PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad's recent remarks

Brett85
08-18-2012, 09:02 AM
First of all, just let me say that I'm totally opposed to going to war with Iran. I think that having yet another war in the Middle East might be the end of our country as we know it. But, I think that some of the rhetoric coming from Iran's leaders makes it much harder for me and others to argue in favor of non interventionism. Ahmadinejad is simply giving the war hawks in the United States more talking points as they try to escalate the rhetoric in favor of starting yet another war in the Middle East. His latest rhetoric regarding Israel is quite abhorrent. How exactly do we make the case to others that Iran isn't a threat when they keep making these kinds of statements? Does anyone have any thoughts and suggestions on how we can can convince people to oppose military intervention in Iran? It just makes it an extremely hard sell to people when Iran's leaders keep making these kinds of ridiculous statements.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/109640/ahmadinejad-amps-up-threats-again

RickyJ
08-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Considering the source, this article has zero credibility with me. The nation that is pushing for war with Iran the most is not exactly a good source for unbiased and truthful information. And which nation is making all the threats of war? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Brett85
08-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Considering the source, this article has zero credibility with me. The nation that is pushing for war with Iran the most is not exactly a good source for unbiased and truthful information. And which nation is making all the threats of war? I think we all know the answer to that one.

There's been several recent articles that mention the remarks. I probably could've picked a better one than this. The author makes it sound like at the end he's one of the neo-conservatives. I'm certainly not, and oppose war with Iran. But I would like to see the Iranian people have a revolution and overthrow their government and replace their leaders with more sensible ones.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM

This,, and also add the fact that the country In question is actively making threats to kill millions in Iran,,and has been doing so for years.

And I have no doubts of their intention, and am sure they will eventually attack. At which point they will rightly deserve any and all retaliation that comes.

I do hope that can be delayed for a while.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 09:19 AM
. But I would like to see the Iranian people have a revolution and overthrow their government and replace their leaders with more sensible ones.

I would like to see that happen in Israel,,but doubt it will happen.
Israel was created to foment war,,and have been ever since.

RickyJ
08-18-2012, 09:19 AM
This,, and also add the fact that the country In question is actively making threats to kill millions in Iran,,and has been doing so for years.

And I have no doubts of their intention, and am sure they will eventually attack. At which point they will rightly deserve any and all retaliation that comes.

I do hope that can be delayed for a while.

I firmly believe only God has stopped it from already happening.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I firmly believe only God has stopped it from already happening.

Not stopped,,, delayed.
It will happen when the time is right.

And out of that destruction a "leader' will stand up,, Promising peace.
I expect an announcement from the smoking remains of Jerusalem.

ClydeCoulter
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Maybe they (Iran) believe they can counter and survive an attack? Maybe they see an attack as inevitable and have been preparing.

It's strange, to me, that people believe so many things, yet really don't. Are there technologies far above what we see as consumers, such as free unlimited power (electricity, etc)? Did they bring down a drone with any technology we don't know of? Is the Iranian government working hand in hand with TPTB to stir up WWIII? There are conspiracy theories about all of this, yet, no one really believes it, or do they?

jonhowe
08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
I often wonder how often leaders of other countries threaten each other, without any reporting. For example, does Uzbekistan ever threaten to wipe the Kazakhs off the map? And if it did, would it be on Drudge?

In other words, why do we care so much about these 2 countries? Always bothers me...

Brett85
08-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe they (Iran) believe they can counter and survive an attack? Maybe they see an attack as inevitable and have been preparing.

I think they want either Israel or the United States to attack them, because they know how much damage it will do to both us and Israel if we get dragged into yet another war.

juleswin
08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I think they want either Israel or the United States to attack them, because they know how much damage it will do to both us and Israel if we get dragged into yet another war.

How can u say such a thing? Nobody wants the US to attack them. War with the US is like getting attacked with a chainsaw, even if you prevail, your will be mangled, broken and scared. Its not something anybody wants. Maybe they are saber rattling in the hope that they scare off the US. The only problem is that it wouldn't work, the attack is inevitable if Romney or Obama wins and all indications show one of em will likely win the election.

