PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic...Hucks first ad "featuring Chuck Norris" Hucks so tough!

Dave Wood
11-18-2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/18/mike-huckabee-premieres-f_n_73160.html

And why was Mr. no money on Sunday morning tv again?? The media really wants this guy for some reason...It would be nice to see a spoof of this tv add on youtube quickly;)

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I think its kind of funny... some people actually think the chuck norris thing was real... it wasn't. It was parody.

jake
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I think its kind of funny... some people actually think the chuck norris thing was real... it wasn't. It was parody.

:confused:

AFM
11-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Eh.

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
:confused:

Yes, thats right, the whole chuck norris thing was started by people who thought he was cheesy, and his Walker show was even cheesier.

think about it, would th ejokes be so funny if it was Jet Li or Bruce lee?

AlexMerced
11-18-2007, 12:41 PM
still, i found it quite amusing, nice to see he has a sense of humor, that'll get him the middle school vote.

JPFromTally
11-18-2007, 12:41 PM
This will get attention on the networks... Sadly not for substance.

silverhandorder
11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes, thats right, the whole chuck norris thing was started by people who thought he was cheesy, and his Walker show was even cheesier.

You mean that Chuck Noris can not control space and time?

TheConstitutionLives
11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Pretty good ad if you ask me. I like it.

skinzterpswizfan
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Is Huckabee trying to turn his campaign into a joke?

I appreciate the attempt at humor, but this is a presidential election not an 8th grade election.

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I couldn't help but notice, for the first time, that Huck is wall eyed. He is usually pretty good at keeping that hidden, because I never noticed before.

Matthew Zak
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Someone in Hucks campaign thought he could hijack the internet support by waving an internet cliche in the air. Smells like defeat if you ask me.

Larofeticus
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I'll tell you the exact result of this ad:

Any impressed person is gonna vote write in for Chuck Norris.

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll tell you the exact result of this ad:

Any impressed person is gonna vote write in for Chuck Norris.

good call... and may very well be right.

Peppy690
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM
wow

dircha
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM

And why was Mr. no money on Sunday morning tv again??

How about because he is polling a close 2nd place to Mitt Romney in Iowa, polls only a few points behind us in New Hampshire, and polls higher than us nationally, despite having raised very little money?

Couldn't be! It must be a CFR media conspiracy.

cmc
11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow.

And the still call us kooks.

RonPaulCult
11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I predict he will drop in the polls because of this ad. It was designed to get him attention but it doesn't look presidential. Way to give yourself a Howard Dean scream moment Huck

MozoVote
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
An ad like that might have been allright for an outsider like Kinky Freidman, but for a mainstream politician it just makes you go "Huh?"

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
An ad like that might have been allright for an outsider like Kinky Freidman, but for a mainstream politician it just makes you go "Huh?"

It may play well to the internet crowd, but he should have doen a more down-home "hes catchin on" type of commercial for tv viewers.

Most tv heads will not get it.

Karrl
11-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Was that just a joke or is it really going to be used? Talk about cheesy!

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 01:02 PM
How about because he is polling a close 2nd place to Mitt Romney in Iowa, polls only a few points behind us in New Hampshire, and polls higher than us nationally, despite having raised very little money?

Couldn't be! It must be a CFR media conspiracy.

Yes, and he is doing so, because he is on tv all the time, and in magaziens, and everywhere else. I read an article about him in TIME a few months ago... has Paul been in TIME yet?

And whats with the CFR bullshit? Who pissed in your wheaties today?

Spirit of '76
11-18-2007, 01:09 PM
How does Chuck Norris keep his teeth so white? I'm all bedazzled.

dircha
11-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, and he is doing so, because he is on tv all the time, and in magaziens, and everywhere else. I read an article about him in TIME a few months ago... has Paul been in TIME yet?

And whats with the CFR bullshit? Who pissed in your wheaties today?

Why would Ron Paul be in TIME? Why do people think Huckabee's support is manufactured by the media? Isn't it possible that people just like the guy? Don't you remember his impressive performance at Ames when every major media outlet was still calling him a long shot?

Again, I strongly disagree with Huckabee and think he would be Bush 2.0 as I have said repeatedly. Why does it surprise people that the same America that voted an incompetent frat boy like Bush II into office, twice (debatably), would support Huckabee?

But if you tend to believe the polls, and I do, Huckabee appears to currently have more support than Ron Paul. He is polling in a close 2nd place in Iowa. He out polls us nationally. He is 2 points or less behind us in New Hampshire. He out polls us in every early state except New Hampshire, where it is a statistical dead heat.

So again, why shouldn't we expect Huckabee be receiving more media coverage than Ron Paul?

But of course people continue to suggest that it is simply media bias or a media conspiracy, because they apparently can not come to grips with the fact that based on the polls, he is more popular than our candidate across the board, and is a contender to win in Iowa.

TheNewYorker
11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
The only reason Huckabee is polling so well, is because the "polls" poll likely republican voters.

Likely republican voters, are people who voted for a republican congress last election. The only people that voted for a republican congress last election were the die-hard neocon evangelical pro-war chickenhawks. Hence why the congress is now largely democratic.

Huckabee, is the top choice for those die-hard neocon evangelical pro-war chicenhawks. That's why he's doing so well in the "polls".

Bottom line is, the die-hard neocon evangelical pro-war chickenhawks represent a very, very small minority of likely voters in the 2008 elections. So, basically the polls being conducted are total bunk and not even anywhere close to accurate. It's sad that the MSM bases their coverage of candidates off of the polls.

