

Then, "it's for surveillance of criminals".

Then, "it's for surveillance to prevent crime".

Then, once fully acclimated to the idea that you are under 24/7 drone surveillance, it will be, "we'll arm them for officer safety".

I reckon within five years you'll see the first armed drone strike on US citizens on US soil.

phill4paul
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Yup.

Then, once fully acclimated to the idea that you are under 24/7 drone surveillance, it will be, "we'll arm them for officer safety".

I reckon within five years you'll see the first armed drone strike on US citizens on US soil.

That is not a bet I would counter.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 03:33 PM
when will we all acknowledge we are at, and HAVE BEEN at war with ourselves- for DECADES???

Never.

Too many people here, who, if anybody, should know better, will not acknowledge that simple fact: that the government has declared war on us, and has, in fact, been on war footing against us for at least the past 20 years.

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Yup.

You think it will take that long? I imagine they will "find" justification before that.

dillo
08-18-2012, 03:36 PM
is it illegal to hold a knife?

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 03:36 PM
That is not a bet I would counter.

Neither would I.

Betting against that would be like betting against Man O' War and Secretariat, both, at the track.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 03:40 PM
You think it will take that long? I imagine they will "find" justification before that.

I think you will see "less lethal" armed drone attacks before that, CS gas, capsicum spray, bean bags or rubber bullets.

I think it will be a few years more, before they get up the nerve to smoke a bunch of us mundanes with a missile strike or automatic weapons fire from a drone.

Unless of course, a new "terror" attack happens.

Let them pull a false flag that kills 30,000 people this time around instead of 3,000, and all bets are off.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Any bet on Drones over Tampa?

We'll see.

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 03:46 PM

We'll see.

I would be more surprised if there weren't any.

aGameOfThrones
08-18-2012, 03:47 PM

We'll see.

Yeah, about 4k will be on-site during the RNC.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM

We'll see.

Count on it.

That place will have it's own satellite just for the event.

mad cow
08-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I can't get the vid to work for some reason but some in the comments section are saying that it is a plastic knife from a convenience store he is holding.
Can anyone who can see the video tell anything about the knife?

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I can't get the vid to work for some reason but some in the comments section are saying that it is a plastic knife from a convenience store he is holding.
Can anyone who can see the video tell anything about the knife?

No, the image isn't that good.

madengr
08-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I think you will see "less lethal" armed drone attacks before that, CS gas, capsicum spray, bean bags or rubber bullets.

I think it will be a few years more, before they get up the nerve to smoke a bunch of us mundanes with a missile strike or automatic weapons fire from a drone.

Unless of course, a new "terror" attack happens.

Let them pull a false flag that kills 30,000 people this time around instead of 3,000, and all bets are off.

The Active Denial System (the millimeter wave skin burner for crowd control) is already being retrofitted for airborne use. Hell, it 's already used in prisons. The logical conlusion is a torture booth (remember the Mirror, Mirror episode of Star Trek) that leaves no lasting effects.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/New-Laser-Weapon-Debuts-in-LA-County-Jail-101230974.html?UA=iPad

Anyway, see the big 100 GHz, 1MW Klystron tube on the cover of this book, that's what it's being developed for, airborne ADS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0981692303/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

LibertyEagle
08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
That CNN video shows it better. They kept shooting tons of bullets after the guy had already fallen to the ground. Man, oh, man.

She questioned why none of the cameras in the police cars at the scene recorded the shooting -- "none of them work."

Amazing, indeed. It was a good thing a citizen took the video, or no telling what the story would have been.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
The Active Denial System (the millimeter wave skin burner for crowd control) is already being retrofitted for airborne use. Hell, it 's already used in prisons. The logical conlusion is a torture booth (remember the Mirror, Mirror episode of Star Trek) that leaves no lasting effects.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/New-Laser-Weapon-Debuts-in-LA-County-Jail-101230974.html?UA=iPad

Anyway, see the big 100 GHz, 1MW Klystron tube on the cover of this book, that's what it's being developed for, airborne ADS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0981692303/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Very valid points, yes, I could see this deployed against us very easily.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 05:31 PM
That CNN video shows it better. They kept shooting tons of bullets after the guy had already fallen to the ground. Man, oh, man.

Cut to ribbons.

I can't watch any videos, any clue as to what type or size of knife?

(Not that it's really relevant)

LibertyEagle
08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Cut to ribbons.

I can't watch any videos, any clue as to what type or size of knife?

(Not that it's really relevant)

I can't tell. Sorry.

Origanalist
08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
She questioned why none of the cameras in the police cars at the scene recorded the shooting -- "none of them work."

Where did you get that from?

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
These cops were obviously decedents of the posse members that got Bonnie and Clyde.

Mystery solved! :)

-t

Weston White
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Tazers are for non-lethal compliance. Meaning the subject in question has no lethal weapons. Like a little girl or a grandma. If the subject has a lethal weapon it will end in gunfire. Circular Force Continuum and all that.

Gee, I hope you were just being facetious.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Gee, I hope you were just being facetious.

No, he was being bluntly truthful.

youngbuck
08-19-2012, 03:18 PM
You hear the main barrage of fire, he was probably at least 10, probably closer to 20 something times. The main barrage ends, and you hear at least one dumbass keep shooting him as he's dead on the ground.

If you or I did that (contuing to shoot him when he's on the ground, and obviously posing no threat), we'd almost certainly be charged with murder.

Pigs.

heavenlyboy34
08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
No, he was being bluntly truthful.
This^^

jonhowe
08-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I can't imagine how they're going to get away with this one.

But they will. Every one of them should be in jail, but none will go.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Shot at, or hit?

Actually, they said they fired at him 46 times and hit him 40, making their marksmanship well above 80%. I was very surprised, too.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
No, the image isn't that good.

Don't worry. I'm sure they will let us know if the knife was plastic when they finish their "investigation".

heavenlyboy34
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure they will let us know if the knife was plastic when they finish their "investigation".
Having been "cut" with a plastic knife quite a few times, I can assure you that they're veeeeery dangerous. /sarc

Travlyr
08-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Origanalist
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Actually, they said they fired at him 46 times and hit him 40, making their marksmanship well above 80%. I was very surprised, too.

At that range my little sister who doesn't shoot could have hit him. Plus they all already had their guns trained on him.

DamianTV
08-19-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article32221.htm

Video on the Link above...

Anti Federalist
09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Relevant bump