This is the same lie they told about Saddam and WMD. The lie is that he wasn't truthful about his not having WMD because he was deadly afraid of the Iranian govt than the US govt. Nobody want a tussle with the US

shane77m
08-18-2012, 10:17 AM

Most Christians I know think that is Obama. LOL
Looking at his record I think it is safe to say that he will not be promising peace.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Most Christians I know think that is Obama. LOL
Looking at his record I think it is safe to say that he will not be promising peace.

It will not be an American.
The US has no place in things to come.

donnay
08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
It will not be an American.
The US has no place in things to come.

Is Obama really an American? That's the $64,000 question.

Brett85
08-18-2012, 10:29 AM
How can u say such a thing? Nobody wants the US to attack them. War with the US is like getting attacked with a chainsaw, even if you prevail, your will be mangled, broken and scared. Its not something anybody wants. Maybe they are saber rattling in the hope that they scare off the US. The only problem is that it wouldn't work, the attack is inevitable if Romney or Obama wins and all indications show one of em will likely win the election.

This is the same lie they told about Saddam and WMD. The lie is that he wasn't truthful about his not having WMD because he was deadly afraid of the Iranian govt than the US govt. Nobody want a tussle with the US

I would just think that all of the incendiary rhetoric would make the United States more likely to attack Iran, not less. It gives more ammunition to the neo-conservatives within the United States. They would be less likely to be attacked if they didn't make these kinds of comments.

angelatc
08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
First of all, just let me say that I'm totally opposed to going to war with Iran. I think that having yet another war in the Middle East might be the end of our country as we know it. But, I think that some of the rhetoric coming from Iran's leaders makes it much harder for me and others to argue in favor of non interventionism. Ahmadinejad is simply giving the war hawks in the United States more talking points as they try to escalate the rhetoric in favor of starting yet another war in the Middle East. His latest rhetoric regarding Israel is quite abhorrent. How exactly do we make the case to others that Iran isn't a threat when they keep making these kinds of statements? Does anyone have any thoughts and suggestions on how we can can convince people to oppose military intervention in Iran? It just makes it an extremely hard sell to people when Iran's leaders keep making these kinds of ridiculous statements.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/109640/ahmadinejad-amps-up-threats-again

Unless you speak Farsi, take everything other people claim he "says" with a grain of salt.

ExPatPaki
08-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow, 2 Ahmadinejad threads on RPF within 2 days. You guys are getting really obsessed with Iran's Jesus-look-a-like puppet leader.

juleswin
08-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I would just think that all of the incendiary rhetoric would make the United States more likely to attack Iran, not less. It gives more ammunition to the neo-conservatives within the United States. They would be less likely to be attacked if they didn't make these kinds of comments.

Anymore likely than it would have been if he had just shut his mouth? I doubt it.

angelatc
08-18-2012, 10:38 AM

I don't believe anything can make the warmongers less likely to attack. They don't need ammunition, permission or even a reason. They are psychotic.

Tinnuhana
08-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Has al-Jazeera put this up with their own translation to English? Or maybe the Irani gov't itself? There are still peopole who believe Khruschev said, "We will bury you".

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/08/201281717556151270.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImtxnMhx6m4&playnext=1&list=PL2AAD96F5A5491225&feature=results_video

angelatc
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow, 2 Ahmadinejad threads on RPF within 2 days. You guys are getting really obsessed with Iran's Jesus-look-a-like puppet leader.

It's the neocons and the Jews that are obsessed with him. If we ignored him, and let him run his isolationist little theocracy into the ground, most of us would be perfectly happy.

Instead, we focus on him like he's our ex-girlfriend.

ExPatPaki
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Has al-Jazeera put this up with their own translation to English?

I wouldn't even trust the Qatari-owned al-Jazeera with the translation.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 10:41 AM

I don't think Iran wants anyone to attack them. They have been getting attacked for over 50 years.

I do think the Rothschild Empire does want war and are pushing it,,manipulating for it.
And it has nothing to do with anyone "winning".

ExPatPaki
08-18-2012, 10:43 AM
It's the neocons and the Jews that are obsessed with him. If we ignored him, and let him run his isolationist little theocracy into the ground, most of us would be perfectly happy.

Haha, well I wouldn't say they are isolationist, they actually are quite interventionist, but they have to be in response to US interventionism. I do stand up for Iran on this forum, but I also have lots of problems with their government and how its run.

jay_dub
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM

It's strange, to me, that people believe so many things, yet really don't. Are there technologies far above what we see as consumers, such as free unlimited power (electricity, etc)? Did they bring down a drone with any technology we don't know of? Is the Iranian government working hand in hand with TPTB to stir up WWIII? There are conspiracy theories about all of this, yet, no one really believes it, or do they?