Remember, John Kerry was polling even lower than Ron Paul is now before the primaries, and he still won the nomination.

DJ RP
11-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I thought the advert was funny. Shame Chuck didn't endorse ron paul

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Why would Ron Paul be in TIME? Why do people think Huckabee's support is manufactured by the media? Isn't it possible that people just like the guy? Don't you remember his impressive performance at Ames when every major media outlet was still calling him a long shot?

Ron Pauls poll numbers are better now, than Hucks numbers were back in may or june, when I read the article in time.

But of course people continue to suggest that it is simply media bias or a media conspiracy, because they apparently can not come to grips with the fact that based on the polls, he is more popular than our candidate across the board, and is a contender to win in Iowa.

Ill just motion you strike out "across the board" and replace it with "diehard christian conservatives"

pure truth is, Huckabee may have a chance a tthe republican nomination, but his chances of winning the real election are below zero.

DRV45N05
11-18-2007, 01:39 PM
This was a terrible ad for the Huckabee campaign. A real waste of time and money. Many people will be dismissing him because of this. It will have the same effect as the Richardson ads in Iowa: people will think they're funny for a while, but then he'll be dismissed.

Vonhayek7
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
that was hilarious.

ronpaulyourmom
11-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Here's the full ad by the way, it's 1 minute long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE

spiteface
11-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why some of these politicians think they could have a second career in comedy. Who are the yes men telling these guys "Oh yeah, your one liners are great, use them in the debates. You know you're sooo funny we should make hilarious commercials, everyone will love it!" Enough already, leave it to comedians and stick to the issues.

strategos
11-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I like it plus Huck is a fellow fairtaxer

Jaykzo
11-18-2007, 02:18 PM
If our candidate did something like this, we'd be hanging our heads in shame.

This is incredibly dumb, I hope the Huck fans worldwide realize what kind of campaign they're a part of now.

Spirit of '76
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Believe it or not, this will appeal to a lot of people. He'll probably win over some Fred Thompson supporters with this one.

Paulitician
11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Actually, I see him pulling in a lot of college or anyone really who's heard any of the Chuck Norris jokes or are big fans of Walker, Texas Ranger because of this ad. I don't know what to say about it really. It's cheesy, but maybe it's also brilliant. I wonder what the older crowd is going to think about it.

framecut
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM

And why was Mr. no money on Sunday morning tv again?? The media really wants this guy for some reason...It would be nice to see a spoof of this tv add on youtube quickly;)

Meh.

Ron Paul is the Bruce Lee of Politics.

me3
11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
That is the most idiotic commercial ever. What a waste of 30 seconds.

framecut
11-19-2007, 12:54 AM
That is the most idiotic commercial ever. What a waste of 30 seconds.

Do you have to involve politics in everything?

American
11-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Just not forget this clown

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/CodyLamb12/hoffc.jpg

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I fully expect Ron Paul's next ad to say the following;

WANTED: Somebody to run for president with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 203 Cannon House Office Building Washington, DC 20515. You'll get paid after we get elected. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

SeanEdwards
11-19-2007, 01:59 AM
http://www.ultimateshowdown.org/

Starks
11-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Science bless Huckabee if he can scrounge up...

ONE MILLION DOLLARS! </Dr. Evil>

for the quarter.

Captain Shays
11-19-2007, 08:47 AM

That reason is to off set the Ron Paul effect with Christian voters. Though Huckabee is not a CFR member he lines up with many of thier policies like foreign interventions, the Federal Reserve, extra-national trade agreements, the war on (some) drugs among others.
They'll throw him to the wolves if he gets too close to the prize or, they'll make him an offer that he cannot refuse to play along with certain plans, whether it be the NAU formation or membership in the soon to be established FTAA or the plans to follow through on the PNAC course, IF he got elected. But we know, and they know that he won't so its really a diversion.
Why are Tancredo and Hunter still in this race? If or when they drop out Huckabee, Paul and the rest will get a slight boost though I seriously doubt Giulaini will get as much from Tancredo voters as Ron Paul will and the inverse is probably true of Hunter voters.

Badger Paul
11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I think Huck would have been better off just letting Chuck do the talking for him. I found it confusing. Is Huckabee going to name Chuck his vice president?

bmcosti
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.ronpaulfacts.com/

Ron Paul invented Chuck Norris!

nayjevin
11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Ron Paul invented Chuck Norris!

On Nov 5th, Ron Paul created a fundraiser with his mind so big that even he couldn't make a bigger one. Then, on Dec 16th, he created an even bigger one, just to show you who in the hell Ron Paul is.

frasu
11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
check out the crazy battle of today's fundraiser:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

get in and donate if u can!

trispear
11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
But if you tend to believe the polls, and I do, Huckabee appears to currently have more support than Ron Paul. He is polling in a close 2nd place in Iowa. He out polls us nationally. He is 2 points or less behind us in New Hampshire. He out polls us in every early state except New Hampshire, where it is a statistical dead heat.

So again, why shouldn't we expect Huckabee be receiving more media coverage than Ron Paul?

In this election cycle, I have truly learned there are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Money talks and bullshit walks. Huckabee ain't raising squat for all that free old media coverage he's been getting.

sharedvoice
11-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I think Huck would have been better off just letting Chuck do the talking for him. I found it confusing. Is Huckabee going to name Chuck his vice president?

Check out the Director's Cut (Behind the Scenes w/ Chuck) lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCdWlCskJA