PDA

View Full Version : Speaking slot at convention?

zeloc
08-17-2012, 08:57 PM
According to this article (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57488006-503544/rick-santorum-rand-paul-to-speak-at-republican-convention/), Romney's "closest competitor" during the primary will have a speaking slot at the convention, and Rick Santorum has been named. I thought that Ron Paul had more delegates than Santorum? Am I wrong?

sailingaway
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Delegates aren't the point (and at this point I suspect Ron has more because Santa lost a bunch, but I really haven't been tracking Santa). The point is you need over 5 STATES, which Ron has, but is being challenged in so many states on trumped up charges we literally will not know until Tampa if Ron can be nominated from the floor for an unedited nominee's 15 minute speech to the convention. That is what we want, however. If our guys are not cheated in credentials Ron should have at least 6 states. Some may be bound on the BALLOT but that isn't the same as the nomination to be added to the ballot to begin with.

NewFederalist
08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Prime time slot right outside the men's room near exit 28 mezzanine section. ;)

GeorgiaAvenger
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I do think that Ron Paul should demand a speaking slot, or else he will say that he will go third party. Behind closed doors.

But, I definitely do not want him to go third party for real. If its behind closed doors nobody has to know about it.

CPUd
08-18-2012, 09:30 PM
I do think that Ron Paul should demand a speaking slot, or else he will say that he will go third party. Behind closed doors.

But, I definitely do not want him to go third party for real. If its behind closed doors nobody has to know about it.

Doug Wead said they were gonna play that card a few months ago.

It would have been effective, but someone eventually came out with a story about RP not having ballot access in all the states if he ran 3rd party.

sailingaway
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Doug Wead said they were gonna play that card a few months ago.

It would have been effective, but someone eventually came out with a story about RP not having ballot access in all the states if he ran 3rd party.

He doesn't need it in 50 states, only in enough to get the most electoral votes.

Lightweis
08-18-2012, 10:29 PM
He doesn't need it in 50 states, only in enough to get the most electoral votes.

I have to disagree with this. We should pull our resources together and be productive like helping out Kurt Bills win in MN. Not just pissing off the Republican establishment and hurting our chances within the Republican party down the road.

sailingaway
08-18-2012, 11:18 PM
I have to disagree with this. We should pull our resources together and be productive like helping out Kurt Bills win in MN. Not just pissing off the Republican establishment and hurting our chances within the Republican party down the road.

Wasnt saying he should or shouldnt just that 50 wasnt necessary.

Carson
08-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Because they might break your fingers?

They no longer have a down the road with many of us. me.

Carson
08-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Because they might break your fingers?

They no longer have a down the road with many of us. me.

The party and the country are finished if we can't get some sort of foot hold to restore law, order, and the constitution. Actually they have been for a while it seems.

Every election just entrenches the status quo in a little more solid with new rules. We had some get passed a while back that seemed to lock every third party out. It sort of slips my mind the details but it got slipped through never the less. Slipped through right out in the wide open by tricking people into thinking it was a good thing.

Peace&Freedom
08-19-2012, 12:19 AM

The psychology is exactly the opposite. The more the movement causes pain to the Republican hacktiverse that hosed Paul, the more it will make it accountable for its abuses, and thus improve our influence down the road. Doing nothing to discomfort them, in response to a belligerent establishment that utterly rigged the whole primary process, is to become yet another impotent, co-opted faction within their regime. If you are in a major party's pocket, prepare to be squished. The GOP only started caring about the Tea Party once it started ousting establishment incumbents out from office, either in the primary or by splitting the conservative vote in elections. Gary North explained the 'inflict pain' to achieve progress concept in his famous column on the Tea Party, below:

www.lewrockwell.com/north/north843.html

affa
08-19-2012, 12:39 AM

screw the GOP. they're certainly fine with screwing us.

Lightweis
08-19-2012, 12:43 AM
The psychology is exactly the opposite. The more the movement causes pain to the Republican hacktiverse that hosed Paul, the more it will make it accountable for its abuses, and thus improve our influence down the road. Doing nothing to discomfort them, in response to a belligerent establishment that utterly rigged the whole primary process, is to become yet another impotent, co-opted faction within their regime. If you are in a major party's pocket, prepare to be squished. The GOP only started caring about the Tea Party once it started ousting establishment incumbents out from office, either in the primary or by splitting the conservative vote in elections. Gary North explained the 'inflict pain' to achieve progress concept in his famous column on the Tea Party, below:

www.lewrockwell.com/north/north843.html

The majority of the Tea Party and conservatives are now 100 percent backing Mitt Romney. It would not make sense wasting our resources getting Ron Paul on every or any ballot. Rand Paul with Ron Paul's blessing clearly sees the right path going forward and is playing the game to win in 2016.

sailingaway
08-19-2012, 10:54 AM
The majority of the Tea Party and conservatives are now 100 percent backing Mitt Romney. It would not make sense wasting our resources getting Ron Paul on every or any ballot. Rand Paul with Ron Paul's blessing clearly sees the right path going forward and is playing the game to win in 2016.

the majority of those only labeled and never actually Tea Party conservatives are. Also the part that follows Palin will, after convention. Has she specifically endorsed Romney yet? I don't follow her, but last I saw, she hadn't. And we know nothing about what Ron is doing behind the scenes in terms of 'blessings' as it occurred rather than living with something done to all of us after the fact, and we can all make up our own scenarios of that.