I think that the NWO is not really a global thing. It seems like the world is divided up along the lines of those nations with debt based economies vs everybody else. The thing is...the debt based countries are getting desperate and they have an awful lot of weaponry. Now, within that there is a lot of opportunistic maneuvering going on but, when push comes to shove, we will see the divide more clearly.

Right now the best indicator is the global debt clock.

All this is JMO.

http://ca.gdc_economist.economist.com.s3.amazonaws.com/1x1trans.gif

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

angelatc
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Haha, well I wouldn't say they are isolationist, they actually are quite interventionist, but they have to be in response to US interventionism. I do stand up for Iran on this forum, but I also have lots of problems with their government and how its run.

I don't think any of us here support the philosophical concept of theocracy, and Iran is certainly a prime example of why, but....

How are they interventionist??

Demigod
08-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think any of us here support the philosophical concept of theocracy, and Iran is certainly a prime example of why, but....

How are they interventionist??

They fight trough pawns like Hezbollah and the Shia militias in Iraq.Also their goal has for a long time been to take down the Saudis and their emir allies.The problem is that they are the USA allies so that is where the problems come from.

musicmax
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
His latest rhetoric regarding Israel is quite abhorrent.

It is if you believe the inaccurate reporting of it. Here, for example, is the AP article being reprinted in hundreds of newspapers:
----------------------
Iran: Israel's existence 'insult to all humanity'
Associated Press
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Israel's existence is an "insult to all humanity," Iran's president said Friday in one of his sharpest attacks yet against the Jewish state, as Israel openly debates whether to attack Iran over its nuclear program.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said confronting Israel is an effort to "protect the dignity of all human beings."

"The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity," Ahmadinejad said.
-----------------------------

Note that AP conflates "the Zionist regime" with "Israel". "The Zionist regime" is a reference to the belief in current Israeli government that Israel has the right to expand beyond the 1967 borders.

AP's irresponsible reporting is like taking the Obama administration's line that "Assad needs to go" and reporting it as "Obama: 'Destroy Syria'".

With any reports on the Middle East, it's imperative that you pay attention to where the quote begins and ends, and that the reporter is using a reliable translation. This all started with the infamous - and extremely false - "face of the map" quote that was (a) misquoted (the Farsi word for 'map' is not in the actual words spoken); (b) reported without context (Ahmadinijad was quoting a previous leader, not making an original statement); (c) also a reference to the regime and not to the country itself.

musicmax
08-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Has al-Jazeera put this up with their own translation to English? Or maybe the Irani gov't itself?

Actually the whole "face of the map" misquote started from a bad Iranian government translation.

There are still people who believe Khruschev said, "We will bury you".

But Sting is always right....

ExPatPaki
08-18-2012, 11:30 AM
They fight trough pawns like Hezbollah and the Shia militias in Iraq.Also their goal has for a long time been to take down the Saudis and their emir allies.The problem is that they are the USA allies so that is where the problems come from.

What Demigod said. Iran also supports Shia groups all around the Islamic world; countries like Pakistan, Bahrain, Qatar etc. They support Palestinians groups as well. Saudi Arabia sees this as a threat to its interests around the Islamic world and they usually counter it by supporting terrorist groups which do suicide bombings, be-headings, etc. Analysts will say that Pakistan has been a central location for a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, although Saudi Arabia is the one which supports groups which use barbaric methods.

ExPatPaki
08-18-2012, 11:32 AM
musicmax,

Do you know Farsi?

angelatc
08-18-2012, 11:52 AM
They fight trough pawns like Hezbollah and the Shia militias in Iraq. Also their goal has for a long time been to take down the Saudis and their emir allies.The problem is that they are the USA allies so that is where the problems come from.

Really? I've never seen anything documented about Iran invading other nations. I thought the government was making all that up.

James Madison
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Actually the whole "face of the map" misquote started from a bad Iranian government translation.

Of course, it is. "Wipe off the face of the map" is an idiom unique to the English language, meaning it wouldn't translate to Farsi (or anything for that matter). So right away, we know this translation is, at best, someone's interpretation of the original script.

RickyJ
08-18-2012, 12:23 PM

I don't think any nation wants to be wiped out, and they would be wiped out if we attacked them and they retaliated, which of course they would do. But we are attacking them right now indirectly through sanctions, cyber warfare, and more than likely funding of revolutionary groups in Iran. The economic sanctions are hurting the Iranian citizens with sky high inflation right now. This is uniting the Iranian people behind their government because they see and feel how unfair this is to them. Like Ron Paul says, if some nation did this to us we wouldn't like it one bit either. There is no question who started this new cold-war, Israel and the USA did. Iran would like to just rise up out of a third world status, they are not particularity looking for a fight from anybody or want to fight anybody.

This is something you should consider, if Iran is so hostile to Jews, then why is it that Iran has the largest Jewish population of any Muslim nation and that they actually prefer to live there over Israel?

The Israeli government has offered all Iranian Jews all expenses paid relocation to Israel, yet very few have taken them up on that offer.

mac_hine
08-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Ahmadinejad Greeted by Anti-Zionist Jews in New York

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XAeqtY7Sk

On Monday Sep. 24, '07 in the Intercontinental Hotel, at 48th St. and Lexington Ave. New York City at 9:00am anti-Zionist Orthdox Rabbis met with Iranian President Ahmadinejad then participated in a counter demonstration against protestors of the Iranian President in the Dag Hamerskold Plaza at the United Nations followed by a counter demonstration during the speech of the Iranian president at Colombia University. http://edition.presstv.ir/detail/24516.html

25,000 Jews live in Iran. It's the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel. Iranian Jews are not persecuted or abused by the state, in fact, they are protected under Iran's constitution. They are free to practice their religion and to vote in elections. They are not stopped and searched at checkpoints, they are not brutalized by an occupying army, and they are not herded into a densely-populated penal colony (Gaza) where they are deprived of the basic means of survival. Iranian Jews live in dignity and enjoy the benefits of citizenship.

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is demonized in the western media. He is called an anti-Semite and the "new Hitler." But if those claims are true, then why did the majority of Iran's Jews vote for Ahmadinejad in recent presidential elections? Could it be that most of what we know about Ahmadinejad is just baseless rumor and propaganda? This excerpt appeared in an article by the BBC:

"(Ahmadinejad's) office recently donated money for Tehran's Jewish hospital. It is one of only four Jewish charity hospitals worldwide and is funded with money from the Jewish diaspora -- something remarkable in Iran where even local aid organizations have difficulty receiving funds from abroad for fear of being accused of being foreign agents."

When did Hitler ever donate money to Jewish hospitals? The Hitler analogy is a desperate attempt to brainwash Americans. It tells us nothing about what Ahmadinejad is really like.

The lies about Ahmadinejad are no different than the lies about Saddam Hussein or Hugo Chavez. The US and Israel are trying to create the justification for another war. That's why the media credits Ahmadinejad with saying things that he never really said.

read more... http://www.opednews.com/articles/25-000-Jews-live-in-Iran-by-Mike-Whitney-100817-972.html

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Not stopped,,, delayed.
It will happen when the time is right.

I expect an announcement from the smoking remains of Jerusalem.

Oh, no 21 Dec 2012! :p

musicmax
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
musicmax,

Do you know Farsi?

I do not. My comments on the AP article refer to their conflation of "Zionist regime" with "Israel". For purposes of this discussion, I am accepting AP's translation of the original Farsi as they present it further on down in the article; I am objecting to them using "The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity" as an excuse to claim he said "Israel's existence is an insult to all humanity".

For more on the "wipe off the map" controversy, including translations from multiple sources, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel#Translation_controv ersy

Carson
08-18-2012, 02:57 PM
What are the odds they would start telling the truth now?

Carson
08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
A while back I heard there were only seven nations on the world left without being part of the global controlled network of central banks. The list had Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya on it then. Now I think it is down to Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Cuba.

I suppose now that Iceland has thrown the shackles they are now on the watch list.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/africa/item/8318-%E2%80%9Clibyan-rebels%E2%80%9D-create-central-bank-oil-company

chudrockz
08-18-2012, 03:21 PM

That last part is just as untrue as is possible. Consider Saddam and Khadafi. They both layed down and "cooperated" up a storm with the United States. And both died fairly horrible deaths at our hands for it.

chudrockz
08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
A while back I heard there were only seven nations on the world left without being part of the global controlled network of central banks. The list had Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya on it then. Now I think it is down to Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Cuba.

I suppose now that Iceland has thrown the shackles they are now on the watch list.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/africa/item/8318-%E2%80%9Clibyan-rebels%E2%80%9D-create-central-bank-oil-company

No doubt at all, within a very short period of time, Iceland will be found to be a hotbed of "terrorist" activities and drastically in need of some good old fashioned violent "regime change".

Brett85
08-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I don't believe anything can make the warmongers less likely to attack. They don't need ammunition, permission or even a reason. They are psychotic.

But the rhetoric coming from Iran's leaders make it easier for neo-conservatives to sell war with Iran to the American people. They have to try to scare the American people into going to war in order to get their support.

dillo
08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Even if I were to accept the premise that Iran wanted to destroy Israel, why should I care?

dillo
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
But the rhetoric coming from Iran's leaders make it easier for neo-conservatives to sell war with Iran to the American people. They have to try to scare the American people into going to war in order to get their support.

the great thing about foreign leaders is that the media gets to translate what they say
the media gets to translate what they say
the media

Brett85
08-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Even if I were to accept the premise that Iran wanted to destroy Israel, why should I care?

Did you not care about the Holocaust? I'm as anti war as anyone, but some of these statements made by Iran's leaders still concern me. And yes, I understand the translation issue, that the "wipe Israel off the map" comments may have been mistranslated. I hope that's the case.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Did you not care about the Holocaust?

:eek:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

:(

An event over 60 years ago,, that was done in full collusion with the Zionists that created this state.

Often described as Genocide,,though incorrectly.

Has nothing to do with the constant threats and violence that have come out of Israel ever since it's creation.

Demigod
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Did you not care about the Holocaust? I'm as anti war as anyone, but some of these statements made by Iran's leaders still concern me. And yes, I understand the translation issue, that the "wipe Israel off the map" comments may have been mistranslated. I hope that's the case.

As much Slavs,Gypsies and homosexuals died in the concentration camps as Jews did and I don't see anyone getting too worried that Gypsies are still treated as not second but third class citizens in Europe or when someone stars killing Slavs.

And not only that but there were dozens of carnage's on a similar scale of the holocaust ( % of population wise in some cases ) and I don't see anyone talking about them.

dillo
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM

No not really, it was a world war in which 60 million people died, why would I want to let 60 million more die to save 6 million(if thats even a real number). Obviously jews were killed in WW2, but the Holocaust is merely propoganda to promote zionism and the creation of the jewish state.

WarNoMore
08-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Are the Jews special? Should they be protected in ways other groups are not? Should America come to the defense of Israel even when Israel are the aggressors in war? Shouldn't Israel learn how to peacefully co-exist with their neighboring countries? Shouldn't they stop aggressing against Palestinians, and work towards a peace that favors everyone, and not just the zionists?

Brett85
08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Are the Jews special? Should they be protected in ways other groups are not? Should America come to the defense of Israel even when Israel are the aggressors in war? Shouldn't Israel learn how to peacefully co-exist with their neighboring countries? Shouldn't they stop aggressing against Palestinians, and work towards a peace that favors everyone, and not just the zionists?

When did I say that the United States should protect Israel? I only said that I'm concerned about Ahmadinejad's recent comments.

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
When did I say that the United States should protect Israel? I only said that I'm concerned about Ahmadinejad's recent comments.

I'm not concerned about them at all.
I am more concerned with the consequences of the Zionist agenda.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cd/Balfour_portrait_and_declaration.JPG/800px-Balfour_portrait_and_declaration.JPG

Uriah
08-18-2012, 04:49 PM

You realize that the President of Iran doesn't really have that much power. Right?

http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/6/15/14/how-iran-works-3160-1245089753-17.jpg

Brett85
08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not concerned about them at all.
I am more concerned with the consequences of the Zionist agenda.

Is your view that the state of Israel shouldn't even exist?

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Should never have,,
but since it is, they should stand on their own and face the consequences for their actions.

The US should not be involved regardless.

dillo
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM

I think MA said it best to be honest

Did the Palestinian people have anything to do with it? Why should the Palestinians pay for it now? Five million displaced Palestinian people is what I'm talking about. Over 60 years of living under terror. Losing the lives of thousands of dear ones. And homes that are destroyed on a daily basis over people's heads. You might argue that the Jews have the right to have a government. We're not against that. But where? At a place where their people were – several people will vote for them, and where they can govern.

The palestinians had nothing to do with WW2 why are they the ones misplaced. If you want to give the jews a home state then give them your own land. Why wasnt part of Germany given to them, or Italy or Russia.

DerailingDaTrain
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Iran is extremely awesome and way more free than the US. Look at how they give trials to people! The US is like Nazi Germany compared to Iran.

/sarcasm

dillo
08-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Iran is extremely awesome and way more free than the US. Look at how they give trials to people! The US is like Nazi Germany compared to Iran.

/sarcasm

I disagree with you but can't formulate an argument use this instead

BucksforPaul
08-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I see that World War IV drums are beating louder and faster these days.

trey4sports
08-18-2012, 07:04 PM
what the hell is he going to attack Israel with? Ferry dust and happy thoughts?

mac_hine
08-18-2012, 07:11 PM
what the hell is he going to attack Israel with? Ferry dust and happy thoughts?

Don't know about you, but this scares the shit out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTIoezhRS3g&feature=related

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Don't know about you, but this scares the shit out of me.

Why would coastal defenses scare you?

unless you plan on attacking.

mac_hine
08-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Why would coastal defenses scare you?

unless you plan on attacking.

lol.

DerailingDaTrain
08-18-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think he could do much damage with those few boat/planes

jonhowe
08-18-2012, 08:01 PM
What's the range on those? 3, 4 miles?

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 08:11 PM
What's the range on those? 3, 4 miles?

Well, they are hardly stealth. I have no idea who called them that. They are a high speed patrol craft. They could be used as a short range attack craft.
They are not the only coastal defense,,just one craft in a multilayer defense.

Personally I think the Supersonic Carrier Killer Missiles are likely more effective. And they have a lot of them.

Working Poor
08-18-2012, 08:22 PM

Yea he would go down if we ignored him but you know how some like to go in and screw the ex for revenge or something.

I think that having yet another war in the Middle East might be the end of our country as we know it.

Well maybe that is what we need to be brought down a notch. I think we are going down no matter what we do or who is in charge or what war we choose to fight.. Maybe it is best for the liberty movement that we cannot not be blamed for any of it because we are the main ones who have been saying not don't do that.

Brett85
08-18-2012, 08:38 PM
but since it is, they should stand on their own and face the consequences for their actions.

The US should not be involved regardless.

I agree with that.

trey4sports
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
lol, a flying boat with machine guns? Going up against Israel which is basically stock-piled with our hand-me-down's? C'mon this sounds like a straight-to-dvd movie!

jonhowe
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, they are hardly stealth. I have no idea who called them that. They are a high speed patrol craft. They could be used as a short range attack craft.
They are not the only coastal defense,,just one craft in a multilayer defense.

Personally I think the Supersonic Carrier Killer Missiles are likely more effective. And they have a lot of them.

And HOW DARE THEY DEFEND THEIR BORDERS!?

Ender
08-18-2012, 08:50 PM
lol, a flying boat with machine guns? Going up against Israel which is basically stock-piled with our hand-me-down's? C'mon this sounds like a straight-to-dvd movie!

They have a bit more than US hand-me-downs.

They have 200-400 nuclear warheads.

showpan
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM

The same "holocaust" that Chase financed?

trey4sports
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
They have a bit more than US hand-me-downs.

They have 200-400 nuclear warheads.

Those aren't from us?

MJU1983
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Who cares is what I say. Why?

Ahmadinejad isn't in charge - Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is. Ahmadinejad doesn't control Iran's nuclear strategy, armed forces or even foreign policy. In addition to Ayatollah Khamenei, he's outranked by the 12 members of the Guardian Council putting him 14th in command (of nothing really).

pcosmar
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM

Oh come on. They are not for "going" anywhere. They are for coastal defense.
Iran has very little that could be used for offensive purposes.. They do have a fairly robust Defensive capability.
And they OWN the Straits of Hormuz

"He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing"
Muad'Dib

trey4sports
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh come on. They are not for "going" anywhere. They are for coastal defense.
Iran has very little that could be used for offensive purposes.. They do have a fairly robust Defensive capability.
And the OWN the Straits of Hormuz

yeah, that's my point. These are kiddy toys!